The same thing happens with your car’s value, with time the market value of the car decreases as well as affects your claim amount. It is an add-on under car insurance that provides you 100% cover for your car’s fiber, metal, and rubber parts. However, it does not provide cover for the mechanical breakdown, engine damage, etc.
You might be interested in
Benefits of Kotak Mahindra Zero Depreciation Add-On
Kotak Mahindra Zero-Depreciation add-on cover comes with a set of benefits. They are as follows:
- Better Claim Amount: It exempts you from bearing the depreciated cost liability. This add-on offers higher claim amount to the policyholder. When the policyholder purchases this add-on, it shifts the depreciation cost liability from himself to the insurance company.
- Cover for Rubber: Kotak Mahindra car insurance provides cover for the rubber parts as well as other parts at 100%. This add-on provides cover for tyre and tubes along with the fibre, metal and plastic parts.
Applicable Car Depreciation Rate With & Without Kotak Mahindra Zero-Depreciation Cover
Below is a table showcasing the rate of depreciation that would be applicable with and without a zero depreciation cover:
|Age of Car||Depreciation Rate Without Kotak Mahindra Zero Depreciation Cover (In Percentage)||Depreciation Rate With Kotak Mahindra Zero Depreciation Cover (In Percentage)|
|Less than six months||0||0|
|Over 10 years||50||0|
Factors Affecting Kotak Mahindra Zero Depreciation Cover
Here are some of the factors that affect the Kotak Mahindra Zero Depreciation cover:
- Eligibility: If you have modified your car then you cannot purchase a zero-depreciation add-on cover
- Car Part Availability:Zero-depreciation cover is not available if a particular car part of your car that need to be changed is not available in the market.
- Age of Car: Kotak Mahindra zero-depreciation add-on cover is only available for the cars up to 3 years of age.
Claim Process for Kotak Mahindra Zero-Depreciation Cover
Kotak Mahindra Zero-depreciation car insurance claim process is very easy and the policyholder can go for both cashless as well as reimbursement processes. In order to raise the claim for zero depreciation, you have to keep the following documents handy.
- Policy papers
- A valid driving license
- Registration certificate of the car
- Claim form
- FIR (If there was a need to file one in your case)
- An estimated repair cost or expense bill invoice
Once you have the above-mentioned document ready, you can follow the steps mention below to initiate your claim process:
- Inform your insurer immediately
- Fill the form properly and make sure you have not filled wrong information
- The company will send some inspector to do a survey.
- Once the inspection is done, take your car to one of the network garages nearby
- After the repairing of the car, the insurer will settle a cashless claim or reimbursement.
Bajaj Allianz Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Chola MS Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Digit Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Edelweiss Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Future Generali Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
IFFCO Tokio Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Liberty Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
National Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
New India Assurance Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Oriental Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Raheja QBE Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Reliance Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Zero Depreciation
SBI Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Shriram Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Tata AIG Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover
United India Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Universal Sompo Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
What if I have a comprehensive car insurance plan and I meet an accident that damages the tyres & tubes of my car as well. Will the insurer provide cover for the damaged tyres and tubes? If yes then how much coverage is provided?
Ans: If you have a comprehensive car insurance plan and you meet an accident that damages the tyres & tubes of your car then the insurer will provide 50% coverage for the replacement cost.
Q2: I met an accident and did not file an FIR, will the insurer provide cover for the damage caused to my car?
Ans: Yes, until it is something that does not require police discretion the insurer will provide cover even if you have not filed an FIR.
Ans: No, you are not eligible to purchase the zero-depreciation add-on cover if you have modified your car.
Q4: What if I meet an accident and the engine gets damaged? Will the zero-depreciation cover the damage?
Ans: No, the zero-depreciation add-on will not provide cover for the engine damage.
Ans: Rubber, Plastic and fibre parts of the car gets 100% coverage under the zero-depreciation add-on.
Ans: You can only purchase the zero-depreciation add-on untill your car is 3 years old, after that you cannot purchase a zero-depreciation add-on cover.