What’s SBI Zero Depreciation Car Insurance?
In a general comprehensive car insurance, the company tends to deduct the depreciation percentage from the claim amount. Older cars tend to get the lower claim amount. Now, to avoid this, one can add SBI Zero Depreciation Car Insurance to their comprehensive car insurance.
Under this car policy, the depreciation is not deducted from the claim amount. The company takes the liability of the depreciation and gives the complete claim amount to the policyholder. This policy can be availed at an additional premium.
Benefits of SBI Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Simply having comprehensive car insurance means the depreciation will be deducted from the claim amount. It means the lowered value of the claim, specifically in cars which are substantially old. To avoid this one can add the SBI Zero Depreciation Car Insurance to the original insurance. Here are some of the benefits to reap:
- 5-year-old Cars: This insurance add-on covers five years' old cars as well under the insurance coverage.
- Higher Claim Amount: With the SBI Zero Depreciation Car Insurance add-on one can increase the overall claim amount as compared to comprehensive car insurance. The depreciation will not be deducted from the claim amount.
- Company Reputation: SBI car insurance has great reputation in the market, which further ensures 100% claim settlement in a faster way.
Claim Process- SBI Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
The claim process of the SBI Zero Depreciation Car Insurance is easy and hassle-free. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Register the Claim: The first step is to file the claim with the SBI General Insurance Co. Ltd. One can either choose either of the ways:
- Call: 1800 22 1111 (toll-free number)
- SMS: CLAIM to 561612
- Email: submit details to email@example.com
- Online filing: Go to SBI general insurance website, and fill the claim form directly.
2. Confirmation: Within 20-24 hours, the claim support team will give a call. It shows that the claim is registered. They will provide a claim number to be used in the further steps. Keep the reference number of the claim process safe, as one will have to submit it at the garage later on.
3. FIR: In case the car is in a grave accident causing personal injury or if the car isstolen, FIR is mandatory for the claim process to move forward. One needs to provide details of the accident and witnesses to the SBI general insurance.
4. Take the Car to the Garage: SBI car insurance has around 2500 cashless garages across the country. Simply take the car to one of the cashless garages and provide them with the details of insurance, accident and claim reference number.
5. Claim Processing: After the car is submitted to the garage the claim is finalized. One can sit back and relax, as the company will sanction the insurance claim on SBI Zero Depreciation Car Insurance within 30 days. The claim will be sanctioned without deducting the depreciation on the car.
SBI Zero Depreciation Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: Under this car insurance, all the metal parts, rubber and fibre parts are covered 100 percent without any depreciation deduction.
Ans: In the case of SBI Zero Depreciation Car Insurance, the depreciation of the car value is not taken into account during the claim settlement.
Ans: No. one will not get a complete claim on the damages and will get only what is covered under the policy.
Ans: One can simply visit the SBI car insurance site, fill in the details, mention the add-on and get a quote.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More