Oriental Insurance Company at a Glance
|Claim Settlement Ratio||91.5%|
|Cashless Network Garages||Available|
|No Claim Bonus||Yes, Provided|
|Claiming Process||Online & Offline|
What Does Oriental Car Insurance Policy Document Consists?
The policyholder can download the car insurance policy document from the official website of Oriental Insurance Company. It is necessary to keep yourself updated with your existing car insurance plan. You can learn about the following details:
- Insured’s Name
- Policyholder’s Age
- Mobile number and Email ID
- Policy Number
- IDV Details
- Complaint Process
- Terms and Conditions related to each aspect of coverage
- Type of policy whether Comprehensive or Third-party
- Inclusion, exclusions, SI details, etc.
Steps To Download Oriental Car Insurance Documents?
To download Oriental car insurance policy documents, you will be required to register your email ID and car insurance policy number. Follow the steps given below to download the policy documents:
- Go on to the official website of Oriental Insurance Company or you can download the mobile application if available on play store/app store
- Register with your email ID and policy number
- Out of all the sections available on the screen, click on the car insurance section
- Fill the details, such as your name, contact number, policy number, etc.
- Check the details filled in before clicking on the download button
- Once you click on the download button, the policy documents will be downloaded in your computer system and if you have downloaded the policy using the mobile application then it will be downloaded on your mobile
- Now you can read the details related to your policy on the soft copy or you can print it out
Is It Necessary to Keep A Hard Copy Of The Oriental Car Insurance Policy?
It is mandatory to keep the hard copy of the insurance policy documents with you while driving as per the Motor Vehicle Act 1988. Not keeping a hard copy of the insurance policy while driving the car as per the law is a punishable offense. But IRDAI launched a mobile application called e-VAHAN and it lets the car owner keep a soft copy of the insurance document on their mobile phone and it is acceptable by the traffic police. E-VAHAN Bima has a QR code that can be scanned to get the details of the car insurance policy.
It means that now even if you do not carry the hard copy of the insurance policy but carry a soft copy of the insurance plan on e-VAHAN mobile application then it will be acceptable by the traffic police. But in case you forget your mobile phone at your home or your mobile phone has been stolen then if you have kept the hard copy of the insurance plan in your car will work as a saviour. This is why it is suggested to keep the hard copy along with the soft copy of the insurance policy to keep you from getting a challan for not keeping the insurance policy with you.
How To Make Changes In Oriental Car Insurance Policy Documents?
In case you detect an error or mistake in any of the details such as your name’s spelling, date of purchase, etc. then you will have to contact the customer executive of the Oriental Insurance Company. They will ask for your policy number and other details to access your insurance plan and then make the changes you want them to.
Ans: Claim settlement ratio of the Oriental insurance company is 91.5%.
Ans: There are more than 6400 network garages of the oriental insurance company in the whole country.
Q3: How can I get the information such as name of the network garage, location of a particular network garage of the Oriental insurance company?
Ans: You can go on to the official website and based on your car make and model look for the network garage. You will have to download the excel sheet of the particular car company network garage and search the one near your place.
Q4: Is there a mobile application for the Oriental insurance company? Can I learn about my insurance plan on the application?
Ans: Yes, you can download the Oriental insurance company’s application from the appstore/playstore and learn about your insurance plan on it.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More