Oriental cat insurance claim can be raised by both online and offline mode. In the case of offline mode, the policyholder needs to visit Oriental Insurance’s nearby branch whereas in online mode it can be simply done by visiting the official website.
You might be interested in
Oriental Car Insurance Claim Process
Oriental Car Insurance provides both online and offline modes of initiating the claim process. The policyholder may avail of the claim by either cashless or reimbursement process. In case of a cashless claim, the policyholder is required to take the damaged vehicle to any network garage and get the vehicle repaired on payment of basic deductibles. If the policyholder opts for a reimbursement claim process, then he can take the damaged vehicle to any nearby garage available and pay the whole bill then get the money reimbursed by the insurer.
How to File A Oriental Car Insurance Claim?
Oriental car insurance gives multiple options for claiming insurance that gives its customers a wide range of options to opt for as per their convenience. The below-mentioned steps are required for initiating the claim process.
1. Cashless Car Insurance Claim
The steps for cashless claim are:
- Give immediate information to the insurer after the accident
- Request for claim initiation
- The insurance company will conduct an inspection of the accident
- The policyholder may request for towing service from the insurer
- Get your vehicle repaired at the workshop and the insurer will bear the cost of the repair
- You need to pay the compulsory deductible amount
- After all the formalities, take your vehicle home!
2.Reimbursement Car Insurance Claim
The reimbursement car insurance claim includes the below steps:
- Inform Oriental General Insurance Co. Ltd. after the accidents by dialing the Toll-free number.
- An inspection survey will be arranged by the insurer.
- Tow your vehicle to any nearby garage.
- Get your vehicle repaired and pay all the cost and collect the payment invoice.
- Apply for reimbursement by submitting the original payment invoice along with other necessary documents.
- After completion of all the processes, the amount will be reimbursed by the insurer within 7 days.
Documents Required for Oriental Car Insurance Claim
Documents related to the policy are mandatory while claiming the insurance. In both cases of cashless and reimbursement claim documents are required to initiate the claim process. Here is the list of the important documents required while claiming the insurance.
- Claim form signed by the policyholder
- A copy of driving license (by whom the car was driven at the time of the accident)
- RC of the damaged vehicle
- Insurance policy paper
- Copy of First information report (If the accident caused death or big injury)
- Repair invoice
- Any valid Identification proof
Oriental Car Insurance Claim FAQs
Ans: The cashless claim could be availed through a network workshop. Although the customer can get the car repaired at any workshop, pay the repair cost and then apply for reimbursement.
Ans: There are few things that must be taken into consideration like the driver must have a valid driving license and not drive under the influence of any sort of alcohol and drugs. Do not delay in reporting the accident to the insurer and make sure your policy has not lapsed. Under the above-mentioned condition, the claim may get rejected.
Ans: Yes, NCB is applied for next year’s premium.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More