SBI General Car Insurance Policy Document
The policy document not only serves as a valid legal contract between you and the insurer but also functions as a lighthouse when it comes to seeking any sort of guidance and understanding with respect to your car insurance policy. With this single document, you get to view all the information discussed with the insurer.
The document also contains crucial pre-decided details included in your car insurance policy such as premium amount, expiry date, exclusions and inclusions as well as all the terms and conditions so make sure that you keep a copy in hand, irrespective of whether it is in the form of a hard copy or a soft copy.
You might be interested in
Overview: SBI Car Insurance Policy
iAAA rated by ICRA
125+ branches PAN India
16,000+ cashless garages
Claim Settlement Ratio
89.51% settled in FY20
Offline and Online
What Does the SBI Car Insurance Policy Document Include?
As an official purchase receipt of SBI car insurance, every policyholder receives the policy document from SBI General Insurance Company.
In order to prevent the rise of any unwanted discrepancies in the future, you should carefully go through each word listed in the policy document so that you can make the best use of your car insurance plan. Following are the contents included in the various sections of your SBI General Car Insurance Policy document:
- Pre-discussed terms and conditions of the car insurance policy
- Type of policy bought – third party or comprehensive
- Additional details of add-on covers, if any
- Personal details of the policyholder including: Name, age, contact details and address
- Insured Declared Value of the 4-wheeler
- Registered location of the 4-wheeler
- Any exclusions or inclusions
- Unique Policy number
- No Claim Bonus (NCB) details
- Process for complaints and grievance redressal
Car Policy Download Insurers
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy Download
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Policy Download
Chola MS Car Insurance Policy Download
Digit Car Insurance Policy Download
Edelweiss Car Insurance Policy Download
Future Generali Car Insurance Policy Download
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Policy Download
Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Policy Download
Liberty Car Insurance Policy Download
National Car Insurance Policy Download
New India Assurance Car Insurance Policy Download
Oriental Car Insurance Policy Download
Raheja QBE Car Insurance Policy Download
Reliance Car Insurance Policy Download
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Policy Download
Shriram Car Insurance Policy Download
TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy Download
United India Car Insurance Policy Download
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Policy Download
SBI Car Insurance Policy Download
If you have purchased a car insurance policy from SBI General Insurance Company, you would have already received a soft copy over mail as well as a hard copy at the registered physical address.
However, in case you have misplaced the document, you can simply follow these steps to download your car insurance policy document again:
- Visit the official website of SBI General Insurance Company and hover over to the company portal
- If you are using your mobile phone, you can download the SBI General Insurance app and follow the requested steps
- If you have your policy number, enter it in the required field along with your date of birth and enter the verification code
- In case you don’t have a policy number, click on ‘I do not have policy number’, enter your account number, date of birth, fill in the verification code and you will be redirected to a new page to fill in the required information for generation of your policy number
- Once done, click on next and you will be taken to your policy dashboard
- You can view the insurance policy document here, download it and save it a soft copy to your device
Is it Possible to Make Changes to Your Car Insurance Policy Document?
Yes, it is possible to make changes to your car insurance policy document, only in the following cases:
- Changes with regards to correction required in the name, registration number, chassis number, engine number, or even the model number of your vehicle
- Correction required in your address
- The registration number of your vehicle has been changed and needs to be updated
- Addition of spare parts that influence the overall performance and security of the car such as a CNG/LPG kit or an anti-theft security system
- Change in the hypothecation against your car’s RC
Is a Hard Copy of the Car Insurance Policy Document Required?
As per the previous Indian Motor Act, all vehicle owners were required to hold a valid physical copy of their insurance document while driving on Indian roads. However, keeping one handy every time you take out your vehicle on the road is not required anymore now.
With the introduction of Digilocker and e-VAHAN Bima, vehicle owners are no more required to carry physical car insurance documents and can drive paperless. This is an initiative of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India(IRDAI) to make driving hassle-free and convenient for the citizens of India.
Having said that, in case you still need a hard copy of your car insurance policy document, you can download it following the aforementioned steps.
How to Make Changes to Your Policy Document?
Now that you have understood how critical your car insurance policy document and all its terms and conditions are, it is important to verify that all information is correct corresponding to your personal details and pre-discussed terms with the SBI General Insurance Company.
In case, there are corrections to be made in the policy document you can reach out to the customer care team of SBI General Insurance Company on the following toll free number: 1800-102-1111.
Yes, a printout of the soft copy will suffice to serve as the original and legal insurance policy document
There is no limit on downloading the SBI car insurance policy documents. You can download them anytime from the insurer’s website.
Calculating the premium for your SBI car insurance can be conveniently download online using the car insurance premium calculator available at Policybazaar.com
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.