The Government of India has made it mandatory for the owner of a car or a motor vehicle, to have a car insurance policy for his/her motor vehicle Under the Motors Act 1988.
You might be interested in
SBI Car Insurance shares a legal contract with the policyholder according to which the policyholder has to pay a premium according to his/her chosen car insurance policy every year and on the other hand, the SBI car insurance agrees to protect the policyholder from heavy financial losses at times of accident or theft.
The SBI Car Insurance offers some beneficial coverage for the following:
- It pays for theaccidental damage caused to the vehicle.
- It offers third-party liability in cases that involve damage to the vehicle or life of a third party.
- It provides personal accident covers to the owner/driver.
- It offers access to more than 16,000 cashless motor garages services located all over India.
SBI Car Insurance offers affordable and easily available car insurance policies. After purchasing, you need to SBI Car Insurance Policy Download. Let’s learn the process.
Steps to SBI Car Insurance Policy Download
SBI car insurance provides a smooth downloading process online. All that you need to do is:
- Click on the SBI Car Insurance official website.
- Now select the option to buy motor insurance. Click on the option to buy car insurance.
- Enter some details like your name, mobile number, address, email ID. Then an OTP will be sent to you for verification.
- Enter your car details like registration number, model, registration city and date, and parking pin code. Click on proceed.
- You can now choose a suitable car insurance policy. Click on add-on covers, as per need.
- Click on the payment option. Proceed by choosing the mode of transaction. You can pay either by debit or credit card, e-wallets, or net banking.
After payment, the SBI Car Insurance will send your car insurance policy document via email. You can download and print it.
Do I need a hard copy of the SBI Car Insurance Policy document?
Following the Indian Motor Tariff, a car owner has to carry his/her car insurance policy alongside while driving on the road in India. However, the IRDAI has launched the e-Vahan Bima app which allows a QR code scanning of the car insurance of a car owner.
This allows a car insurance policyholder to keep his/her car insurance policy digitally. So, there is no need for you to carry a hard copy of your SBI Car Insurance policy document.
How to get a hard copy of the SBI Car Insurance Policy?
Once you become a policyholder of the SBI Car Insurance, the insurer sends a hard copy of your chosen car policy document to your registered address. If you still want another hard copy of your SBI Car Insurance Policy document, you can log in to the official website of SBI Car Insurance and download and print your car insurance policy.
How can I make changes to my SBI Car Insurance Policy document?
Sometimes information can be incorrectly mentioned in the SBI Car Insurance Policy which needed to be corrected immediately. To make changes, you can visit the nearest branch of SBI Car Insurance or contact them on their toll-free number 1800-102-1111.
Ans: You can either transfer the insurance policy or can cancel it.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More