The devoted and professional claims staff at SBI car insurance provides you with a free, open, and clear claim procedure and the ability to follow the conditions in real-time.
You might be interested in
The organization makes every effort to pay an appropriate legal insurance premium within a reasonable time frame. It also offers a large chain of over 2500 cashless garages to provide convenient service. In addition, SBI General has an iAAA rating with a solid claims settlement ratio.
Documents Required for Claim Settlement
In principle, the essential documents must be submitted:
- Completed Claim Form
- Original Car Insurance Policy
- RC Copy of the driver's license operating the car at the time of the loss
- Additional documents such as a police FIR report, endorsement, and others must be supplied
SBI Car Insurance Claim Process
- Contact SBI General right away and inform them about the accident. The claim will be initiated once the company is intimated of the incident. One can call customer care at 1800 22 1111 to contact SBI General. You can even text "CLAIM" to 561612 to contact SBI General. Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org is an email address where you may send your information. One may also visit their official website to file a claim online by filling out some basic information there.
- In a period of 24 hours after submitting the claim, the insured will get a call from the claim supervisor. He will offer a claim number or the reference number as acceptance of the claim request.
- In the event of severe bodily injuries or car theft, an FIR must be filed at the police station in his area. Also, if the insurer requests it, one needs to describe the accident and provide the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- If the car is damaged, one needs to arrange for towing/driving the damaged automobile to a cashless garage for repairs. For cashless claim settlement, SBI General maintains a network of over 2500 garages. One must also submit the necessary papers to the claims professional manager and have them validated against the original versions.
- SBI General would approve the claim amount when all documents and processes have been completed. The firm pays the garage directly for the repairs, while you are just responsible for your portion of the obligations.
How To File the SBI Car Insurance Claim?
- Contact SBI General right away and intimate the accident. The claim request will be started as a result of this.
- Within 24 hours of submitting the claim, the claims supervisor will call you and offer a claim number or reference number. This also signifies that the insurer has approved your claim request.
- In the event of serious bodily harm or car theft, an FIR must be filed at the police station in the local area.
- One can take the car to a nearby cashless garage to get it repaired. In addition, one must provide all appropriate documentation to the claim manager.
SBI Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: One has to notify the contractor right away in case of an accident. One can phone the insurer's number at 1800 22 1111. They can also send an SMS to 561612 with the word "CLAIM." You may also file a claim online by providing basic information at their official website.
Ans: If you have to sell your car, you may either transfer your insurance coverage to the current buyer or cancel it. Both may be done by filing an official application and filling out a form at the local branch.
Ans: No, registering an FIR with the police station is only required if the collision causes significant personal injury, car theft, or third-party damage to property.
Q-4: If my SBI car insurance policy has run out of coverage, and I've missed the deadline. Is it possible to renew the plan?
Ans: Yes, even if you missed the deadline, you may still renew your SBI General vehicle insurance coverage.
Disclaimer: Policybazaar does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurer or insurance product offered by an insurer.
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply.
“Tax benefit is subject to changes in tax laws. Standard T&C apply.”
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More