Benefits of Buying Tata AIG Third Party Car Insurance
Here are some of the benefits of buying third party car insurance by Tata AIG Car Insurance:
- Legal Mandate - In India, third party insurance cover is mandatory under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The Tata AIG third party car insurance policy helps a car owner to fulfil this legal mandate and avoid any penalty.
- Third Party Accidental Liabilities - It covers the policyholder against any third party liabilities arising out of property damages or bodily injuries caused to third parties by the insured car in an accident.
- Affordable Premiums - It is available for a lower premium amount as compared to the premium charged by the Tata AIG comprehensive car insurance policy.
- Peace of Mind - It ensures that the car owner can drive his/her vehicle without worrying about managing the legal liabilities in case of an accident involving a third party.
Inclusions of Tata AIG Third Party Car Insurance
The Tata AIG third party car insurance policy provides the following coverage:
- Physical Injuries - It covers the car owner against accidental legal liabilities arising out of physical injuries caused to a third party with the insured four wheeler.
- Vehicle Damages - It covers the policyholder against accidental legal liabilities resulting from third party vehicle damages caused by the insured car.
- Property Damages - It covers the car owner against accidental legal liabilities arising out of property damages caused to a third party by the insured vehicle.
Exclusions of Tata AIG Third Party Car Insurance
Take a look at the exclusions of Tata AIG third party car insurance policy:
- Own Damages of the Car - It does not cover the cost of repairing or replacing the insured car or its parts resulting from any loss or damages sustained by the vehicle in an accident.
- Injuries to the Owner-Driver - It does not compensate for the bodily injuries, disability or death of the owner-driver of the insured car resulting from an accident of the vehicle. It will be covered only if the policyholder has opted for a personal accident cover under the policy.
- Outside Geographical Border - It does not cover any third party legal liabilities incurred by the policyholder outside the geographical limits of the country.
- Depreciation - It does not reimburse the amount of depreciation deducted from the selling value of the insured car.
- Regular Wear & Tear of the Car - It does not pay for any damages or losses incurred by the car owner due to wear and tear of the insured car.
- Consequential Loss of the Car - It does not cover the insured car against any consequential loss.
- Add-On Covers - It does not offer any add-on covers to expand the coverage of the Tata AIG third party car insurance policy.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More