Above-mentioned prices are for a 7-year-old Maruti WAGON R AVANCE LXI (998 CC) registered in Gurgaon and 15 days before expiry of previous policy
TATA AIG Car Insurance Claim Process
The TATA AIG Car Insurance claim process is simple. Everyone can follow the basic steps given below:
- Claim Registration: This process is possible both online and by telephone. There is an online form, and customer representatives are available on the phone.
- Taking the Car to the Garage: In the next step of the process, the car will go to the garage. Note that there are two kinds of garages. First, there is the network garage, which the insurer has already approved. Therefore, one need not pay at all. The garage sends the charges to the insurer, and the latter settles directly. On the other hand, if the car goes to any other reputed garage, the final bills and receipts become critical. The concerned person must submit these documents to file the claim and receive a settlement in the form of reimbursement.
- Claim Settlements: The surveyor will examine the damage to the car and advise on the settlement amount. Further, claims will depend on previous claims. The terms, add-ons, and discounts in the policy are also important considerations.
- Return Car: Once the car has undergone repair, the insurer needs to return the car to the correct location. This happens after the claim has been settled to mutual satisfaction.
You might be interested in
Documents Required for Claim Settlement
During the TATA AIG Car Insurance Claim process, one will require some documents. A list of those is given below:
- Filled claim form signed by the person insured
- A copy of the registration certificate with self-attestation
- Copy of driving licence of the driver at the accident scene
- Copy of the policy, with the number, start date, and end date clearly visible
- Repair estimate from the garage
- Final repair bills and receipts from the garage; invoice in the case of cashless claims
How to File a Claim?
The claim filing requires the following details, in addition to the documents above:
- Policy number
- Policyholder name and contact details
- Details of the accident
- Location of the Accident
- Date and Time of the Accident
- First Information Report (FIR), in the case of third-party insurance
- Non-traceable Report (NTR), in the case of theft
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Claim
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Claim
Chola MS Car Insurance Claim
Digit Car Insurance Claim
Edelweiss Car Insurance Claim
Future Generali Car Insurance Claim
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Claim
Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Claim
Liberty Car Insurance Claim
National Car Insurance Claim
New India Assurance Car Insurance Claim
Oriental Car Insurance Claim
Raheja QBE Car Insurance Claim
Reliance Car Insurance Claim
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Claim
SBI Car Insurance Claim
Shriram Car Insurance Claim
United India Car Insurance Claim
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Claim
TATA AIG Car Insurance Claim FAQs
Ans: Renewal is possible by providing all the details to the insurer.
Ans: One can purchase car insurance online, which is the preferred way, or through an agent.
Ans: Yes, a car insurance premium calculator is available online on the provider's website.
Ans: Zero-depreciation insurance means that the insurer covers the cost of car depreciation instead of the policyholder.
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.