Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance also covers damages sustained by the insured car due to any mishap like accident, theft, and natural/artificial calamity, etc.
Benefits of Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
Although Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance covers third-party liabilities, the policyholder will not benefit in case of wilful negligence or damages caused during war or nuclear risk and similar scenarios.
Here are a few benefits of Digit Comprehensive car Insurance:
- Digit Car Insurance offers personal accident coverage up to Rs 15 lakh
- The customer support network of the company is very strong. The customer can reach and get a response from the support even on national holidays.
- Excellent claim settlement ratio of 96%. With such a high claim settlement ratio, Digit becomes one of the most reliable companies in the sector.
- The customer can get their vehicles repaired at any garage approved by the company. Digit General Insurance has a network of over 1000 garages to help in fast and cashless claim settlement.
- The company allows a self-inspection process which can be done by the customer himself using his smartphone. This makes the process of claim easier and hassle-free.
- If one opts for Digit associated workshops, one will also get doorstep pickup and drop, along with the 6-months repair warranty.
Claim Settlement Process of Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
In order to present the car insurance claim, one has to produce the following documents in front of the insurer.
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- RC (registration certificate) of the vehicle
- DL (Driver's license)
- Copy of FIR (if required)
- Car Insurance policy
- Original bills and receipts in case of reimbursement
Steps to follow:
- Intimation and acceptance of a claim
After the accident, the customer must not lose much time and intimate the company about the claim ASAP. They can contact customer support at toll-free number 1800 258 5956. After the acceptance of your claim proposal, a self-inspection link will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Self-inspection is a very easy process. Once you receive the link, all you have to do is follow the instructions and shoot the required images of the damages sustained by the vehicle with the help of your smartphone.
- Assessment and documentation
The Digit team will assess the damage through the images sent by you during self-inspection and estimate the expenses and hence your claim amount.
- Repair and claim settlement
The policyholder can get the repairs done at more than 1000 garages pan India associated with Digit. Here he will have to pay only the deductibles, and the rest of the expenses will be taken care of by the company. In case of reimbursement, the customer can get the vehicle repaired at any workshop and later submit the original bills to the insurer. The company will reimburse the entitled claim amount.
Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy FAQs
Ans: No, Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance policy covers only the third-party liabilities in the face of any mishap. But the customer can buy a Digit passenger cover add-on to insure any unnamed passenger.
Ans: Factors that may affect the premium amount are deductibles, add-ons, tenure of the policy, age of the car, car model, and Insured Declared Value.
Ans: No, according to Indian Motor Tariff, 2002, a third party insurance cover is mandatory. This makes a comprehensive cover nonmandatory. This cover is recommended to ensure one against any damages to one’s car and the third party liabilities.
Ans: Yes, one has to pay additional charges to avail the facility of add-ons on the regular insurance cover.
Disclaimer: Policybazaar does not endorse, rate, or recommend any particular insurer or insurance product offered by an insurer.
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply.
“Tax benefit is subject to changes in tax laws. Standard T&C apply.”
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More