The best part is their entire process is completely digital-enabled allowing you to seek claims and process your reimbursements in no time. Here we will have a look at the claim settlement process and the filing process down below. Read along.
You might be interested in
Documents Required for Digit Car Insurance Claim
Here is the list of documents that you’ll need while seeking a claim for your car insurance. Let’s check these out:
- Car insurance claim form filled and duly signed
- Copy of your valid original driving license
- Copy of your Registration certificate of the Car (RC)
- Copy of Digit Car Insurance Policy
- An attested letter addressed to the RTO
- Any other documents as mandated by the insurance company
Claim Process for Digit Car Insurance
Digit car insurance offers claims in two types as cashless claims and reimbursement claims. These claims can be sought in cases of accidents, third-party liabilities, and thefts. Here’s a brief on the types of claim and claim process:
- Cashless Claims: Digit offers cashless claims whenever you tend to be in an accident or any other such case. This is where you don’t have to bear any financial burden as the company itself pays all the dues to the service center directly.
- Reimbursement Claims: Digit also has reimbursement claims where you can pay the bills and repair expenses from your pocket at first and then seek reimbursement later on by filing the claim form.
How to File for Digit Car Insurance Claim?
Here’s a step by step guide for different types of claims:
How To File For A Car Insurance Claim?
Step 1: Call on the toll-free number of Digit Car Insurance, i.e. 1800-258-5956. You don’t have to file any form for this.
Step 2: Then the customer care service will provide you a link for self-inspection on your registered mobile number.
Step 3: Take pictures of the damage incurred in our vehicle from your smartphone based on the steps mentioned in the link and by customer care.
Step 4: The company will assess your damages and will provide you an estimate of the damages that they will cover.
Step 5: After that, you can take your vehicle to the repair center and get your car repaired. The company will cover all your expenses.
How To File For A Third Party Claim Process?
Step 1: For this first, the third party should go to the local police station and file an FIR.
Step 2: Then share your car insurance policy with the third party who will then raise a claim for third-party liability.
Step 3: Then the company will assess the claim and will settle your dues with the third party under the Motor Accident Claims Tribunal (MACT).
How to file for a theft claim?
Step 1: First visit the police station and then lodge the FIR for the theft.
Step 2: Then intimate Digit company about the theft and then you can take forward the claim settlement.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Claim
Chola MS Car Insurance Claim
Edelweiss Car Insurance Claim
Future Generali Car Insurance Claim
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Claim
Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Claim
Liberty Car Insurance Claim
National Car Insurance Claim
New India Assurance Car Insurance Claim
Oriental Car Insurance Claim
Raheja QBE Car Insurance Claim
Reliance Car Insurance Claim
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Claim
SBI Car Insurance Claim
Shriram Car Insurance Claim
TATA AIG Car Insurance Claim
United India Car Insurance Claim
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Claim
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ans: Yes, Digit allows you to do self-inspection and send the pictures to the company for the final assessment.
Ans: Over 90.4% of car insurance claims are done within 30 days.