Above-mentioned prices are for a 7-year-old Maruti WAGON R AVANCE LXI (998 CC) registered in Gurgaon and 15 days before expiry of previous policy
Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy provides complete coverage for your car against unforeseen mishaps such as accidents or damage by natural/man-made disasters on the road and protects you from unplanned financial and legal liabilities.
What is the Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy is the most extensive protection you can avail for your car, as it takes you a step ahead and provides enhanced coverage apart from protection against just third-party liabilities.
In the occurrence of a mishap on the road, a third-party car insurance policy would fail to provide your vehicle financial coverage against any damages sustained. In such cases, Reliance comprehensive car insurance policy also covers the policyholder’s vehicle.
Moreover, with add-on covers such as zero-depreciation insurance, 24x7 roadside assistance, engine protection cover, tyre protection cover, etc., Reliance General Insurance Company provides 360-degree insurance assistance so that you can drive peacefully.
You might be interested in
What is covered under Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
Following incidents are covered under Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy:
- Own-damage sustained in the case of a man-made disaster: Policyholder's vehicle would be covered in case the damage to the vehicle is caused due to civil unrest, riots, or strikes
- Own-damage sustained in the case of a natural disaster: These include damages caused due to unforeseen events such as earthquakes, storms, cyclones, floods, etc.
- Own-damage/loss in the case of theft: Policyholders would also be covered against total or partial loss of their vehicle due to theft
- Third-party liability coverage: Any damage caused to the property of a third party or any bodily injuries sustained in a car accident would be covered under your Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy.
Benefits of Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
You would be entitled to the following benefits with the Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy:
- Hassle-free repairs through a network of 5000+ partner garages PAN India offering cashless services for quick claim settlement
- Own damage coverage up to Rs 15 lakh
- Credible and satisfactory customer service with a 98% claim settlement ratio
- 24x7 emergency assistance
- 139+ branches across the country for convenient grievance redressal
- Financial protection and peace of mind
- Video assistance with Reliance policy experts through the Reliance Self-I App
What is Not Covered under Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
Following factors are not covered by Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy:
1. Commercial usage: Cars used for commercial activities are not eligible for coverage under this car insurance policy.
2. Wear and tear: Any sort of regular wear and tear causing damage to the car would not be applicable for compensation under this policy. Depreciation of parts would also be charged as a compulsory deductible at the time of claim settlement if car parts are replaced. The same amount can be avoided by opting for a zero depreciation add-on cover by paying a nominal premium amount.
3. Car used for Illegal activities: If there are any type of illegal activities the insured vehicle is engaged in; Reliance General Insurance Company will not be providing any compensation. Such illegal activities also include underage driving.
4. Driving in an intoxicated state: Any damage caused to the car due to the driver being under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs would fail to call from any compensation from the insurer.
5. Not holding a valid license: Driving without a license falls under the category of illegal driving, hence would not attract any compensation from the insurer in the event of a car accident/unforeseen mishap.
6. Damage caused outside the predefined location: Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy carries a predetermined geographical location. The policy allows compensation only for damages occurring in the ambit of the predefined location as mentioned in the policy document.
Claim Settlement Process of Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
Filing a claim under your Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy is convenient and easy. Follow these steps for hassle-free claim settlement:
Step 1: The first step involves registering a claim with Reliance Car Insurance Company instantly after the mishap. You can either call on the toll-free number or mail the company through the registered email ID and share details about the accident.
Step 2: Register an FIR with the nearest police station. It is also advised to take photos, videos and gather contact details of the eye-witnesses of the accident.
Step 3: Once the claim is filed and the required documents submitted, an expert will be assigned by Reliance General Insurance Company for verification of the claim and estimation of the expenses to be incurred
Step 4: After the verification is complete, the car will be assigned to the nearest network garage, only if a cashless facility has been availed. Here the bills will be directly settled by Reliance General Insurance Company
Please note that if you have opted for a reimbursement claim, you would have to pay for the repairs out of your pocket and then submit the bills to Reliance General Insurance Company for the reimbursement of the claim amount.
Bajaj Allianz Comprehensive Car Insurance
Bharti AXA Comprehensive Car Insurance
Chola MS Comprehensive Car Insurance
Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance
Edelweiss Comprehensive Car Insurance
Future Generali Comprehensive Car Insurance
IFFCO Tokio Comprehensive Car Insurance
Kotak Mahindra Comprehensive Car Insurance
Liberty Comprehensive Car Insurance
National Comprehensive Car Insurance
New India Assurance Comprehensive Car Insurance
Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
Raheja QBE Comprehensive Car Insurance
Royal Sundaram Comprehensive Car Insurance
SBI Comprehensive Car Insurance
Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance
TATA AIG Comprehensive Car Insurance
United India Comprehensive Car Insurance
Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance
Q1. Is it necessary to purchase a comprehensive car insurance policy from Reliance General Insurance Company?
Buying comprehensive car insurance is not mandatory by law. However, it is also advised to opt for one as it provides greater coverage for your vehicle as well as a third-party, and helps you drive with peace of mind.
The amount of premium required to be paid for the policy varies on a lot of factors. It is not standard across all companies. You can use a car insurance calculator to find out the estimated premium amount for your policy.
Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy stays valid for 1 year. You would be required to renew the policy after that. You can check with the insurer for multi-year car insurance plans as well.
No, you will not be eligible for a no-claim bonus in this case as the bonus is rewarded by the insurer only in the case of a claim-free year
Q5. Will I be required to still pay any amount after buying the Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
Yes, you would still be required to pay some amount. The amount includes the cost of consumables and the cost of depreciation levied on the replaced car parts.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
Bharti AXA Car Insurance
Chola MS Car Insurance
Digit Car Insurance
Edelweiss Car Insurance
Future Generali Car Insurance
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance
Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance
Liberty Car Insurance
National Car Insurance
New India Assurance Car Insurance
Oriental Car Insurance
Raheja QBE Car Insurance
Reliance General Car Insurance
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
SBI Car Insurance
Shriram Car Insurance
Tata AIG Car Insurance
United India Car Insurance
Universal Sompo Car Insurance
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.