International Travel Insurance
International Travel Insurance: PolicyBazaar offers a wide range of international travel insurance from top insurers. Compare and choose the best overseas travel insurance plan with best benefits at affordable premium.
- Compare International Travel Plans
- Affordable Premium on International Travel Insurance
- Free Quotes from Top Insurers
Travelling can be fun but at the same time it can become challenging as well. We generally pack our stuff with great zeal and curiosity but if we are not well prepared ahead of the travel, it can be a headache as well. So, before leaving for your eventual travel, little planning certainly helps you making your trip smoother. International travel insurance ensures you safe trip by providing lots of benefit. Overseas Travel insurance offers coverage for medical expenditure, trip cancellation or delay and more, so that any unforeseen situation does not ruin your fun.
Benefits of International Travel Insurance
Travel insurance may be the last thing on your mind when you’re creating travel plans but there are many advantages of buying travel insurance, particularly if you are travelling long haul. Let’s have a close look at benefits which you can enjoy with overseas travel insurance.
- Emergency medical treatment and assistance: Overseas travel insurance provides cover in case of any medical assistance required while travelling. Foreign travel insurance covers pre and post hospitalization expenses along with repatriation expenses.
- Trip cancellation and trip interruption coverage: International travel insurance provides benefit in case of whole or partial trip cancellation by providing cost of your trip. It also provides coverage if your trip terminates due to any personal or professional reason.
- Loss of Baggage: In case of loss or delay of baggage, insurance providers compensate insured by providing full amount of the lost baggage.
- Legal liability coverage: International travel insurance provides coverage of legal liability arising from damage to a third party. It covers legal costs in case of involvement in legal suit.
- Loss of important travel documents: Overseas travel insurance helps in case of loss of important travel documents like passport, tickets etc. It provides fees to reapply your documents.
- Hospital cash: It pays daily allowance to the person in case of hospitalization, either due to sickness or an accident.
- Repatriation of remains: It covers expenses incurred in moving the insured person to his/her country of residence.
- Hijack distress allowance: Compensation is payable in the event of hijack of the common carrier in which the insured person is travelling. Insurer will pay allowance for each day of the hijack up to the total limits specified in the policy.
- Personal accident: If you get hurt or die during trip, insurer will pay amount to compensate you or your loved ones.
- Emergency financial assistance: Monetary assistance is provided if the insured loses all or substantial part of his travel funds due to theft, robbery or pilferage.
Want to know More? Read All benefits of International Travel Insurance Here
Inclusions in International / Overseas Travel Insurance
- Illness cover - If there is an event of unexpected illness, accidental injuries or death, then your international insurance will keep you protected overseas. It can be for any purpose, be it an international vacation, business trip, educational trip or a family trip
- Loss of baggage, belongings and baggage cover - Full coverage in case you happen to lose or misplace your baggage after checking in
- Trip cancellation and disruption cover -The major benefit that you get is, that you have all the expenses covered, which are incurred due to a delay in trip from the airline’s end, if it is exceeding 12 hours
- Medical, accidental and financial emergency benefits - Loss or damage due to some natural calamities, medical expenses cover and also any financial problems arising from overseas employment. Personal inquiries or travel related accidental cover during the trip. If you succumb to any sort of permanent disabilities from an accident during the travel or on flight, it will be covered. Financial coverage for unanticipated requirement of cash, due to theft or robbery
- Flight delays/cancellation - If your connecting flight is delayed for more than 3 hours and you happen to miss it, then you would get a reimbursement
- Passport loss cover - Loss of passport or important travel documents. Reimbursement of cost incurred from obtaining a fresh or duplicate passport is also covered
- Third party cover - Compensation for a third party in case your involuntarily actions result in someone’s demise, cause someone injury or damage to health or property
- Legal cover - Coverage from any legal liabilities during your travel are taken care off by your insurer
- Repatriation cover - Medical expenses incurred due to emergent evacuation to India for immediate treatment. If the policy holder happens to be hospitalized for more than a week, and the family member who came to visit you overseas, had to rush back to home country, then you would get the expense covered for the return ticket of the same family member
- Death cover - In case of a sudden demise, the expenses for cremation and transporting mortal remains are covered under it
- Dental cover - Dental treatment due to an injury is reimbursed
- Theft cover - Any loss or damage occurring from house burglary in your absence
- Hijack risk cover - Hijack distress allowance in case it is for more than 12 hours
Exclusions in International / Overseas Travel Insurance
Have a quick rundown of the things which will not be included in your overseas insurance policy:
- If your passport loss complaint goes unregistered with police authorities, then the damages or loss incurred won’t be covered.
- You won’t be given medical cover, if, the pre-existing diseases were not disclosed/ declared before the commencement of the policy. Especially for those, who are above the age of 70 years
- Expenses or any loss incurring from mental incapability, under depression or influence of alcohol or drugs, or any suicidal attempt. Also venereal diseases and patients of HIV/AIDS are not given a cover
- If your purpose for travelling for medical treatment abroad
- Also, if you are travelling without the recommendation of your healthcare provider
- If you are diagnosed with any life-threatening diseases before the travel
- Casualties or damages due to war or nuclear threats in the concerned country
Note: It is not the complete list of exclusions. For an exhaustive list, refer policy wordings.
Overseas Travel Insurance Coverage
Usually, overseas travel insurance is taken at the time of booking of a trip. It covers individual risks such as medical protection, financial coverage or any other loss. Travel insurance offers below coverages:
- Student Travel cover: It provides cover to student who has gone to other country for studies.
- Business Travel cover: It covers business traveller who has gone to attend any conference or onsite work.
- Holidays/Leisure travel: People travelling to other country on a leisure trip are covered under travel insurance.
How to File a Claim for International Travel Insurance?
Claiming travel insurance is easy and non-complicated. One should inform their overseas travel insurance provider at the time of medical assistance while travelling. Every insurance provider has its own medical team which will make sure that your injury or illness is a non-pre-existent. Claims not intimated to providers can be rejected. Insurance providers also ask to submit claim forms with your personal and journey details.
International Travel Insurance Eligibility Criteria
Before the issuance of the policy, the policy applier has to meet certain criteria’s as mentioned below:
- Anyone who is 3 months - 60 years of age can be covered under the individual travel insurance policy
- The age limit for a family member under the family policy is also similar as above, that is minimum 3 months and maximum 60 years
- The policy gives a cover to a maximum of 4 dependent individuals ( who can be the insured person himself/herself, spouse, two children up to 21 years of age)
- There are two types of family insurance plans for overseas travel - one provides cover to all the family members under the comprehensive sum insured, and in the other one the sum insured is divided amongst each member
- Students between the age group of 16-40 years can buy the overseas insurance policy. It is required for them to be enrolled at the concerned university, from where they are pursuing higher education. Indian students, who are already studying at a university overseas, also qualify for the same
- Senior citizens up to the age of 85 years can be covered without pre-medical screening under senior citizen travel insurance plan
- For Schengen travel insurance, people up to the age of 70 years and infants above 3months are eligible, only for business or vacation purposes
Compare & Buy Best International Travel Insurance Policies in India
|Overseas Travel Insurance Companies
||Entry Age (Min-Max)
||What’s Not Covered?
|Reliance International Travel Insurance Plan
||Anyone who is 6 months- 70 years old
- Passport and baggage loss, flight delays/cancellation, hijack cover, etc.
- $2 lakhs personal liability cover or up to 50% of the assured sum limit
- $25,000 accidental cover or up to 10% of the assured sum limit
- Claim for loss/damage cover for injuries due to professional sports activities like swimming, mountaineering, racing etc.
- Damage or loss incurring from criminal activities
- Damage or loss from nuclear or civil war
- Damage while travelling in a unlicensed aircraft
- Military, Air force, and Navy personnel cannot be covered under the policy
|TATA AIG Travel Guard Insurance Plan
||People upto 70 years of age
- Hospitalization Indemnity
- Trip Delay/Baggage Delay/Checked Baggage Loss/ passport loss
- Sudden death of the traveler or even dismemberment
- Hijack cover
- Medical/dental care expenses
- Traveling against your healthcare providers’ advice
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- Travelling overseas for medical treatment
- Suicidal attempt, HIV, AIDS, mental disabilities etc.
- Damage or loss under conditions of nuclear attack, war, and also while performing dangerous sports activities
|Royal Sundaram Overseas Travel Insurance
||People upto 75 years of age
- Overseas hospitalization cover, passport/visa/baggage loss, trip/flight delay or cancellation
- Accidental death and dismemberment
- Emergency cash requirement overseas
- Repatriation expenses
- Emergency dental care expenses
- Pregnancy related complications
- Treatment cost of pre-existing illnesses
- Non-allopathic treatment
- Suicidal attempt due to psychiatric disorders, accident due to intoxication
|Apollo Munich Overseas Travel Insurance
||Anyone who is 6 months to 70 years old
||Only if you are 70 years or above, otherwise it’s not necessary
- Overseas medical expenses/ emergency treatment
- Dental treatment under emergency situations
- Hospitalization/medical expenses
- Personal accident cover
- Trip cancellation or flight delays, passport loss or loss of checked baggage
- Inconvenience caused due to hijack
- Suicidal attempt under the influence of alcohol, drugs or depression
- Complications related to pregnancy conditions
- Non-allopathic treatments
|Religare explore International Travel Insurance
||Anyone who is 3 months to 60 years old
- Medical/dental emergencies
- Personal accident cover/ fatal damages/ sudden demise of the traveller
- Common carrier accidental death
- Repatriation costs
- Flight cancellation/ loss of passport/ travel documents/ checked baggage
- Pregnancy complications/pre-existing illnesses
- personal cosmetic surgeries apart from accident
- Any loss/damage not reported within 24 hours of the event
- Unchecked baggage
- Accidents incurred due to life-threatening activities like hiking, skiing, mountaineering etc.
|Chola Overseas Travel Protection Policy
||Individual cover from 6 months to 71 years of age. For senior citizens the age limit is upto 80 years
- Flight delay/ trip cancellation/ loss of checked baggage
- Cost incurred in acquiring duplicate passport if lost
- Personal accident cover/ sudden demise or permanent dismemberment
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- Damage or loss incurred under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other intoxicants
- Self-destruction due to psychiatric disorders
- Medical emergency/ complications due to pregnancy/ abortion etc.
|IFFCO Tokio Overseas Travel Insurance Policy
||Mandatory if you are 70 years or above. Else, it is not required
- Overseas hospitalization/ medical expenses as well emergency dental treatment
- Emergency cash requirement overseas
- Loss of passport/visa/checked baggage
- Personal accident/liability cover
- Trip/flight cancelation/ delay
- Pre-existing illnesses
- Army, Navy or Air force personnel cannot file a claim
- Damages incurred due to war, attacks, terrorist activities etc.
- Health hazards due to radioactive, ionizing acts etc.
How can you buy International Travel Insurance?
You need to fill all the credentials of the insurance application as mentioned in your passport. Though the main information required would be your full name, date of birth, email address, mobile number, date of travelling, ticket details, and your passport number. You would also need to mention the assignee or the beneficiary, in unfortunate incidences of death or dismemberment during travel.
You can follow these easy steps to purchase your international travel insurance policy online -
- Simply visit the website of policy bazaar, go to their homepage and click on the travel icon
- You will get a dropdown to fill the required details, basis which insurance plan you have selected – Individual plan or family plan, student travel insurance or group insurance plan
- Follow the instructions and choose the required plan as per your requirements
- Then submit your personal information, name, email address, date of birth and contact number
Process to Renew International Travel Insurance Policy Online
Every insurance company offers its customers broad range of payment methods, which they can choose as per their convenience and requirement. You can easily renew your international travel insurance policy online via internet banking or by using debit or credit cards as well.
Have a look at these 2 methods which you can sue to renew your international insurance policy online.
- Instant renewal - It is quick and convenient option, you simply need to put in your policy details and authorize the payment with your bank account via internet banking, debit or credit card.
- Easy Sign-up - You simply need to login to your customer account with your insurance company. Login with your user name, enter password to access your policy updates and information. Once you are done, you need to authorize payment with the selected payment method.
What makes PolicyBazaar a Preferred Insurance Comparison Portal?
Enter basic details about your trip and get custom comparison of prices and available insurance options. Helping business and leisure travelers alike in solving travel related glitches, PolicyBazaar’s global reach and proven operational abilities allow travelers to get complete peace of mind. We will help you compare and select the best international travel insurance plan with optimum premiums so that you get right protection while travelling.
5 Reasons why you should rely on our services-
- Instant premium from a wide range of available insurance companies
- Compare travel insurance plans of different companies
- Our comparison results are unbiased
- Get all information about travel insurance at free of cost
- Buy travel policy instantly
Fly safe and Enjoy your Vacation with International/Overseas Travel Insurance