Brown University Student Health Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1851 -
Updated date : 18 December 2019
Picking the right university matters a lot if your study destination is a foreign country. When countries like USA that offers ample numbers of top colleges and university to consider, it appears confusing at the same time. After all, your future depends on your choice and you can’t afford picking a university that doesn’t worth it. In this regard, Brown University in Providence, USA can be a good option to try!
Brown University for International Students
Founded in the year 1764, Brown University is one of the nine Colonial Colleges founded before the American Revolution. The university is famous as a member of the prominent Ivy League. Since its inception, the university by maintaining its stellar status attracts tens of thousands of students across the borders. It quit famous among the foreign students for offering world-class education with ample research opportunities to one’s area of interest.
Brown University Entry Essentials
- Visa Requirement: Students who are travelling to USA for pursuing higher students from Brown University must carry an F-1 or J-1 visa to enter the state. The J-1 visa is offered usually for an exchange programme, however, the students can choose between the two. One may have to produce the proof of funding at least for the initial year. However, the visa related requirements are available on the official website. Someone travelling with dependents must carry F-2 or J-2 visa.
- Valid Passport: A valid passport is an essential requirement to enter USA. One must travel with a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months.
- Visa Waiver Programme: the university allows visitors to enter with VWV for 90 days without a valid visa. If the traveller receives pay and requires to stay more than for 9 days at Brown University, must ensure that travelling with VWP is appropriate.
- ESTA Authorisation: An ESTA approval is essential to travel under the VWP category. This urges the traveller to produce necessary information before boarding the flight.
- Student Travel Insurance: In order to provide complete access to comprehensive healthcare in USA, Brown University automatically enrols its full-time students in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). An annual premium is charged for availing this cover which comes around $3,846. However, the health insurance offered by Brown University may appear expensive for the students, especially those are travelling from India. Moreover, it will cost less if the aspirant owns insurance in his/her home town which cover expenses in USA as well. But a health cover availed in India will not cover the insured abroad. Here comes Student Travel Insurance into the picture. A student travel insurance policy apart from covering the insured for travel related risks such as loss of baggage, flight cancel/delay, loss of important documents etc. also offers medical coverage while abroad. Hence, it may prove as an inexpensive deal for the students travelling to the USA. Moreover, the premium of student travel insurance is comparatively is a lower side due to the currency difference. For instance, if we consider TATA AIG Student Guard Travel Insurance, the annual premium will come around $633.06.
Brown University Admission Procedure
Every year thousands of applications are received from different parts of the globe by the University for various courses. Even 15% of the total student body is foreign students who learn and stay together. The admissions are offered through a common admission process under First-year and Transfer applicant process. The applications are to be submitted online through Common Application.
- Common Application Online
- Application fee of $75 or fee waiver option
- Official copy of high school transcript
- School Report
- Midyear School Report
- Recommendation of counsellor
- Recommendation from two teachers
- SAT/ACT score
- Personal Video Portfolio or Alumni Interview
Things to Explore Near Brown University
By maintaining its stealer reputation the university attracts tens of thousands of students every year. Whether you’re a visitor, taking a tour, attending a session or shadowing a current student, the campus really offers too much to explore which can be covered in even in a short visit. Given that, here're some the interesting on and off campus sights you should consider visiting once.
- Thayer Street
- Wickenden Street
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Louis Family Restaurant
- Meeting Street Cafe
Eating Options Near Brown University
The neighbouring areas of the university serve a dozen of restaurants that serve delicious food. The city is famous for offering quality food options. Form the Italian foods to late night eateries, this plan got many options to offer, that can be confusing to decide from where to explore-especially those who are locals. You can save Pour time spend on Googling and consider these options:
- Kartarbar and Andreas- Pizza, Mexican, Greek, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and middle-eastern food
- Blue Room Cafe- Coffee and bakery
- SoulFull Food Truck
- Rocket Fine Street Food
- Kabob and Curry
- Rasoi Restaurant
Top Shopping Options Near Brown University
If we talk about shopping spaces, there are plenty of options to explore for the students of Brown University. The Providence city is a blend of culture and sophistication, diverse neighbourhood, famous restaurants and many things to make your stay a remarkable one. Some options to keep your thrust into rest are:
- Garden City Shopping Centre
- Providence Place Mall
- Providence Picture Frame
- The Arcade Providence
- Lola Fashion Boutique
Hotels or Accommodation for Students Near Brown University
When it comes to accommodating its students, the university offers both on-campus of off-campus accommodations. The students enrolled in first-year are required to live in a room with multiple mates. The selection of roommates is based on individual questionnaires. The transfer students are accommodated based on availability in multiple-person rooms. The rooms are however not air-conditioned. Limited numbers of accessible spaces are there in residence halls, so preference is given to those who need it. Students with a disability can apply for housing accommodation. One can consider the hotels available in the neighbouring locality:
- Omni Providence Hotel
- Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown
- Courtyard by Marriott Providence Downtown
- Global Luxury Suites at Downtown Providence
- Graduate Providence
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Providence Downtown
Brown University Transportation System for Students
The university campus is easily accessible by Brown University Shuttle and public transportation, which are available for the students, faculty and staff. Brown University Shuttle can be ride by producing university ID. The shuttle drivers are professionally trained drivers under First Transit
As maintain a personal vehicle can be expensive, most of the students prefer commuting by public transportation. However, there is an option to rent a car for a shorter time. Also, taxi cabs are available.
Law & Etiquettes to Follow in Brown University
The university urges every student to comply with the prevailing local laws and university regulations regarding alcohol or using other drugs. It strictly prohibits someone to serve or sell alcohol to someone who is under 21 years old. Those who engage in illicit drug activities are in violation of university law and subjected to punishment.
The legal age is 21 years. No one under the age of 21 years is allowed to smoke or purchase tobacco products. However, the university campus is entirely smoke and alcohol-free.
If you’re planning to study abroad for one of the reputed institutes and yet to select a university, then you can consider Brown University. Go through the aforementioned information once and start preparing!
- Most Read
- A Quick Guide to Submit Student Travel Insurance Claim
Date: 26 December 2019
- 10 Common Exclusions under a Student Travel Insurance Plan
Date: 28 November 2019
- Things to Know Before Buying Student Travel Insurance
Date: 13 November 2019
- Reasons Why Comparison of Student Travel Insurance Is Important
Date: 05 November 2019
- A Quick Guide to Student Travel Insurance
Date: 21 June 2019
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 31119
- Why To Buy Overseas Student Travel Insurance?
Views : 9936
- Things You Should Know While Planning Your Studies Abroad
Views : 8931
- Best Features covered under Student Travel Insurance!
Views : 8755
- Myths Busted about Student Travel Insurances
Views : 8195