University of Pennsylvania Student Health Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1025 -
Updated date : 13 December 2018
University of Pennsylvania-Overview
University of Pennsylvania is one of the most sought-after institutes in the USA. Founded by Benjamin Franklin in the year 1740, the university welcomes thousands of students every year. Starting from world-class education to other curricular activities, the university has everything on offer to hone your skills.
University of Pennsylvania for Foreign University
The university campus continues to impress many as an ideal urban university with a proper campus. The exclusive four years at Penn nourishes the students to face the complex society for tomorrow. Students coming from different region and culture make the campus life so happening and they embrace the international learning opportunities with zeal.
Entry Essentials for University of Pennsylvania
The minimum entry requirement is as follows:
- Visa Requirement: To enter Philadelphia for pursuing studies from the University of Pennsylvania, the student must own a valid J-1
- Valid Passport: A passport with the validity of minimum six months is essential to enter the city for studies.
- Visa Waiver Programme: Under the VWP scheme, one can stay one of the 38 participating countries up to 90 days without a visa.
- ESTA Authorisation - To enter Philadelphia, under VWP, the traveller will require an ESTA approval with the specific information furnished before boarding on the flight.
- Student Health Insurance – The University of Pennsylvania urges its all full-time students with a J-1 visa to enrol with Comprehensive Health Insurance as a prime condition. But, one may waive the option in case already have owned a health coverage. Nevertheless, this plan may prove to be expensive for foreign students due to the rising value of the dollar as compared to other currencies. In this regard, you may consider buying travel insurance that offers comprehensive health benefit even while you are travelling.
Admission Requirements for University of Pennsylvania
The university welcomes applications from different parts of the world. The university accepts applications as Common Application or Coalition Application. The common admission requirements include:
- Application fee of $75 or fee waiver for those who qualify
- High school Transcript
- School Report
- Counsellor Recommendation
- Academic Teacher Evaluations (2)
- Early Decision Agreement (only if applying for Early Decision)
- Mid-Year Report
- Final Report required in June for matriculating students
- SAT/ACT scores
For more admission related information, one can refer to the official website of the university.
Top Attractions for Students Near University of Pennsylvania
Being one of the most important historical cities in the USA, Philadelphia has many things to attract the tourist from worldwide. The Historic National Park is home to historic buildings and sights like Liberty Bell, Franklin Court, and Independence Hall. There are many eighteenth-century buildings restored nicely. The Franklin Institute of Science Museum and the Academy of Natural Sciences, Penn Museum, The Yo, Philly Rocky Film Tour, Secrets of The Schuylkill Riverboat Tour, Philadelphia Museum of Art are some other attractions located within the close vicinity.
Shopping Attractions for Students Near University of Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania campus is surrounded by many shopping points, where students get to explore different things. These hangout points are very famous amongst the students; especially the foreign students are quite fond of these. Starting from grocery to food items, you will find something for you.
- Hello World
- Piper Boutique
- Urban Outfitters
- Shoppers at Penn
- Norma Jean’s Closet
- Shops At Liberty Place
- Clark Park Flea Market
Accommodation for Students Near University of Pennsylvania
The university offers handful of options to reside in the nearby locations. With multitude of housing options in and off campus, one may feel Penn as second home. Some of the accommodation options are:
- Penn Home Ownership Services
- Off-campus Housing
- Student Housing
- Short-term Housing
- The Inn at Penn
- The Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- Penn Residence Hall
Eating Options Near University of Pennsylvania
Without trying out the local food in the city, the actual feel of an abroad stay couldn’t be felt. The city is known as city of cheesesteaks and Steven Starr. The culinary of Philadelphia is something that you have to explore a bit to really appreciate. Some of the good restaurants that offer delicious food are:
- Dock Street
- Greek Lady
- Don Memo's
- Magic Carpet
- The Metropolitan Bakery
- Green Line Cafe
- Avril 50
University of Pennsylvania Transport for Students
There are many convenient options on offer to get around the campus of University of Pennsylvania. Public transports like subways, buses, regional train, national train, trolley lines are some of the easy options. Moreover, university offers students passes to be used in Philadelphia and New Jersey transits. Penn Transit Services are available free of cost for PennCard holders. There are Penn shuttles and buses as well to opt for. SEPTA operated shuttles are there which connects the campus with 30th Street Station. Apart from these, one can go for Zip Car, Enterprise CarShare, Car Pool and Van Pool option. The campus is easily accessible by walk or bicycle from a close distance.
Local Law and Etiquette to Follow in University of Pennsylvania
Drinking Age - The minimum drinking age in Pennsylvania is 21. Those who are under 21 is not allowed to consume or buy alcoholic beverages around the campus.
Smoking age - As per a new bill passed, the minimum smoking age at Pennsylvania (Philadelphia) is asked to raised from 18 years to 21 years.
If the University of Pennsylvania is in your study abroad bucket list, you may find this information handy to start your preparation.
- Most Read
- A Quick Guide to Submit Student Travel Insurance Claim
Date: 26 December 2019
- 10 Common Exclusions under a Student Travel Insurance Plan
Date: 28 November 2019
- Things to Know Before Buying Student Travel Insurance
Date: 13 November 2019
- Reasons Why Comparison of Student Travel Insurance Is Important
Date: 05 November 2019
- A Quick Guide to Student Travel Insurance
Date: 21 June 2019
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 23781
- Why To Buy Overseas Student Travel Insurance?
Views : 8351
- Things You Should Know While Planning Your Studies Abroad
Views : 7337
- Best Features covered under Student Travel Insurance!
Views : 7294
- Myths Busted about Student Travel Insurances
Views : 6788
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator