University of Washington Student Health Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 899 -
Updated date : 18 December 2019
University of Washington - Overview
If we talk about worlds prominent universities, the list certainly includes the University of Washington, USA. Founded years back in 1861, it can be considered as one of the oldest institutes in the city. Since its inception, UW has produced several Nobel laureates- four in its alumni and seven from the faculty. Maintain its stellar attitude even today, the university welcomes hordes of students from across the borders every year.
University of Washington for Foreign Students
The University of Washington boasts a campus that spreads across 643 acres. Serving more than 30,000 undergraduates, it is an epitome for learning, research, the arts and athletics. Potential students, entertainment seekers and sightseers have countless options when visiting the campus. Here students are nourished to lead their lives and to hone their potentials to the next level.
Entry Requirements University of Washington
- Visa Requirement: Foreign students who are travelling to Washington for pursuing higher studies from the University of Washington must carry student vis. Students with F-1 or J-1 visas are only allowed to enter the states.
- Passport Requirement: A passport with a minimum validity of six months is essential to enter the USA. Kindly, approach the agency or embassy in your home country to avail a US passport.
- Student Travel Insurance: All international students are required to be covered by health coverage offered under the UW International Student Health Insurance Plan (ISHIP). The students are automatically enrolled. However, if you’re planning to visit the university, you should consider buying short term medical coverage. But what if you get both medical and travel coverage under a single plan. Moreover, it will be more cost-effective if we compare the health insurance offered by UW with a Student Travel Insurance plan offered by Indian insurance providers. So, if you are travelling from India, consider buying student travel insurance which covers you for both medical emergencies and travel related contingencies under a single premium.
UW Student Health Insurance Vs Student Travel Insurance
NYU Student Health Insurance
Student Travel Insurance
$25 coinsurance is charged
up to 50% coinsurance
*The data is culled from UW Student Health Insurance and TATA AIG Student Guard brochure
Admission Requirements of University of Washington
In order to secure admission, the international aspirants must try through Graduate School's online application for admission. Once the application has been submitted, the following requirements need to be ensured:
- Submit an official TOEFL score, not more than 2 years old
- If admission is offered, the further formalities will be asked by the university authority including transcripts or other requirements
- Applicants requesting an F-1 or J-1 student visa should meet the minimum requirement of the University of Washington's financial
- Class 12th In case of post-graduate course, provide the proof of the latest higher degree or Bachelor’s Degree
- Freshman applicants must apply through Coalition Application
Student Attractions near University of Washington
University of Washington hosts some of the most prominent tourist attractions. Whether you are travelling for studies or spend some time amidst nature, this place offers endless possibilities to enjoy your stay. Coming to the most famous attractions, it is the annual bloom of the Yoshino cherry trees in the Quad. The timing to witness it is spring when the entire is becomes picture perfect with a blend of blooming reds and pinks.
Red Square is another famous attraction that highlights the high rising burst of Drumheller Fountain. It celebrates the centennial of the university.
The university’s reading room is another attraction which features 65-foot-high, 52-foot-wide and 250-foot-long reading spaces perfectly fitting for a quiet study.
Shopping Attractions Near University of Washington
Though university campus offers many things that keep the students engaged, you may feel come out of the campus and explore the local areas, Be it a usual grocery shopping or hunting of a fashionable pair of shoes, this place got everything to serve your different tastes. Here’re are some good shopping options:
- The Paint Laboratory
- Motion Boardshop
- University Village
- Lucky Dog On The Ave
- Melrose Market
- Woolly Mammoth
Must-Try Restaurants Near University of Washington
Whether you miss your home food or get the risk of the campus food, just step out and head to the neighbourhood. The nearby places of UW offer a range of quality options for food lovers. They serve delicious foods at a reasonable cost. Here you go:
- Aladdin's Gyro-cery and Deli
- Arepa Venezuelan Kitchen
- Araya's Place
- Ba Bar University Village
- Din Tai Fung
- Mamma Melina Ristorante & Pizzeria
- Molly Moon’s Ice Cream
- Sizzle & Crunch
- Xi'an Noodles
University of Washington Hotel/Accommodation for Students
If you are in University of Washington and want eco-friendly, spacious, esy0to-access rooms at an affordable cost then here’s is the list:
- College Inn
- Graduate Seattle
- Greenlake Guest House
- Marriott Courtyard Seattle Lake Union
- Marriott Residence Inn University District
- Silver Cloud Inn-University
- University Inn
- University Travelodge
- Watertown Hotel
University of Washington Transport Facility for Students
UW campus offers convenient transportation service for students to commute easily. Whether you commute by walk or take a ferry ride, transportation is there for everything. The students are provided with U-pass that offers free rides. There is vanpool or vanshare option too, which proves to be economical for the students with U-pass. The NightRide, Emergency Ride Home, Seattle Streetcar, free unlimited rides on King County Metro Transit, Kitsap Transit, Everett Transit, Sound Transit, a low rate for ZipCar etc. are some features of this U-pass. Moreover, those who drive can use campus parking space.
Law and Etiquettes to be Followed in University of Washington
The university campus is strictly an alcohol-free area where possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages are banned. As per the state law, it is illegal to sell alcohol without a valid ID or permit to anyone under the age of 21 years.
The University of Washington is a smoke-free campus, except the 28 designated smoking areas. However, these areas safely indicated with signage and installed with pots for disposal of cigarette butts. The legal age to buy the products made of tobacco in Washington is 21 years.
- Most Read
- A Quick Guide to Submit Student Travel Insurance Claim
Date: 26 December 2019
- 10 Common Exclusions under a Student Travel Insurance Plan
Date: 28 November 2019
- Things to Know Before Buying Student Travel Insurance
Date: 13 November 2019
- Reasons Why Comparison of Student Travel Insurance Is Important
Date: 05 November 2019
- A Quick Guide to Student Travel Insurance
Date: 21 June 2019
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 24901
- Why To Buy Overseas Student Travel Insurance?
Views : 8573
- Things You Should Know While Planning Your Studies Abroad
Views : 7559
- Best Features covered under Student Travel Insurance!
Views : 7521
- Myths Busted about Student Travel Insurances
Views : 7009
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator