USA: The Land of Opportunity!
The United States is one of the most beautiful and diverse countries in the world. It possesses countless attractive places, ranging from the huge skyscrapers of New York, the Hollywood sign in Los Angeles, the Northern Lights of Alaska to the Grand Canyons of Arizona. From coastlines to big cities, the USA has it all. Not to mention, the food there is simply mouth-watering and diverse.
It can be quite difficult to come to a decision on what all things to do, what all to eat and how to plan the trip. This article will cover up how to have fun in the United States along with some bonus travel tips. This article will also through some light on how important it is to consider travel insurance for USA. So, read along!
Fun Things to Do in USA
There are an endless number of entertaining things to do in the USA. There are numerous amusement parks, museums, shopping centers and the amazing nightlife experience which one can easily plan online.
Visit the Disneyland Park in California-
This amusement park in Anaheim, California will make a person nostalgic and relive their childhood. As soon as one enters this enchanted land, they can feel what it’s like to be a prince or a princess. This theme park is like a fairytale in real life. There is always something going on inside the park, such as, fireworks, parades, rides etc. One can go on huge rides, shop from The Disney Gallery, experience live shows, watch the parade and fireworks, and even meet their favorite Disney character!
Go Surfing in Hawaii-
Hawaii is the ideal place to go surfing. Hawaii’s warm beaches and variety of waves makes it the best surfing spot. Even beginners can give surfing a shot in Hawaii, where the waves are less high. The islands that will offer a good surfing experience are Oahu, Maui, Big Island and Kauai.
Climb to the top of the Empire State Building-
If one wants to see the aerial view of New York City, the Empire State Building is just the place for you. One can go to the 102nd floor observation deck and view the city that never sleeps from a height. It is worth seeing the view from the top. Also, the night view is much more spectacular.
Visit Times Square in New York City-
Times Square is one of the most popular tourist attractions in New York. Famous for its billboards and nightlife, one can enjoy several things here. One can go shopping, participate in live events and just observe the crowd. The bonus tip is Times Square is open 24/7, which means one can even revel in the night life of the city, which is again very impressive.
Enjoy Water Sports in Miami-
Miami is famous for its warm beaches and climate. One can enjoy Miami life by playing all kinds of water sports. One can go jet-skiing in Miami on the tropical waters and even explore the scenery. Scuba diving is also available for the fans of under-water life.
Visit the Madame Tussauds in Las Vegas-
Madame Tussauds is well known for its high-quality wax sculptures of famous personalities from all over the world. One can pose for pictures, admire their favorite celebrities and even step into a 4D experience.
Walk the Hollywood Walk of Fame in California-
The famous Hollywood Walk of Fame features more than 2500 brass and terrazzo stars, which are embedded on the sidewalks along fifteen blocks of Hollywood Boulevard and three blocks of Vine Street in California. The Walk of Fame honors the achievements of people in the Hollywood industry, such as actors, producers, directors and more.
Drive from Miami to Key West-
The drive from Miami to Key West is certainly not to be missed. The Overseas highway stretches over 42 bridges and one will be surrounded by the ocean through most part of the ride. One can even spot several beaches on the way and experience the beautiful sunset during their ride.
Stroll the French Quarter in New Orleans-
New Orleans is famous for its jazz music, Mardi Gras celebration, and the practice of Voodoo. Take a stroll through the unique streets of French Quarter and experience the remarkable neighborhood, view the Mississippi river that stretches around the city and attend the jazz fest.
What’s Stored for Foodies
America has one of the most diverse food cuisines in the world. Many destinations famous for their dishes attract thousands of foodies from over the world to sample the dishes themselves. Read further to see some of the best activities for foodies in the USA compiled in this article.
- Attend the Chicago Food Festival - Chicago hosts many food festivals which are attended by thousands of people. Foodies attending the festival will find a variety of food with world-class taste.
- Attend the New Orleans Wine & Food Experience - The New Orleans Wine & Food Experience is yet another treat for the foodies. The four-day long festival offers world-class wine & food.
- Participate in the National Buffalo Wing Festival in Buffalo, New York- The National Buffalo Wing Festival celebrates the delicious food in Buffalo. The festival even hosts a contest for the foodies to see who can gobble how many buffalo wings.
- Attend the National Fried Chicken Fest in New Orleans- This food fest offers foodies to taste many samples of fried chicken, as the name suggests. This event has many activities including cooking classes and demonstrations, music, family activities and even a fried chicken finger eating contest for the attendees.
- Attend The Barbeque Festival in North Carolina- The Barbeque Festival offers foodies with some of the best BBQ. This festival offers BBQ along with games, contests and music. Best Attractions in the USA
The US is home to numerous striking attractions. These spots attract tourists from all over the world who come to witness the picturesque beauty. Some of the famous attractions are listed below:
- Statue of Liberty, New York- The Statue of Liberty is located on Liberty Island, off the coast of New York City. The 305 feet tall statue is a symbol of freedom and attracts millions of tourists from around the world. One can visit the statue and even tour Ellis Island in a day. For those who wish to visit the statue, options include ground tickets, pedestal tickets or crown tickets, which offer different levels of access to the statue.
- Yosemite National Park, California- Yosemite National Park is famous for its granite cliffs of El Capitan and Half Dome, tunnel view, waterfalls and ancient giant sequoias. One can visit the Glacier Point, which provides a beautiful vista of Yosemite Valley and the High Sierra Crest, go river rafting, view the vista from Tunnel View and much more.
- Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco- The Golden Gate Bridge, located in San Francisco, connects the city of San Francisco to Marin County, California. The bridge is known to be the most photographed bridge in the world. After reaching the Golden Gate Bridge, one can do several things like, cruise the San Francisco Bay, explore the Golden Gate recreational area and can also ride over the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming- The Yellowstone National Park is a favorite to millions of visitors each year. The Park is home to an ancient volcano, which resulted in a beautiful natural phenomenon. There are numerous things one can do while visiting the National Park. One can spot many wild animals, watch the geysers erupt, spot many colorful hot springs, go camping, rafting and fishing.
- Kennedy Space Center, Florida- For all the space lovers out there, a visit to the Kennedy Space Center is worth it. If an individual is interested in knowing the wonders of space, this trip will be very exhilarating. One can even meet an astronaut and ask questions! Also, one can view the space shuttle Atlantis, visit the US astronaut’s hall of fame and rocket garden, take a bus tour of the space center and can even experience what it feels like during a shuttle launch.
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial, South Dakota- This famous landmark depicts the heads of Four American Presidents, carved on granite, namely- George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln. One can walk the Presidential trail, stroll the Avenue of Flags, view the huge monument from Grand View Terrace, experience the Sculpture Lighting Ceremony in the evening and join a guided tour.
- Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah- The Bryce Canyon National Park is famous for the collection of hoodoos, which are the irregular rock formations. The National Park offers a wide variety of picturesque views. The many places in the National Park include – Bryce Point, Sunrise Point, Inspiration Point, Fairyland Canyon, Sunset Point and much more.
- Niagara Falls, New York- Niagara Falls is one of the most marvelous natural wonders of the Earth. The majestic falls can be viewed from both the United States and Canada. Along with the terrific views, the falls also offer a variety of other things to do. One can go ziplining, tour on a helicopter and visit Old Fort Niagara.
Planning the USA Itinerary
- One’s itinerary depends on how much time they plan to stay, what their budget is and where they want to visit in the US.
- One can travel by road, air or trains interstate in the United States. Those who are flying to this country should plan online for US visa policy.
- An ideal time to travel can be 14 days.
An itinerary one can refer to based on our list of attractions given above-
- New York City: Day 1-3
- California: Day 4-7
- Florida: Day 8-10
- San Francisco: Day 11-12
- Los Angeles: Day 13-14
USA Travel Insurance
USA, the melting pot of culture welcomes a hordes of travelers across the globe. Hence, it is important for you to know every single aspect while planning a trip. Along with the other requirements, one must consider buying international travel insurance. It can prove quite beneficial for one to have travel insurance in case an emergency arises. Suppose, a tourist’s baggage is missing, or they have to cancel their trip, or they were injured during their travel and so on, travel insurance can come quite handy during these situations. The insurance policy reimburses the person for incurred medical expenses, the non-medical expenses and other travel risks.
- The main types of travel insurance include trip cancellation, medical expense coverage, baggage coverage and accidental death coverage.
- Several companies that sell travel packages, sometimes also offer travel insurance in the USA.
- Compare and select an insurance policy online that offers maximum benefits by covering travel risks.
- For students studying in the USA, it is best to buy a student travel insurance, to assist them in case of an emergency. Student travel insurance covers medical expenses, loss of personal baggage, and reimbursement of tuition fees (in some cases), cost of obtaining a new passport in case of loss of one, and so on.
USA Travel Tips
There are so many things to remember while travelling to such a huge and diverse country. One has to keep in mind the documentations for USA visa, currency change, accommodations, cultures of another country, language, and so on. It can become quite hectic and, in some cases, can lead to trouble. You can apply for USA visa on time and plan your travel itinerary.
Here are the things which you need to pay attention to and keep in mind while travelling to the United States.
- The USA is located on the continent of North America and consists of fifty states.
- There are about 150 international airports in the United States.
- Tourists visiting the United States need to have a passport and a visitor visa, unless they are qualified for entry under the Visa Waiver Program.
- One can stay in the US for 180 days with a tourist visa.
- The tourist visa requires you to state reasonable evidence that you will be returning to your country after your visit.
- The currency used in the United States is US Dollars (USD).
- Most places in the USA offer both kinds of payment- cash and card.
- Make sure one tips before leaving a restaurant. Tip between 15 and 20 percent in restaurants at least. Also, tip the staff at an individual’s hotel.
- The United States spans six time zones.
- Obey all the traffic signs and laws. Don’t go over the speed limit.
- Don’t smoke anywhere. There are heavy laws in some states regarding anti-smoking.
Visiting the USA is a dream for many. This place has no dearth of options to amaze the travelers. From the bustling hub of NY to rustic beauty of Miami beaches, this country offers it all. So, you’re lucky if you’re visiting USA soon!