Claim Process of United India Car Insurance
Claim for United India Car Insurance is an extremely easy process that one needs to follow step-by-step. All the requisite steps are given below:
- Contact Insurer: The first step involves contacting the insurer. There are multiple ways to do so. See some examples below:
- Telephone call on hotline
- Contact on policy provider email
- Physically visit the provider’s office
- Registration: Upon contact, the insurer will register the claim based on their satisfaction. After that, they will give a registration number for future correspondence.
- Repair: At this point in time, one needs to take the car to the garage where the repair will be done. A surveyor will come for inspection to whom all the above documents must be handed over.
- Settlement: The amount will be settled in a cashless manner to a network garage or reimbursed to the policyholder in other cases.
You might be interested in
How to File a Claim?
The process of filing the United India Car Insurance Claim is as follows:
- FIR: This is the first step anyone should follow as this document is important in later stages
- Contacting the Insurer: The next step must be to immediately get in touch with the policy provider.
- Survey: Wait at the accident spot till the surveyor The surveyor will complete a survey of the damages. They will do so and send the report to the insurer. Only then further process will follow.
- Arrange the Documents: Keep all the documents ready as mentioned above. Having them in time can save a lot of hassle.
Documents Required for United India Car Insurance Claim
For the United India Car Insurance Claim, one needs to have certain documents ready at hand. They are as follows:
- One needs a cashless Claim form or registration form. This needs signature from the policyholder.
- The registration certificate of the car is mandatory.
- Another mandatory item is the license of the driver.
- One must also hand over the car key during a cashless claim.
- The policy copy is required in the original.
- The original copy of the FIR is also mandatory.
An identity document also forms part of the documents. Documents such as PAN Card, AADHAAR Card, etc. can be submitted.
United India Car Insurance Claim FAQs
Ans: Comprehensive car insurance covers both third party liability and policyholder liability.
Ans: One can visit the insurer website or the insurance aggregator’s website to buy car insurance online. One needs to enter some necessary personal details, choose the desired car insurance and then make the premium payment to complete the insurance plan purchase.
Ans: This insurer has more than 3100 network garage locations. Network garages are those that accept cashless claims.
Ans: The accreditation rating is AAA/Stable by CRISIL, which is the highest possible rating.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More