As a car is one of the valuable possessions, one must safeguard it against any possible accident, damage, theft, or third-party liabilities. Comprehensive car insurance policy provides its customers all-time covers against third-party liabilities and vehicles. It implies that the policyholder will be free from any third-party damage that may arise after an accident and recover a decent amount for the vehicle’s repair.
You might be interested in
Benefits of United India Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
United India comprehensive car insurance policy provides a list of benefits as:
- Personal accident cover for the driver for a specific sum assured
- United India insurance company has nearly 400+ garages across the country to receive its cashless repair benefit.
- If one has the Automobile Association of India’s membership, they can get a 5% discount on the personal damage cover.
- One gets to choose from multiple add- ons like LPG/CNG bi-fuel kits, fibreglass fuel tanks, electronic or electrical appliances, and geographical area extension.
- In case of theft, a discount of 2.5% (max. Amount 200) will be offered to the customers who have the installation of an anti-theft device in their cars.
Claim Process of United India Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
- One needs to contact the office of United India car insurance In case of an accident outside of the city/ town, contact the nearby office of United India limited to arrange a survey.
- One can visit the company's official website for a list of offices across India. A list of offices with addresses and phone numbers is available on the company's site.
- If one’s car is caught in some major accident like fire/strike/attacks, keep the vehicle at the accident/loss spot only. The surveyor will be sent to that location, after which an inspection will happen.
- In case of third-party liabilities, inform the nearby police station of the incident’s location. All the details of injuries, damages, or death to the third party must be provided.
- After completing these formalities, one may tow the car to the nearby network garage and obtain an estimated bill from them. The bill must be submitted to the insurance company with a duly filled and signed claim form to arrange the final survey.
- Surveyor will verify all the damage with all details and only after they give the green signal, the repair starts.
- At the time of repair, one needs to submit the repair bills for labour and spare parts. One can seek reimbursement if the claim is valid.
Car Comprehensive Insurers
Bajaj Allianz Comprehensive Car Insurance
Bharti AXA Comprehensive Car Insurance
Chola MS Comprehensive Car Insurance
Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance
Edelweiss Comprehensive Car Insurance
Future Generali Comprehensive Car Insurance
IFFCO Tokio Comprehensive Car Insurance
Kotak Mahindra Comprehensive Car Insurance
Liberty Comprehensive Car Insurance
National Comprehensive Car Insurance
New India Assurance Comprehensive Car Insurance
Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
Raheja QBE Comprehensive Car Insurance
Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
Royal Sundaram Comprehensive Car Insurance
SBI Comprehensive Car Insurance
Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance
TATA AIG Comprehensive Car Insurance
Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance
United India Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy FAQs
Ans: One can make online payments using any mode: debit card/UPI/credit card / NetBanking.
Ans: Yes, one might be able to do it. The company often enables and disables those fields but based on certain conditions. So if the field is showing editable, one can make the changes on vehicle number/ chassis number.
But if it is disabled, you might want to visit the nearest office for the same.
Ans: No, online cancellation of policy is not possible. If one wants to cancel it, one will have to write an email to the insurance company on their official email id.
Ans: No, the expired policy is not renewed. The provision of a grace period is available only for health policy and that of only 30 days.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.