University of Cambridge Student Health Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1566 -
Updated date : 18 December 2019
University of Cambridge-Overview
If taking about the world’s best universities, the University of Cambridge always in the top ten list for genuine reasons. Undoubtedly, hordes of students from India and other foreign countries apply every year to be a part of this prestigious university.
University of Cambridge for Foreign Students
Being the educational hub for millions of students globally, Cambridge enables the students to excel their abilities. With high-tech internationally renowned departments for research, Cambridge has 31 autonomous colleges, six schools, one university press and one university assessment unit that manages three exam boards.
Entry Essentials for University of Cambridge
- Student Visa Information - In order to pursue studies from Cambridge, one must have a tier 4 visa. Moreover, short-term study visa is also available for allowing the students come to the UK for pursuing short-term courses.
- Passport Information - As a rule, travellers to the UK need to have a passport valid for travel for at least six months beyond their planned stay in the country.
- Visa Waiver Programme: Under this programme, a visitor travelling to the UK can stay in the country up to 90 days without a visa.
- ESTA Authorisation - To enter the educational hub of UK, Cambridge one must have an ESTA approval, that requires furnishing specific details of the traveller before he/she goes abroad.
- Student Health Insurance - It is one of the essentials to have students health insurance when in the UK. Most of the famous universities offer health insurance to its students to aid the financial support in case of a medical Cambridge health insurance covers all medical expenses incurred during your course of stay. However, student health insurance offered by the university may be expensive propositions for foreign students from India or other parts of the globe. Therefore, it is wise to own student travel insurance with comprehensive health coverage before you go on board.
Admission Requirements for University of Cambridge
Student from foreign countries like India, taking Class XII exams are eligible to apply for graduate courses in Cambridge. The admissions are given based on the grades. Finally, interviews will be held in India and Cambridge as well as other international locations. Sometimes, students are required to take a written assessment test as well.
For an English-speaking country three key requirements are:
- Academic certificates
- Proof of finance
- College Membership
For detail information, one can refer to the Cambridge university official website.
An applicant must apply via the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service before the deadline. An email will be sent upon the receiving of the UCAS application to complete the Supplementary Application Questionnaire (SAQ). Apart from the UCAS application, the foreign students can apply by submitting Cambridge Online Preliminary Application. The application should accompany an academic transcript, if required. Subject-specific written admission test will be required to taken and the decision of the university authority will be intimated accordingly.
Top Attractions for Students near University of Cambridge
When Cambridge is famed globally for its world-class university, it has many things to offer to quench the traveller in you. The campus is set in stunning grounds for breath-taking views within and outside the campus. Here is a list of the some of the most popular attractions that will surely woo you:
- Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences
- Fitzwilliam Museum
- Cambridge University Botanic Garden
- Cambridge University Colleges
- Chelsea Buns at Fitzbillies
- River Cam for tours and punting
- King's College Chapel
Shopping Attractions for Students near University of Cambridge
The campus offers some of the best shopping options in the close vicinity. Students prefer going to these places to enjoy the weekends, window-shopping and have quality time with friends. Some of the good options are:
- Grand Arcade
- The Grafton
- Lion Yard Shopping Centre
- Newmarket Road
- Mill Road
Eating Options near University of Cambridge
Restaurants within the vicinity of the university campus offer most delicious food to satiate the foodie in you. Whatever is the appetite there is always something to suit yours taste. Most importantly, the eating outlets within and near the campus offer quality food at reasonable prices for the students. Some of the good options are:
- Baracuda Fish Bar
- Strada – Cambridge
- Trinity Restaurant
- Bould Brothers Coffee
Accommodation for Students Near University of Cambridge
Cambridge guarantees college-owned accommodations with all facilities within it. The accommodation is available for third and fourth year students free of cost. So, one need not look for private accommodation when in Cambridge. These accommodations are in walking distance of the university departments and easily accessible via bicycles. However, private properties are available on rent basis in the city.
University of Cambridge Transport for Students
The campus is easily accessible by bicycles and boats. However, students are not allowed to possess a car in the city. Moreover, buses are another option to get around the campus. The university subsidies universal bus service, which is one of the preferred modes of commuting to the campus.
Law and Etiquette When at University of Cambridge
- Buying/drinking age - Foreign students below 18 years of age are not allowed to consume alcohol. However, by furnishing a valid ID proof, students above 18 years can buy alcohol.
- Smoking age - The official smoking age in the United Kingdom is 18 years.
If Cambridge University is in your study abroad bucket list, this information may help you get on the preparation with less hassle.
- Most Read
- A Quick Guide to Submit Student Travel Insurance Claim
Date: 26 December 2019
- 10 Common Exclusions under a Student Travel Insurance Plan
Date: 28 November 2019
- Things to Know Before Buying Student Travel Insurance
Date: 13 November 2019
- Reasons Why Comparison of Student Travel Insurance Is Important
Date: 05 November 2019
- A Quick Guide to Student Travel Insurance
Date: 21 June 2019
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 27036
- Why To Buy Overseas Student Travel Insurance?
Views : 9106
- Things You Should Know While Planning Your Studies Abroad
Views : 8007
- Best Features covered under Student Travel Insurance!
Views : 7935
- Myths Busted about Student Travel Insurances
Views : 7431
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator
- Annuity Calculator
- NPS Calculator