Shriram Car Insurance claim philosophy provides spot-on, moral, and fair settlement of claims. They assist their customer's needs and handle claim requests in a spot on and nuisance-free manner.
You might be interested in
To buy the car insurance, the following documents are required:
- Registration certificate
- Driving license
- Duly signed Claim form by the insurer
- Motor insurance policy
- Police FIR (optional)
- For commercial vehicle, a fitness certificate is required
Shriram Car Insurance Claim Process
Some of the information you should be aware of before filing a claim:
- Policy number
- Contact details
- Date and time of the accident
- Description of the accident
- Place where the accident occurred or the vehicle has to be looked for
- Driving license details
How To File For A Claim?
1)One can call the Shriram Car Insurance customer helpline number to file a claim. The number is toll-free: 1800-300-30000, from 4 AM to 12 PM, Monday to Sunday, or 1800-103-3009, between 9:30 AM and 5:30 PM from Monday to Sunday.
2)One can even register for a claim by going to the Company's official website. They need to enter some information like registration number, vehicle number, or chassis number for the same.
3) One can even download the claim intimation sheet from the website. Fill it and mail it to their given email address.
What Will Happen After You File A Claim?
The Company will arrange for a surveyor to be allotted to the insured. The surveyor will contact the customer to examine the damage caused to the vehicle and any property damage for loss evaluation due to the accident. The representative will then intimate the policyholder about the survey time. One should carefully hand over to him the documents mentioned above.
How To Register For the Claim?
One can quickly start- off your claim request by going to the official company website. One needs to enter a few details like their policy number, registration number, engine number, or chassis number.
How To Check For Claim Status?
You can check the claim status by going to the official company website. Enter a few details like your policy number, claim number, or registration number. By submitting these details, you will know the status of your claim.
Common Reasons For Claim Rejection
- If the accident happened because of the conscious negligence of the driver.
- If the accident happened because the driver was under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other such stuff.
- If the insurer gives a false claim with an exaggerated representation of damage.
- If your policy has expired.
- If the damaged vehicle is already repaired before the surveyor evaluates its damages.
Shriram Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: The claim process would approximately take 7 days to get settled.
Ans: The amount depends on the type of insurance cover opted for by the customer and the multiple add-ons with it.
Ans: Shriram Insurance Company has a claim ratio of 93.75%.
Ans: No claim bonus is an award provided to the insurers who claim nothing in their entire policy period. The No claim bonus can vary from 20% to 50%.
Disclaimer: Policybazaar does not endorse, rate, or recommend any particular insurer or insurance product offered by an insurer.
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply.
“Tax benefit is subject to changes in tax laws. Standard T&C apply.”
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More