Claim Process of New India Assurance Car Insurance
Claim for New India Assurance Car Insurance is very simple and one can easily follow the process with the following steps:
- Inform the Insurer: Upon contacting the insurer, the insurer will issue a claim form. The process of filing this claim is given in the next section.
- Form Submission: One must submit the form duly signed by the policyholder. The important documents that one needs to give along are:
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Vehicle fitness certificate, if needed
- Driving License
- Estimate of repairs
- Survey: The insurer sends a surveyor to the site. They will investigate and submit their report to the provider. In case of major accidents, this will happen at the spot.
- Final Settlement: One needs to submit the final bills for the purposes of settlement. The policyholder needs to sign them. After approval of a claim, one may also need to submit salvage parts.
How to File A New India Assurance Car Insurance Claim?
One can file the New India Assurance Car Insurance Claim as follows:
- On Phone: The hotline number is given on the website.
- Official electronic contact form: This is available on the contact section of the insurer website as well.
- Branches: One can walk into any branch to file the claim.
Documents Required for New India Assurance Car Insurance Claim
For the New India Assurance Car Insurance Claim, documents form an important part of the entire process. The list of documents is given below:
- One needs to fill the claim form prior to submission. This is available on the insurer website.
- The copy of the policy documents is mandatory. Payment receipts, especially proof showing no outstanding premiums, is advisable.
- The FIR report copy from the police station is a must in the case of theft.
- One also needs the copy of intimation that one sends to the insurer. This will have the case registration number on it.
- Vehicle registration certificate is mandatory too. Fitness certificate is also mandatory for commercial vehicles.
- The driver needs to provide their license copy.
- Verification of payment of road tax is a requirement too.
- The insurer requires original bills and receipts at the settlement stage.
- The policy provider may ask for additional documents at any time.
New India Assurance Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: The first step in such a case is to first inform the police and get an FIR filed. Only after that, inform the insurer.
Ans: One gets a special discount for every claim-free year. This is applicable on the premium.
Ans: One need not pay in the case of approved garages. However, for all others, they must pay against future reimbursement.
Ans: Yes, it is known as the Motor Liability Only Policy.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More