They have a very good approach to customer service and are prompt on the claims. They believe in the rights of the policyholders for the indemnification of all the repairs and damages that occurred due to accidents, theft, and any other incident. The claims are processed in no time with hassle-free processing. Here’s how to file the claim and the process for it:
Documents Required for Universal Sompo Car Insurance Claim
Here is the list of documents that you’ll need while seeking a claim for your car insurance. Let’s check these out:
- Valid original driving license
- Car’s Registration certificate (RC)
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Policy
- Claim Settlement form duly filled and signed
- Pollution control certificate
- Estimation of damages
- Bills and receipts of car repair (For reimbursement)
- FIR copy from the local police station (For thefts and third party claims)
- Any other documents as required by the insurance company
Claim Process for Universal Sompo Car Insurance
Universal Sompo car insurance offers both cashless claims and reimbursement claims to its users. The policyholders can seek the type of claim that they desire in a completely hassle-free process. Here’s what these two claims cover:
- Cashless Claims: Cashless claims cover your expenses for repairs and service in case of accidents and other mishaps. With cashless claims, all you need to do is intimate the company and they will directly deal with the garage and settle the dues.
- Reimbursement Claims: For reimbursement claims, the Company requires the individual to first pay off the expenses and charges for repairs and collect the bills. They then can apply for reimbursement and then seek the indemnification of all the payments done.
How to file for Universal Sompo Car Insurance Claim
Here’s a claim process guide on how to file for it:
How to file for a cashless claim:
Step 1: Contact the Universal Sompo Insurance Company via its toll-free number 1800-200-4030 or on their email id to intimate about the accident. Then the company will reach out and register your claim.
Step 2: Once your claim is registered you will then be contacted by customer care with the further process of inspection and more.
Step 3: The Company will provide for an inspection of the car damage and will validate your claim. You also need to provide the required documents to authenticate your validation.
Step 4: Once your claim is validated, you can then take the car to the nearest network garage and seek repairs. The company will also provide for a towing facility and will further pay off the repair expenses to the garage.
How to file for a reimbursement claim:
Step 1: Start by contacting the customer care service of Universal Sompo on their toll-free number 1800-200-4030 or via email. You can also download the reimbursement claim form and fill it and submit it.
Step 2: Customer care will register your claim and then provide you a claim registration number.
Step 3: Then the company will arrange for an inspection of the damages and will validate the damages and their authenticity.
Step 4: After that, you can take your car to the garage and repair it. You will need to pay the bills and expenses and then collect the same.
Step 5: Now submit the bills and receipts to the company and they will look into it.
Step 6: Then the company will assess and reimburse your bills after considering any deductibles.
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Claim FAQ:
Ans: Yes, Universal Sompo allows you to track your claim settlement status by simply heading over to their website and clicking on track claims.
Ans: The reimbursement claims are settled within 1 week from the date of claim intimation.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More