National Car Insurance Claim
When we look for good car insurance, a few points in our mind is the sum insured and claim procedure. Getting car insurance isn’t just done to meet the mandate of the laws but also to protect ourselves financially in the aftermath of any future unforeseeable incidents. This is why getting good car insurance with a proper claim settlement is important. Thankfully, National Car Insurance is just the right type for anyone looking at those criteria.
National Car Insurance has plenty of coverage under their car insurance policy that a person can select from as desired. And their claim settlement ratio is quite high with 78.52% in the last financial year. We here look at the National car insurance claim process and how to file for it. Read along.
National Car Insurance Claim Process
There are two types of claims you can seek under the car insurance policy of National Insurance Co. Ltd. They are cashless claims and reimbursement claims. Here’s a brief of these:
1. Cashless Claims:
When you opt for a cashless claim, it means you don’t have to pay for any repair bills or expenses. The cashless claim allows you to do all the servicing at the network garage of National Insurance and the bills will directly be settled by the company.
2. Reimbursement Claims:
Reimbursement claim refers to the case where you have to first pay the expenses and charges for the repair bills and then you can seek the reimbursement from the company later on.
Documents Required for National Car Insurance Claim
Here is the list of documents that you’ll need while seeking a claim for your car insurance. Let’s check these out:
- Copy of original driving licence
- Registration certificate of the Car (RC)
- Copy of Insurance Policy
- Claim Settlement form duly filled and signed
- Bills and receipts of repair (If applying for reimbursement)
- FIR copy from the police station (If required)
- Any other documents as mandated by the insurance company
How to File for National Car Insurance Claim?
Here’s a step by step guide for both types of claims:
The steps for availing cashless claim are mentioned below:
- Step 1:First contact the customer care team of the insurance company in the aftermath of the accident.
- Step 2: Then you will receive a claim registration number from the company. Thereafter the company will arrange for the inspection of the car. Make sure to submit all the documents regarding your car insurance and other required details.
- Step 3: The company will inspect the damages and approve the deductibles and everything.
- Step 4:Thereafter your car will be taken to the repair center where the insurance company will pay any arising liability for your car repairs directly to the service center.
To register a claim under reimbursement category then follow these steps:
- Step 1: Connect with the customer care service of National Insurance Co. Ltd. immediately after your accident. The customer care will provide you with a claim registration number.
- Step 2: The company will arrange for the survey of the car and will review your documentation.
- Step 3: Now fill the form and submit it to the agent or the inspector.
- Step 4: Then you can take your car for repair at any of the network garage under National Insurance.
- Step 5: Once your repair is done, pay the expenses and collect all the bills and receipts.
- Step 6: Submit the bill to the insurance company and seek reimbursement. They will then repay you the desired amount of bills and receipts.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ans: Yes, you are entitled to a No Claim Bonus of around 20% to 50% of your policy if you don’t make any claims in a year.
Ans: If your car is stolen, then you do need to file an FIR and showcase the same to the insurance company for claims.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More