Here’s how you can go with the Liberty Car Insurance claim and other procedures:
You might be interested in
Liberty Car Insurance Claim Process
Liberty car insurance has two types of claim settlement that you can seek for. They are cashless claims and reimbursement claims. The procedure for both of these is completely digitally enabled allowing you ease of use and processing. Here’s a brief on the claim process:
This type of claim allows you to transfer the liability directly to the insurance service provider who will deal on your behalf and clear your dues to the garage. You need to make sure to intimate the company for any such claims immediately after the accident.
During reimbursement claims, you will first need to settle the dues of your car repair and maintenance with the garage after which you can then claim the indemnification of the expenses incurred with the insurance company. You also need to intimate the company during such an occurrence.
Documents Required for Liberty Car Insurance Claim
Here is the list of documents that you’ll need while seeking a claim for your car insurance. Let’s check these out:
- Claim settlement form duly filled and signed
- Registration Certificate of the Car
- Copy of original driving license
- Fire brigade report (Only for cases of fire)
- Power of Attorney for cases of total loss
- No trace report for cases of theft
- Original receipts and Bills of repairs (For reimbursement)
- Liberty Car Insurance Policy Document
How to File for Liberty Car Insurance Claim?
Here’s how you can easily start a claim process:
When you get the services at a network garage, the settlement is directly down by the insurer under cashless category. Here are the steps:
- Step 1:Start by contacting the insurer on their toll-free number 1800-266-5844 or their email id. This will allow you to intimate the details of the accident and start the claim process.
- Step 2: The customer service representative will register your claim and provide you with an acknowledgment in form of the claim registration number.
- Step 3: Contact the company again and then coordinate for the further process. They will then surveyor on the accident scene who will inspect and mention the damages incurred to the company.
- Step 4:Once the inspection is done and validated from the company side, you can then take your vehicle to the nearest garage and start your repairs. The bills of repairs and maintenance will be cleared off by the company.
If the repair services are availed from a non-network garage, then the claim can be registered under reimbursement category.
- Step 1: The claim for the reimbursement is similar to the cashless claim albeit a bit different. First, call the customer care service on the toll-free number on 1800-266-5844. You can also reach out on the email id.
- Step 2: Intimate the customer care about the damage. You can also download the form from the online website and email the claim form. Customer care will register your claim and provide you a claim registration number.
- Step 3: The company will arrange a surveyor and inspect the vehicle and then validate the claims.
- Step 4: Once the validation is done, you can take your car to any nearby garage and repair it. Ask for the bills and receipts of the repair and keep them with yourself after paying.
- Step 5: Contact customer service and submit the bills of repair to the company.
- Step 6: Your claim will be accessed and the company will then reimburse your claims.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: You can simply go to the website and click on the list of garages. There you can filter and find the nearest garage to your location.
Ans: The surveyor will visit your location within 48 hours of the intimation.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More