Tata AIG Car Insurance Claim
While driving on the road car insurance proves to be a life saver especially when an emergency strikes. Whether there is a collision or third-party damage, you know that you have car insurance to help you out.
Mentioned below is the claim process followed by Tata AIG General Insurance Company. So, the next time you are taking your car on the road make sure that you have the following documents handy in your car-
- Valid Driving License
- Pollution Under Control Certificate
- Car Registration Certificate
- Car Insurance Certificate.
Motor Insurance Claim Procedure Followed by Tata AIG General Insurance Company
Once you register your claim with Tata AIG, their representative will reach out to you within 48 hours of intimation.
They will take you through the claim process-
- You will be informed about the claim procedures and the documents that are required
- Will suggest you the workshop where repair work should be carried out
- You don’t need to worry about the repair estimate, as they will give you an estimate themselves
- The repair work will be carried out in an authorized workshop and the extent of the cost will be provided to you
- If required, the cost of repair will be settled directly by the insurer. They will pay the amount directly to the workshop.
- 50% of depreciation is applicable on all the plastic and rubber parts of the car. 30% of depreciation is applicable to Fibre parts. Based on the age of the car and details of the policy, depreciation will be levied on the other parts of the car.
What should be done?
- Remember to keep a copy of the driver’s driving license, if he is not available post the accident.
- keep the wreck safe until the claim is settled ( in case of total damage or loss)
- Ask the repairer and the surveyor as to how your claim was calculated. How the cost of repair was adjusted and anything that you need to know.
- To report an accidental death, police report or post-mortem report is required
- Any legal notice or summons from Motor Accidents Claims Tribunal/ Third Party/court of law should be submitted
What should not be done?
- Refrain from giving your car to anyone for driving, if he/she does not have a valid driving license.
- Do not attempt to dismantle or repair the damaged car before it is inspected by the Company Representative or the Final surveyor.
- Do not guarantee anything without the consent of the insurer
- To report the accidental death of the driver or workmen, police report or post-mortem report should be forwarded to the insurance company
- All the damage should be taken seriously, even if it is damage on windshield glass. With add-on cover, this can also be repaired.
- For more details get in touch with their claims representative team
How to Make Car Insurance Claims in the event of an accident?
- Immediately arrange for medical help in case there are any bodily injuries
- Take a note if any other vehicle was involved in the accident
- If possible note down the witnesses name and their contact details
- Now call at their helpline number on 1-800-11-9966 to file a claim. You will find a claim intimation form attached to your policy. You can try to fill out the form so that you are able to answer them quickly. If in any doubt, their representative will take you through the process.
- FIR report needs to be submitted in the event of bodily injuries, theft and property damage.
Documents required for smooth processing of your claim:
- Download Claim Form. And keep it in your car with the insurance documents
- Car Registration Book
- Driving License of the owner/driver
- FIR report, to report claims for theft, property damage or bodily injuries.
- If required the insurer will ask you to submit additional documents. It will vary from one case to another.