About Fiat Group Automobiles India Private Limited
Fiat or (Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino) is an Italian automaker and is a part of Fiat Chrysler Group. The company was founded in the year 1899 by Giovanni Agnelli in Turin, Italy. The company’s main market is Europe with more than 9% of the market share. In 1918, it established a five-story manufacturing facility which created history from which Fiat emerged as the biggest manufacturer of cars on the continent. Some popular Fiat car models include Fiat Linea, Fiat Punto, Fiat Punto Evo, Fiat Avventura, etc.
Fiat Car Insurance Price
Below are some popular Fiat car models with their comprehensive car insurance premium:
|Fiat Car Models
|Ex-Showroom Price||Insured Declared Value (IDV)||Zero Depreciation Cover||Fiat Car Insurance Premium* (Comprehensive Car Insurance)|
|Avventura||Active 1.4||Rs. 2,36,520||Rs. 2,329||Rs. 4,057 onwards|
|Punto||Emotion||Rs. 3,36,499||Rs. 4,206||Rs.4,327 onwards|
|Linea||Active||Rs. 2,90,880||Rs. 2,865||Rs. 4,204 onwards|
|Urban Cross||Emotion||Rs. 3,52,800||Rs. 3,475||Rs. 4,372 onwards|
*Disclaimer: The Fiat car insurance price for various models depend on factors like NCB, coverage opted, IDV, etc.
Fiat Car Insurance: Inclusions
Damages that a Fiat car insurance financially covers are called policy inclusions. These are:
- Third party damages such as third party property damage, injury and death of the third person
- Any damage sustained by the insured Fiat car due to fire, self-ignition or explosion are also included
- Claims can also be made for total/partial loss of insured Fiat car due to theft or burglary
- Damages arising out of cyclones, earthquakes, floods, storms, or any other natural calamity
- Any damage caused due to strike, riot or other manmade acts is also covered under Fiat car insurance policy
- Damage caused to the insured Fiat car while it was in-transit via railways, roadways, waterways or airways
- Any accidental damage caused to the insured vehicle is also included under Fiat four-wheeler insurance policy
Fiat Car Insurance: Exclusions
There are some risks that a Fiat car insurance policy does not financially cover. These include:
- Damages sustained by the insured car when it was being driven without a driving license
- Any loss caused to the insured Fiat car when the driver was under the influence of alcohol is not covered
- Any damage arising out of the contractual liability of the owner is also not included in the policy coverage
- General wear and tear and depreciation of the insured car
- If the Fiat car sustains damages while being used for commercial purposes, then such damages will not be covered under private car insurance policy
- Any mechanical or electrical failure of the insured Fiat car
- Damages sustained by the insured car outside the specified geographical limits are also not covered.
Fiat Car Insurance: Add-ons
The coverage of a comprehensive car insurance policy can also be enhanced by purchasing additional covers. These add-ons are offered by insurance companies at an extra premium. These include:
- Personal Belongings Cover
- Nil Depreciation Cover
- Engine Breakdown Cover
- Tyre Cover
- Consumables Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- NCB Retention Cover
Explore add-ons for your car insurance
How to Buy Fiat Car Insurance Online?
Buying a Fiat car insurance policy online is a very simple process. All you need to do is visit Policybazaar.com and follow these steps:
- Head to the ‘Insurance Products’ dropdown, and select the ‘Car Insurance’ page
- Select the ‘Proceed without a car number’ or the “Brand New Car’ option
- From the table on next few pages select the RTO, model, variant, fuel type and registration year
- Fill in the required form with your name, email and contact number
- From the given car insurance quotes, choose the desired Fiat car insurance plan along with required add-ons
- Fill in the proposal form with other details and
- Proceed with ‘Payment and Summary’ option.
- Pay the premium amount via Net Banking, debit/credit card or UPI
- After successful payment, you will receive your Fiat car insurance policy papers at your email address.
How to Renew Fiat Car Insurance?
A Fiat car insurance renewal is an easy process when done online. Follow these steps to renew your Fiat vehicle insurance in just 5 minutes:
- Visit the official website of Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited
- Select the ‘Car Insurance’ page from the ‘Insurance Products’ menu.
- In the form, enter your Fiat car number and proceed
- Select details like car RTO, model, variant, etc
- Fill in the registration form
- Select the expiry date of your previous four-wheeler insurance policy
- Select whether you have previously made a claim or not
- Select the desired Fiat car insurance renewal plan alongwith additional covers
- Select your previous policy No Claim Bonus and
- Proceed with premium payment via online payment modes
- Once you have paid the premium, you will receive your car insurance renewal papers instantly in your mailbox.
How to Raise a Claim Under Fiat Car Insurance?
Follow these steps to file your Fiat car insurance claim without any hassle:
- Inform the insurance company about the accidental damages sustained by your car so that a claim can be registered
- A surveyor will be sent by the company to estimate the cost of damages to the insured car
- Submit all the necessary documents along with the claim form for claim verification
- After verification, your vehicle will be taken to the network garage for repairs
- Once the repairs are done, the insurance company will settle the claim directly with the network garage
- If the repairs have been done in a non-network garage, the claim amount will be reimbursed to you after the repairs.
Documents Required to Raise Fiat Car Insurance Claim
You will need certain important documents to successfully raise a Fiat car insurance claim. These are:
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Copy of Police FIR
- Copy of valid driving license
- Your Fiat car insurance papers
- Vehicle’s registration certificate
- Repair Bills and estimates of repairs
Fiat Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: You can only purchase a standalone own-damage policy as an additional cover along with third-party car insurance to also cover own damages sustained by the insured car.
Ans: To reduce your Fiat car insurance premium, you can follow these tips:
- Do not claim in the policy year
- Install an anti-theft device in your car
- Compare coverages offered by different insurance companies
- Become a member of the Automobiles Association of India
- Choose your add-ons wisely
Ans: No, you will not need any documents to renew your Fiat car insurance policy from Policybazaar.com. You will only need your car number and a few other details to renew your Fiat four-wheeler insurance policy.
Ans: Yes, you can compare plans of the best car insurance companies on the official website of Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited and choose the one that suits your requirements.
Ans: To calculate the premium of your Fiat car insurance policy, you can use Car Insurance Premium Calculator. This tool lets you calculate the estimated premium of your four-wheeler insurance policy online before purchasing one.
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Car insurance articles
20 Sep 2023Having third-party car insurance is mandatory as per the motor
13 Sep 2023When buying car insurance, it is essential to have a thorough
13 Sep 2023While popular add-ons like Engine Cover, Zero Dep, and Return to
07 Sep 2023As much as the heart is a vital organ for your body, the engine is
07 Sep 2023Its said that your safety is in your hands. As a driver, if you