About Datsun India
Datsun India is a popular multinational car maker brand owned by Nissan Motor Company. The company was originally founded in 1931 but was discontinued in 1986. To increase its sales and diverse markets, Nissan Motor Company launched Datsun back in India in 2013.
Datsun cars are for entry-level customers in India and are well known for their fuel efficiency and decent looks. The brand has slowly and gradually developed its popularity in the neo-middle-class segment. Moreover, affordable pricing is another reason for their success. Some popular Datsun models include the redi-Go, redi-Go Plus, and Datsun Go.
Datsun Car Models with Insurance Price
|Car Models (2022
|Ex-showroom Prices||Insured Declared Value* (IDV)||Zero Depreciation* (Add-on Cover)||Estimated Datsun Car Insurance Price* (Own Damage Car insurance policy)|
|redi-Go D||Rs. 3,84,000||Rs. 2,04,120||Rs. 843||Rs. 2,451 onwards|
|redi Go-A||Rs. 3,98,000||Rs. 1,78,290||Rs. 736||Rs. 2.074 onwards|
|redi-Go T||Rs. 4,26,000||Rs. 1,94,670||Rs. 804||Rs. 2,265 onwards|
*Disclaimer: The car insurance price for various car models of Datsun car may vary as per its variant, RTO, fuel type, coverage type, Insured Declared Value (IDV), year of registration, add-on covers, NCB percentage, etc. The quotes mentioned above are for cars registered under DL1 RTO in 2022.
Datsun Car Insurance Premium Calculator
A policyholder can use the car insurance premium calculator to calculate the estimated premium amount that they will have to pay at the time of policy purchase. Here is a list of details you need to enter to calculate your estimated premium amount:
- Car’s RTO
- Car’s make, model and fuel type
- Ex-showroom price of the MG car
- Details of the previous claim
- NCB discount
- Car’s registration year
Coverage Under Datsun Car Insurance
- Damages arising due to explosion, fire or self-ignition
- Physical damages caused to the insured car due to the collision
- Damages caused due to burglary or theft of the insured Datsun car
- Damages caused to the insured car due to man-made disasters like- strikes, riots, terrorism, vandalism, etc.
- Damages to the insured car due to natural calamities like hurricanes, earthquakes, cyclones, tides, etc.
- Any loss or damage caused to the third party, life or property
- Regular wear and tear, depreciation of the insured car
- Damages caused to the insured vehicle due to electrical or mechanical breakdown
- Damages caused to the insured Datsun when the driver was driving under the intoxication of alcohol or drugs.
- Damages caused to the insured private car when it was being used for commercial purposes
- Losses caused to the insured Datsun outside the geographical boundaries mentioned in policy documents
- Substantial loss to the insured car due to any nuclear peril or civil war
- Damages sustained by the insured Datsun while driving without a driving license.
Datsun Car Insurance: Add-ons
Datsun car insurance policy also offers add-on covers that can enhance the policy coverage. These ad-ons can be purchased by paying an additional premium to their policyholder. Some popular add-ons available under Datsun four-wheeler insurance are-
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- NCB Protection Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Consumables Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Key Replacement Cover
- Tyre Protection Cover
- Engine Protection Cover
Explore add-ons for your car insurance
How to Buy/Renew Datsun Car Insurance Online?
The process for buying or renewing a car insurance policy for a Datsun car is quite simple from Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited. Here is how you can do so:
- At Policybazaar.com, select the 'Car Insurance' tab from the homepage
- Enter your car number or choose the other option
- On the next page, select RTO, Datsun car model, fuel type, and variant
- Next, fill in the required form and view quotes from several insurers
- Choose the Datsun insurance plan that suits your budget and fulfils all your requirements
- Moreover, you can also select add-on covers as per your need
- At last, pay the displayed premium amount using any banking card, net banking or UPI
- Your insurer will send you a copy of your Datsun car insurance policy at your registered mail ID.
You might be interested in
How to Raise a Claim Under Datsun Car Insurance?
Filing a Datsun motor insurance claim is easy and hassle-free. All you need to do is follow the below steps-
- In case of an accident or collision of an insured Datsun car, the first point of contact will be your insurer and police. You should inform both the parties through the helpline number
- Your insurer will send a surveyor to estimate the cost of damages sustained by your Datsun car. Keep all the required documents handy with you
- The assigned surveyor will submit the assessment report. Based on the report your insurer will decide the claim amount
- In case of a reimbursement claim, the insured car is repaired in a non-network garage, and the bill will be paid by you. At last, the insurance company will then reimburse the claim amount
- In the case of the cashless claim process, the damaged car will be sent to the network garage, and the claim amount will be paid directly to the garage by the insurer.
Documents Required to Raise Datsun Car Insurance Claim
To raise a claim under Datsun car insurance, the following documents are required:
- Copy of the valid DL
- Copy of the RC of your Datsun car
- Copy of valid car insurance policy
- Copy of the Police FIR
- Estimated repair bills
- Duly filled and signed claim form
Datsun Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: If you want extensive car insurance coverage benefits, then you must buy comprehensive insurance for your Datsun car. It will compensate you for the damage or loss arising due to explosions, fire, accidents, man-made disasters or natural calamities. Moreover, it will compensate for third-party life or property damages as well. You can also buy add-on covers like zero dep cover or roadside assistance cover to enhance your policy coverage.
Ans: Own-damage cover means your insurer will compensate for all the loss or damages to the insured Datsun during an accident or crash.
Ans: You can visit Policybazaar.com to compare multiple plans and get the best deal that suits your car and is within your budget.
Ans: Yes, you can easily avail the benefits of NCB by not raising a single claim during your policy tenure. This discount applies to your insurance premium during the policy renewal.
Ans: If you have bought your car insurance policy online, your insurer will send a copy of your policy documents to your registered mail id, so you can download it from there.
Ans: Yes, in India, as per the Motor Vehicle Act, it is compulsory to obtain at least third-party liability cover for your car.
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Car insurance articles
29 Nov 2023Considering the population of rats in our country, it is common to
29 Sep 2023The concept of Own Damage(OD) is not a new one. For those of us
29 Sep 2023Filing a motor insurance claim can be a complex process, and
29 Sep 2023To continue receiving coverage benefits, it's necessary to renew
20 Sep 2023Having third-party car insurance is mandatory as per the motor