Datsun Car Insurance
A car insurance policy is a mandatory requirement that gives the car owner a financial protection against accidents or other risks involving the insured car. The primary objective of the policy is to cover the damages and subsequent liabilities. If you are planning to buy Datsun car insurance, know everything about it and how you can purchase it online.
About Datsun India
Datsun India is a popular multi-national car maker brand owned by Nissan Motor Company. The company was originally founded in 1931 but was discontinued in 1986. To increase their sales and diverse markets, Nissan Motor Company launched Datsun back in India in 2013. Currently, they are selling three models, the entry-level Redigo hatchback, Go Plus mini estate, and the Go hatchback. All the three models are offered in petrol variant in automatic and manual transmission both.
Datsun cars are for entry-level customers in India and are well-known for their fuel efficiency and decent looks. The brand has slowly and gradually developed its popularity in the neo-middle-class segment. Moreover, affordable pricing is another reason for their success. It is considered one of the favorite commute mode of Indian middle-class buyers.
Popular Datsun Car Models with Insurance Price
Some popular Datsun car models along with their insurance prices are mentioned below-
|Car Models (2018 Registration)||Variants||Ex-showroom Prices||Insured Declared Value* (IDV)||Zero Depreciation* (Add-on Cover)||Estimated Datsun Car Insurance Price* (Comprehensive Car insurance policy)|
|Datsun Redi-Go||A||Rs 3,97,800||Rs 1,27,350||Rs 1,592||Rs 2,423 onwards|
|Datsun Redi-Go||T||Rs 4,25,800||Rs 1,11,240||Rs 1,044||Rs 2,381 onwards|
|Datsun Redi-Go||T(O) 800CC||Rs 4,53,600||Rs 1,14,840||Rs 1,077||Rs 2,390 onwards|
|Datsun Redi-Go||T(O) 1.0L||Rs 4,74,500||Rs 1,20,840||Rs 1,128||Rs 2,404 onwards|
|Datsun Redi-Go||T(O) Smart Drive Auto (AMT)||Rs 4,95,600||Rs 1,50,120||Rs 1,408||Rs 2,481 onwards|
|Datsun Go||D||Rs 4,02,778||Rs 1,16,640||Rs 1,149||Rs 3,732 onwards|
|Datsun Go||A||Rs 4,99,738||Rs 1,29,240||Rs 1,273||Rs 3,766 onwards|
|Datsun Go||T||Rs 5,75,488||Rs 1,45,800||Rs 1,436||Rs 3,811 onwards|
|Datsun Go||T(O)||Rs 5,95,688||Rs 1,52,640||Rs 1,503||Rs 3,829 onwards|
|Datsun Go+||D||Rs 4,25,926||Rs 1,36,800||Rs 1,347||Rs 3,787 onwards|
|Datsun Go+||A||Rs 5,17,276||Rs 1,49,400||Rs 1,471||Rs 3,821 onwards|
|Datsun Go+||A(O)||Rs 5,74,116||Rs 2,49,750||Rs 3,122||Rs 4,092 onwards|
|Datsun Go+||T||Rs 5,99,990||Rs 1,69,560||Rs 1,670||Rs 3,875 onwards|
|Datsun Go+||T(O)||Rs 6,36,698||Rs 1,80,000||Rs 1,773||Rs 3,904 onwards|
|Datsun Go+||T CVT||Rs 6,79,676||Rs 2,96,100||Rs 3,701||Rs 4,218 onwards|
|Datsun Go+||T(O) CVT||Rs 6,99,976||Rs 3,06,000||Rs 3,825||Rs 4,245 onwards|
Disclaimer: The car insurance price for various car models of Datsun car may vary as per its variant, RTO, fuel type, coverage type, Insured Declared Value (IDV), year of the registration, add-on covers, NCB percentage, etc.
Coverage Under Datsun Car Insurance
- Damages to the insured car arising due to an accident while driving
- Damages arising due to explosion, fire or self-ignition
- Physical damages caused to the insured car due to the collision
- Damages caused due to burglary or theft to the insured Datsun car
- Damages caused to the insured car due to man-made disasters like- strikes, riots, terrorism, vandalism, etc.
- Damages to the insured car due to natural calamities like hurricanes, earthquakes, cyclones, tides, etc.
- Any loss or damage caused to the third party, life or the property by the insured Datsun car
- Damages caused to the insured car due to regular wear and tear
- Damages caused to the insured vehicle due to electrical or mechanical breakdown
- Damages caused to the insured Datsun when the driver was driving under the intoxication of alcohol or drugs.
- Damages caused to the insured private car when it was being used for commercial purposes
- Damages caused to the insured Datsun outside the geographical boundaries mentioned in policy documents
- Substantial loss to the insured car due to any nuclear peril or civil war
- Damages sustained by the insured Datsun while driving without mandatory documents like the DL, the RC of car, PUC certificate, and valid car insurance policy
Datsun Car Insurance: Add-ons
Your Datsun car insurance policy offers popular add-on covers by paying an additional premium to their policyholder. Some popular add-ons are-
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- NCB Protection Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Consumables Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Key Replacement Cover
- Tyre Protection Cover
- Engine Protection Cover
Explore add-ons for your car insurance
How to Buy Datsun Car Insurance Online?
The process for buying a car insurance policy online is quite simple at Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited official's website. Visit Policybazaar.com and follow the below steps to obtain a car insurance policy for Datsun car-
- At Policybazaar.com, select the 'Car Insurance' option from the 'Insurance Products'
- Choose any of your favorable options from 'proceed without a car number' or 'brand new car'
- On the next page, select RTO, Datsun car model, fuel type, and variant
- Next, fill in the required form and view quotes from several insurers
- Choose the Datsun insurance plan that suits your budget and fulfills all your requirements
- Moreover, you can also select add-on covers as per your need
- Next, check and confirm all your details on the page
- At last, pay the displayed premium amount using any banking card, net banking or UPI
- Your insurer will send you a copy of your Datsun car insurance policy at your registered mail id.
How to Renew Datsun Car Insurance Online?
Your Datsun car insurance renewal process is simple and hassle-free at Policybazaar.com. Follow the below steps to renew your car insurance policy-
- Visit the 'Car Insurance' page from the homepage of Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited
- Enter your Datsun car number and view different renewal quotes offered by several insurers
- Fill in all the asked details in the displayed form and view prices
- Select the expiry date of your policy and your previous year's claim details
- From the displayed plans, choose one that suits your budget.
- Select the required add-on covers
- Select the NCB discount if any, and proceed with the payment
- Fill out the given form and confirm all the details, including the premium to be paid
- Pay out the premium for Datsun insurance renewal and your insurer will send the policy documents at your registered email ID.
How to Raise a Claim Under Datsun Car Insurance?
Filing a Datsun motor insurance claim is easy and hassle-free. All you need to do is follow the below steps-
- In case of an accident or collision of an insured Datsun car, the first point of contact will be your insurer and police. You should inform both the parties through the helpline number
- Your insurer will send a surveyor to estimate the cost of damages sustained by your Datsun car. Keep all the required documents handy with you
- The assigned surveyor will submit the assessment report. Based on the report your insurer will decide the claim amount
- In case of reimbursement claim, the insured car is repaired in a non-network garage and the bill will be paid by you. At last, the insurance company will then reimburse the claim amount
- In the case of the cashless claim process, the damaged car will be sent to the network garage, and the claim amount will be paid directly to the garage by the insurer.
Documents Required to Raise Datsun Car Insurance Claim
To lodge a claim under Datsun car insurance, following documents are required:
- Copy of the valid DL
- Copy of the RC of your Datsun car
- Copy of your valid Datsun car insurance policy
- Copy of the Police FIR
- Estimated repair bills
- Duly filled and signed claim form
Datsun Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: If you want extensive car insurance coverage benefits, then you must buy comprehensive insurance for your Datsun car. It will compensate you for the damage or loss arising due to explosions, fire, accidents, man-made disasters or natural calamities. Moreover, it will compensate for third-party life or property damages as well. You can also buy add-on covers like zero dep cover or roadside assistance cover to enhance your policy coverage.
Ans: Own-damage cover means your insurer will compensate for all the loss or damages to the insured Datsun during an accident or crash.
Ans: You can visit Policybazaar.com to compare multiple plans and get the best deal that suits your car and is within your budget.
Ans: Yes, you can easily avail the benefits of NCB by not raising a single claim during your policy tenure. This discount applies to your insurance premium during the policy renewal.
Ans: If you have bought your car insurance policy online, your insurer will send a copy of your policy documents to your registered mail id, so you can download it from there.
Ans: Yes, in India as per the Motor Vehicle Act, it is compulsory to obtain at least third-party liability cover for your car.
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Car insurance articles
09 Jan 2023Yes, your comprehensive car insurance policy may cover the damages
03 Jan 2023As per the IRDAI guidelines, all motor insurance sectors including
09 Dec 2022Roadside Assistance is an add-on cover offered with your
06 Dec 2022No, any damage to the nut bolt or any other consumable of your
05 Dec 2022Third-party car insurance is a mandatory cover as per the motor