Renault Car Insurance
Renault is one of the biggest vehicle manufacturers in the world that makes cars, trucks, buses, tractors, autorails and aircrafts. In 2007, The company introduced Renault cars in India and currently offers hatchbacks, SUVs as well as MUVs. Renault cars have won several awards over the years for being one of the best four wheelers in the country. A car that good deserves to be safe and the best way to do so is by safeguarding it under a car insurance policy.
Renault car insurance is a vehicle insurance policy that protects a Renault car from any unforeseen risks arising out of accidents, manmade disasters (riots, vandalism, etc.), third party liabilities, natural disasters (floods, earthquakes, etc.), fire and theft. It not only protects your car but also provides compensation in case an accident of your Renault car leads to your disability or death.
5 Best Renault Car Models (with Car Insurance Price)
The table below represents the five best Renault car models and their car insurance price:
|Renault Car Models(2019 Registration)||Estimated Renault Insurance Price(1-year Comprehensive Car Insurance)|
|Renault Kwid||Rs 3,229 onwards|
|Renault Duster||Rs 7,230 onwards|
|Renault Triber||Rs 3,856 onwards|
|Renault Captur||Rs 6,247 onwards|
|Renault Lodgy||Rs 6,277 onwards|
Disclaimer: The Renault insurance price for various car models may vary as per the model variant, RTO, registration year, engine capacity and other factors.
Types of Renault Car Insurance
Renault car owners can buy two types of car insurance plans -
It is a type of Renault insurance that covers any third party liabilities of the car owner for causing third party property damages, bodily injuries, death or disability to third parties by the Renault car in an accident.
This type of Renault insurance provides coverage for third party liabilities along with own damages to the Renault car arising out of natural disasters, accidents, fire, manmade calamities and theft. It also covers accidental disability or death of the car’s owner-driver under the personal accident cover.
Reasons to Buy Renault Car Insurance Policy
Your Renault car may be one of the most prized possessions of your life. Thus, you need to keep it safe from all potential risks that may lead to damage or destruction of the car. Given below are some of the reasons that make buying Renault car insurance a great idea:
- Under the Indian motor laws, all Renault cars must have at least third party liability insurance cover
- It covers any loss or damages to your Renault car arising out of acts of God, fire, accident, human disasters, etc.
- It provides third party liability coverage for causing accidental property damages, bodily injuries or death by the Renault car
- It offers personal accident cover to the vehicle’s owner-driver
- It comes with cashless claims facility for Renault cars repaired at a network garage of the insurance company
- It allows you to ensure overall protection of your Renault car by opting for add-on covers, such as return-to-invoice cover, zero depreciation cover, etc.
- It comes with the quick and easy option of buying Renault insurance online
- It allows you to contact customer executives any time and get your grievances settled right away
- It settles claim within a few days allowing you to get the claim amount at the earliest
Renault Car Insurance Policy Inclusions
A Renault insurance policy will cover your four wheeler from the following adversities:
- Third Party Liabilities - It covers any legal liabilities of the Renault car owner if the vehicle was responsible for causing accidental:
- Third party property damages
- Bodily injuries to third parties
- Third party person’s disability/ death
- Loss or Damage Protection - It protects the Renault car from any damages or losses due to:
- Natural disasters, such as landslides, storm, earthquakes, floods, etc.
- Accidents and external damages
- Manmade calamities, such as strikes, malicious acts, riots, etc.
- Fire and explosion
- Burglary, theft or housebreaking
- Personal Accident Cover - It covers the owner-driver of the Renault car against accidental death or disability.
A Renault car owner can also opt for the following optional covers under four wheeler insurance:
- Personal accident cover for paid drivers
- Bi-fuel system cover to cover CNG/ LPG kit in the car
- Accessories cover for electrical and non-electrical accessories fitted in the Renault car
Add-On Covers Under Renault Car Insurance Policy
Add-on covers help car owners to ensure extra protection of their vehicle on payment of an additional premium. Take a look at the various add-on covers available under Renault insurance:
- Roadside Assistance Cover - It offers roadside assistance, such as car towing, fuel arrangement, etc. if your Renault car suddenly stops working on the road.
- Return to Invoice - It allows you to get the invoice value of the Renault car as the insured declared value (IDV) instead of the vehicle’s market value.
- Passenger Cover– It provides personal accident cover for unnamed passengers travelling in the Renault car.
- Zero Depreciation Cover - It ensures that depreciation is not considered while calculating the IDV of the Renault car.
- No Claim Bonus Protector - It safeguards your No Claim Bonus (NCB) even if you register a claim under your previous Renault car insurance policy.
- Engine Protector - It covers the expenses incurred on repairing or replacing the engine of the Renault car.
- Key Replacement - It provides the replacement key of your Renault car in case you longer have the original one.
Renault Car Insurance Policy Exclusions
A Renault insurance policy does not cover any loss or damages arising from the following situations:
- Electrical or mechanical breakdown of the Renault car
- Driving the car in an intoxicated state due to alcohol consumption
- Wear and tear of the Renault car
- Driving the Renault car without a valid driving license
- Consequential loss or damages to the car
- Damages caused while using the car for illegal/ non-authorized purposes
- Damages due to contributory negligence of the driver
How to Buy Renault Insurance Online?
A Renault car owner can easily buy car insurance online. Just follow the procedure given below to buy Renault insurance online:
- Go to the top of the page to find a form to buy Renault car insurance
- Enter your Renault car number
- If not the car number, you will have to provide details of your Renault car, including the RTO, registration year, model type, fuel type, etc.
- Provide your name, email id and phone number
- Choose the type of coverage for your vehicle
- Provide previous policy expiry date and claim details, if any
- Various insurers will display Renault insurance price for your car
- Pick the plan you want to buy and pay the premium online
- The insurance provider will issue Renault insurance online
How to Renew Renault Insurance Online?
If you need to renew your four wheeler insurance online, following the Renault insurance renewal procedure given below:
- Visit the website allowing Renault insurance renewal, such as policybazaar.com
- Go to the ‘Renewal’ tab on the menu bar and select ‘Motor Renewal’ option
- Provide your Renault car number or enter the requested details of the car, such as model type, fuel type, engine CC, RTO, etc.
- Fill in your personal details, such as phone number and email id
- Select your coverage type and existing policy expiry date
- Choose if you made a claim under the existing policy
- Renault insurance renewal price of all insurers will be displayed
- Select the plan and pay the renewal premium of Renault insurance online
- Your Renault car insurance will be renewed
Renault Car Insurance Claim Procedure
The policyholder of the Renault car insurance will have to register a claim with the insurer to get his/ her expenses and losses recovered in case the car is damaged or stolen. Here is the step-by-step claim procedure for Renault insurance:
- Inform your motor insurer about the incident at the earliest
- File a Police FIR in case of theft or third party claims
- Your vehicle may be inspected by a surveyor sent by the insurer
- Submit the required documents to the surveyor/ insurer as requested
- Send your Renault car for repair to the garage
- If the car is being repaired at a network garage of the insurance company, you will be able to avail cashless claim facility
- The car repair bill at the network garage will be paid by the insurer directly
- If the car is getting repaired at a non-network garage, only reimbursement claims can be filed
- Pay the full repair bill while picking up the car from the non-network garage
- Send the repair bill and its receipts to the insurance company
- The insurer will verify the documents and pay the claim amount
Documents Required by Renault Car Insurance Claims
While making a Renault car insurance claim, you may have to submit the following documents:
- Renault insurance policy document
- Car insurance claim form
- Copy of Police FIR (for third party and theft claims)
- Renault car registration certificate
- Driving license of the owner-driver
- Repair bill of Renault car
- Bill payment receipts
Renault Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: Yes. Your Renault car may have to be inspected during Renault insurance renewal if your previous policy has expired. However, you should get it confirmed with the insurance company before buying the policy.
Ans: Yes. All Renault insurance policies sold online are valid, provided it is purchased from an IRDAI registered insurance company or from online insurance brokers, such as policybazaar.com.
Ans: The premium of a Renault car insurance policy is determined based on the following factors:
- Age of the Renault car
- Type of insurance cover
- IDV of the car
- Renault car model
- The engine capacity of the car
- Opted add-on covers
- Claim history
- The geographical location of the car
- Voluntary deductible
Ans: Yes. If you install an LPG/ CNG kit in your Renault car, you need to inform your motor insurer as it impacts your insurance premium.
Ans: Yes. You can get your NCB or No Claim Bonus transferred from an expired Renault insurance policy.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More