Honda New City Car Insurance
Being one of the leading premium sedans, the Honda New City car by Honda Cars India is an ultimate combination of supreme design and advanced technology. The car has also won the 'Sedan of the Year' award at the Zee Digital Auto Awards in 2021. Read further to know more about its features, specifications and Honda New City car insurance.
Features of Honda New City
The Honda New City is the 5th generation of the Honda New City car. The 5 seater sedan comes in 5 stunning colours with both petrol and diesel engines having an automatic and manual transmission. When it comes to space, the New Honda New City comes with ample legroom and an ergonomically designed cockpit offering an incredible driving experience. Moreover, the integration of full LED headlamps in the front gives the car a bold look and feel.
- Premium leather seats along with handcrafted tailoring offer a comfortable and luxurious seating experience.
- The car comes with a seatback pocket with smartphone sub pockets and separate pockets for driver and passengers.
- Advanced instrument panel with a touchscreen connecting both Android and iOS devices.
- It comes with the ‘Walk Away Auto Lock’ feature in which the car gets automatically locked as soon as the car key is away.
- Fully automatic climate control feature offering maximum cooling.
- The Honda New City car also comes with a 6-airbag system for enhanced safety.
- Stunning aesthetics with a wide, upper-grill in the front to give the car a bold look.
- Integration of full LED headlamps in the front and Z-shaped 3D wrap around LED tail lamps in the rear.
- Addition of front fog lamps to see the road clearly during foggy weather.
- The car also offers a one-touch electric sunroof with a slide/tilt function and pinch guard.
- The wheels of Honda New City 5th Gen are diamond-cut and two-tone finished R16 multi-spoke alloy wheels.
Specifications of Honda New City Car
|Engine type||Petrol: i-VTEC DOHC with VTC
Diesel: i-DTEC DOHC
|Engine displacement in CC||1498|
|Maximum power (kW [PS] @ rpm)||Petrol: 89  @ 6600
Diesel: 73  @ 3600
|Maximum torque (Nm @ rpm)||Petrol: 145 @ 4300
Diesel: 200 @ 1750
|No. of cylinders||Water Cooled Inline 4 Cylinders|
|No. of Valves||16|
|Transmission mode||Automatic and Manual|
|Emission norm compliance||BS-6|
|Mileage||Petrol: MT: 17.8 km/l, CVT: 18.4 km/l Diesel: 24.1km/l|
|Fuel tank capacity||40 Liters|
Honda New City 5th Gen Car Model Variants with Insurance Price
Find out the Honda New City car models variants with insurance price in the table below:
|Honda New City Variants (2020 Registration)||Ex-showroom Prices||Insured Declared Value* (IDV)||Zero Depreciation* (Add-on Cover)||Estimated Honda New City Insurance Price* (Own Damage Car Insurance)|
|VX CVT||Rs. 13,99,000||Rs. 5,17,945||Rs. 3,885||Rs. 1914 onwards|
|ZX CVT||Rs. 14,98,000||Rs. 4,79,570||Rs. 2,530||Rs. 1771 onwards|
|ZX MT (Petrol)||Rs. 13,68,000||Rs. 7,58,625||Rs. 4,003||Rs. 2802 onwards|
|VX MT (Petrol)||Rs.12,69,000||Rs. 6,27,101||Rs. 3,309||Rs. 2316 onwards|
|V MT (Petrol)||Rs.11,23,000||Rs. 5,94,941||Rs. 4,463||Rs. 2198 onwards|
|V CVT||Rs. 12,63,000||Rs. 5,17,945||Rs. 3,885||Rs. 1914 onwards|
|V MT (Diesel)||Rs. 12,83,000||Rs. 6,15,528||Rs. 4,001||Rs. 2274 onwards|
|VX MT (Diesel)||Rs. 14,19,000||Rs. 6,72,053||Rs. 4,368||Rs. 2482 onwards|
|ZX MT (Diesel)||Rs. 15,18,000||Rs.8,07,415||Rs. 5,964||Rs. 2982 onwards|
*Disclaimer: The Honda New City car insurance price depends upon multiple factors such as IDV of the car, coverage opted, type of engine, location of the vehicle, and more.
Honda New City Car Insurance: Inclusions
By purchasing motor insurance for your Honda New City car, you will get the following inclusions:
- The motor insurance policy covers damages caused to third parties such as death/injury or property damage.
- It covers damages sustained by the Honda New City car due to natural calamities like earthquakes, cyclones, hurricanes, etc.
- Damages arising due to riots, strikes or terrorist acts are also covered.
- Any loss or damage due to theft, or burglary of a Honda New City car is covered.
- Honda New City four-wheeler insurance will also cover damages arising when the car is in transit via road, rail, waterway, etc.
- Damages sustained due to fire, explosion or lightning are also included in the Honda New City car insurance policy.
Honda New City Car Insurance: Exclusions
The Honda New City motor insurance does not cover the following damages:
- Damages sustained by New Honda City motor insurance due to gradual wear, tear and depreciation are excluded.
- It does not cover damages to the insured car due to mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- The Honda New City vehicle insurance excludes damages arising if the driver is driving without a valid driving license.
- Damages arising when the driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs is not covered.
- Any damage sustained outside the geographical location as mentioned in the policy is excluded.
Honda New City Car Insurance: Add-ons
You can also purchase some add-on covers with your Honda New City motor insurance policy for enhanced protection. These add-ons can be purchased at an additional premium:
- Key Replacement Cover
- Tyre Cover
- Nil Depreciation Cover
- Personal Baggage Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- NCB Protect Cover
- Consumables Cover
- Engine Protection Cover
Explore add-ons for your car insurance
How to Buy Honda New City Car Insurance Online?
You can easily purchase a motor insurance policy for your Honda New City car from Policybazaar.com.
- From the official website of Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, visit the ‘Car Insurance’ page.
- On the given form, select the option ‘Brand New Car’
- Enter the required details like car model, registration year, RTO, etc.
- Fill in your personal details and proceed with ‘View Prices’
- Select existing policy expiry date
- Now find a motor insurance plan for your Honda New City car. You can also view the details of the policy.
- Select add-ons that you want to add to your four-wheeler insurance policy
- Fill out the given proposal form and proceed with payment
- You can pay the Honda New City car insurance price via bank cards, net banking or UPI.
- After the payment, fill in the required details for the issue of policy papers.
You will receive your New Honda car insurance policy documents along with payment confirmation at your email id.
How to Renew Honda New City Car Insurance Online?
Renewing your Honda New City car insurance policy is an easy process. All you need to do is follow these steps to renew Honda New City car insurance online:
- On Policybazaar.com, go to the ‘Car Insurance’ page.
- Enter your car number on the form and view renewal quotes
- Fill in your personal details and proceed
- Enter policy expiry date and previous claim details
- Find the appropriate motor renewal policy for your Honda New City car
- Select the add-ons to the policy you have chosen
- Enter the No Claim Bonus earned on your existing four-wheeler insurance policy
- Fill out the given form and move to payment.
- Now you can make payment via your preferred payment method.
- Once you have successfully made the payment, you will receive your renewal policy documents at your registered mail id.
Tata Tigor Car Insurance FAQs
Q1. Is it necessary to renew Honda New City car insurance?
Ans. A motor insurance policy mostly expires in 1 year after which it has to be renewed. If you are driving with an expired policy, any resultant claim will get rejected. Also, you may have to pay heavy fines for carrying an expired motor insurance policy. Thus, it is essential to renew Honda New City car insurance.
Q2. Will add-ons increase my Honda New City car insurance price?
Ans. Yes, an add-on is an additional cover that you can purchase to enhance your policy coverage. It can be purchased only by paying an extra premium over your existing motor insurance premium.
Q3. How can I reduce my Honda New City motor insurance premium?
Ans. To reduce your Honda New City motor insurance premium, you can:
- Opt for higher voluntary deductibles
- Retain your No Claim Bonus discount
- Compare vehicle insurance policy on web aggregators platforms like Policybazaar.com
- Install anti-theft devices in your car
- Renew motor insurance policy on time
- Become a member of the Automobile Association of India
Q4. Can I get a duplicate copy of my Honda New City motor insurance policy?
Ans. Yes, you can get a duplicate copy of your Honda New City car insurance policy by approaching the insurance company with a written request.
Q5. Why do I need to insure my Honda New City car?
Ans. Purchasing a four-wheeler insurance policy for your car is a mandatory requirement as per the motor laws to ply on the roads of India. Moreover, a four-wheeler insurance policy can protect your car from any unforeseen incidents on road.
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Car insurance articles
20 Mar 2023A car's ownership is usually transferred if the car is sold to a
16 Mar 2023Due to their diverse benefits such as lower fuel economy and low
15 Mar 2023With an aim to phase out unfit and polluting vehicles, the
28 Feb 2023Though rare, car insurance cancellations are pretty much evident
15 Feb 2023As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1989, it is mandatory for every