Volkswagen Polo Car Insurance
Ever since its launch, Volkswagen Polo is one of the most popular hatchback cars that is driven on Indian roads. This five-seater hatchback car is available in eight features in both diesel and petrol engines. The manufacturers of the car claim to provide a mileage of 15.62 kmpl. With an affordable price that ranges from Rs. 5.70 lakhs to Rs. 9.14 lakhs (ex-showroom rates), Volkswagen Polo is available in seven colors – Lapiz Blue, Carbon Steel, Toffee Brown, Flash Red, Sunset Red, Reflex Silver, and Candy White. If you want to purchase this car, you can check-out its features and Volkswagen Polo Insurance price as you read on.
Features of Volkswagen Polo
Mentioned below are some of the salient features of the Volkswagen Polo car:
- The car comes with rain sensing wipers
- It has cruise control.
- It is fitted with a 'Climatronic' automatic air-conditioner.
- It is equipped with a pollen and dusting filter.
- It comes with a height-adjustable driver seat.
- It consists of speed-sensitive electronic power steering.
- The steering, telescopic, and tilt of this car are adjustable.
- It has a digital clock and fuel gauge.
- This car consists of a central locking system with a boot opener with the Volkswagen logo.
- It consists of front intermittent wipers with a four-step variable speed setting.
- It has a vanity mirror with a left-side sun visor.
- It comes with a ticket holder on the right side sun visor.
- It is fitted with an R14 steel spare wheel.
- It consists of a push to open the fuel lid.
- It is equipped with a lane change indicator.
- It has power windows in all the doors.
- It comes with a rear windshield wiper and washer.
- It is equipped with remote-controlled central locking.
- It has speed-sensing auto door locks.
- It consists of Monochrome Multi-Functional Display (MFD) that includes the distance traveled, traveling time, digital speed display, fuel-efficiency, average speed, distance till empty, and speed warning.
- It has a rear parking sensor.
- It comes with fog lamps.
- It consists of three-point front seat belts, lap belts in the middle, and rear outer seat belts.
- It has an auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror.
- It comes with an anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- It is equipped with dual-front airbags on the passenger and driver side.
Volkswagen Polo Car Specification
Here are the specifications of the Volkswagen Polo:
|Maximum Power||90 PS @ 4200 rpm|
|Maximum Torque||230 Nm @2500 rpm|
|Suspension||Front: McPherson Strut with stabilizer barRear: Semi-independent trailing arm|
|Fuel Tank||45 L|
Volkswagen Polo Car Model Variants with Car Insurance Price
|Volkswagen Polo Variants||Ex-Showroom Prices||Estimated Volkswagen Polo Insurance Price*(Comprehensive Car Insurance)|
|Volkswagen Polo 1.0 MPI Trendline (Petrol) (Base Model)||Rs 6,01,500||Rs 28,145|
|Volkswagen Polo 1.0 MPI Comfortline (Petrol)||Rs 6,96,000||Rs 31,364|
|Volkswagen Polo Turbo Edition (Petrol)||Rs 6,99,000||Rs 31,347|
|Volkswagen 1.0 TSI Highline Plus (Petrol)||Rs 8,34,200||Rs 36,072|
|Volkswagen Polo Red and White Edition (Petrol)||Rs 9,19,500||Rs 38,859|
|Volkswagen Polo 1.0 TSI Highline Plus AT ‘(Petrol)||Rs 9,45,200||Rs 39,854|
|Volkswagen Polo GT 1.0 TSI (Petrol) (Top Model)||Rs 9,92700||Rs 41,472|
*Disclaimer: The price of Volkswagen Polo insurance may vary according to RTO, type of coverage, claim history, etc.
Volkswagen Polo Car Insurance Inclusions
The Volkswagen Polo insurance policy provides the following coverage:
- Third-Party Liability Cover: An accident may result in third-party liabilities like death, bodily injury, permanent/temporary disability, damage to property of a third-party. This plan can compensate you for all these third-party liabilities. Third-party property damage coverage is limited to Rs. 7.5 lakhs. The compensation amount in all such cases decided by court’s law.
- Standalone Own-Damage Cover: This plan provides own-damage cover incurred by your car due to some natural calamity, accident, riots, fire, etc. This plan provides cover for the theft of your car as well.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This is a bundle cover that provides you the insurance against both own damage and third-party liability that may be incurred by your car due to a mishap.
Add-On Covers Available Under Volkswagen Polo Car Insurance
In addition to basic Volkswagen Polo car insurance provides add-on coverage for extending the insurance cover. An owner of this car can buy the below-mentioned covers by paying an additional Volkswagen Polo Car Insurance price:
- Zero depreciation cover
- Windshield glass cover
- Voluntary deductible cover
- Full invoice price insurance cover
- Loss of baggage cover
- Spare car clause
- No Claim Bonus (NCB) protector
- Replacement of key cover
- Tire cover
- Lifetime road tax clause
- Vehicle Replacement Value Plus Clause
- Enhanced Personal Accident (PA) cover
Volkswagen Polo Car Insurance Exclusions
The Volkswagen Polo policy does not provide insurance coverage for the expenses that may arise due to the following:
- Damage or loss incurred outside the mentioned geographical region.
- An accident that has incurred due to nuclear exposure.
- Damage or loss incurred due to speeding the car under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating drug.
- Damage because of war-like situation.
- Wear and tear due to depreciation or because of any other consequential loss.
- Electrical and mechanical breakdown.
- Damage because of a person who is driving the vehicle without a valid driving license.
- Tyre damage unless and until the vehicle is as well damaged.
- If your Volkswagen Polo is used for speed testing, pacemaking, for hire or reward, organizing the race, and reliability trails.
How to Buy Volkswagen Polo Car Insurance Online?
Anybody can buy a Volkswagen Polo car insurance online easily. Follow the steps given below to purchase a Volkswagen Polo insurance policy online:
- Visit a website that provides Volkswagen Polo online insurance services, like policybazaar.com
- Click on the Car Insurance icon on the homepage
- Enter your Volkswagen Polo car number or provide other details of the vehicle, such as model variant, fuel type, RTO, registration year, etc.
- Fill up the given form with your contact details
- Choose your preferred Volkswagen Polo car insurance cover
- Several Volkswagen Polo car insurance plans from different insurers will be displayed
- Choose the ideal policy for your Volkswagen Polo car and pay the premium online
- The motor insurance company will issue a Volkswagen online insurance policy to you
How to Renew Volkswagen Polo Insurance Policy Online?
The Volkswagen Polo car insurance renewal online process is extremely simple. It is important to carry out the Volkswagen Polo insurance renewal of the car before the expiry date. Here are the steps to be followed to ensure Volkswagen car insurance renewal online:
- Go to the website that offers Volkswagen Polo insurance renewal online
- Click on the option of policy renewal and select car insurance
- Choose the details of your Volkswagen Polo, such as its model, registration year, RTO, etc.
- Provide details of your previous Volkswagen Polo vehicle insurance policy, including claim history and policy expiry date
- Enter your contact details, such as phone number and email iSelect the Volkswagen Polo car insurance renewal plan for your vehicle
- Pay the Volkswagen Polo insurance price for the selected plan
- The Volkswagen Polo insurance renewal online will be done
Volkswagen Polo Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: The amount of the insurance premium of your Volkswagen Polo is determined by many factors and majorly it depends on the Insured Declared Value of the vehicle. Insured Declared Value or IDV of a car is the maximum amount that an insurer compensates to the insured in case of an accident/mishap and it considers the rate of depreciation of the vehicle.
Ans: Yes, every car that is being driven on the roads of India requires a car insurance policy and so does the case with Volkswagen Polo Car insurance. As per the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, having a third-party car insurance policy is compulsory for every car/two-wheeler that is running on the roads of India. In addition to this, if you are caught without an insurance policy, you may be fined Rs 2,000 or can be in prison for at least three months.
Ans: The No Claim Bonus or NCB is the award that is given by the insurer to its policyholder in case he/she does not make any claim in the previous claim term. This means for every claim-free year you get a discount. This discount or NCB is cumulative and may go up to 50% in the fifth claim free-year.
Ans: The IDV is calculated by reducing the rate of depreciation of the vehicle from the selling price of the manufacturer.
Ans: It is an add-on cover that you can buy with each own-damage insurance cover. However, this add-on cover can be availed by car owners who have cars less than five years old and their cars are used occasionally in a year.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More