Ford EcoSport Car Insurance
The concept of micro-SUV reached a new height with the launch of the Ford EcoSport car. With amazing features and, a powerful engine, this subcompact SUV is highly suitable for driving on Indian roads. In fact, it has won several awards for the best SUV in 2018. Read further to know more about Ford EcoSport features, specifications and Ford EcoSport car insurance price.
Features of Ford EcoSport
With its robust body and sporty look, Ford EcoSport offers an engine capacity of up to 1498 cc with a mileage of about 20.9 km/l. The car has both diesel and petrol engines along with manual and automatic transmission. The Ford EcoSport is a 5 seater compact SUV with 4 cylinders and is available in 7 vibrant colours and 11 variants to choose from.
- Ford EcoSport has spacious and compact interiors with ample boot space.
- With the automatic six-gear transmission and power steering, Ford EcoSport makes driving smoother.
- Ford EcoSport with six airbags and ISOFIX child seat anchors offers extensive safety to drivers and passengers.
- Other safety features like ABS, EBD, rear parking sensors provide impressive safety to the SUV.
- The SUV is also extremely fuel-efficient and offers exceptional mileage making it an economical car.
- The interiors of Ford EcoSport are also enhanced with a light environment theme, auto-dimming mirror and multicolour footwell ambient lights.
- Ford EcoSport comes with automatic headlights that turn on as soon as daylight starts to fade allowing drivers to see clearly.
- The vehicle has alloy wheels and a dark theme all over the exterior.
- It also offers power fold mirrors with puddle lamps and rain-sensing wipers for a comfortable drive even during unstable weather conditions.
- Ford EcoSport also comes with an electric sunroof and high ground clearance.
- The exterior door handles and outside mirror are also body-coloured giving the car a more vibrant overall look.
Specifications of Ford EcoSport
|Engine displacement||1496 to 1498 cc|
|Engine type||1.5l Ti-VCT Petrol
1.5l TDCi Diesel
|Mileage (ARAI)||14.7 to 20.9 km/l|
|Transmission||Manual & Automatic|
|Maximum torque||Petrol: 149 Nm @ 4500 rpm
Diesel: 215 Nm @ 1750-2500 rpm
|Maximum power||Petrol: 122 PS /90Kw @ 6500 rpm
Diesel: 100 PS/ 74Kw @ 3750 rpm
|No. of cylinders||3/4 inline cylinders|
|Emission norms compliance||BS-VI|
|Fuel tank capacity||52 Liters|
Ford EcoSport Car Model Variants with Insurance Price
This table shows different types of Ford EcoSport car model variants along with their insurance price:
|Ford EcoSport Variant
(Registration Year: 2018)
|Ex-showroom Price||Insured Declared Value* (IDV)||Zero Depreciation*
|Estimated Ford EcoSport Car Insurance Price*
(Comprehensive Car Insurance)
|1.5l Diesel Ambiente MT||Rs. 8,89,000||Rs. 3,78,900||Rs. 3978||Rs. 4043 onwards|
|1.5l Diesel Trend MT||Rs. 9,34,000||Rs. 4,12,200||Rs. 4328||Rs. 4115 onwards|
|1.5l Diesel Titanium MT||Rs. 9,99,900||Rs. 4,69,800||Rs. 4,933||Rs. 4240 onwards|
|1.5l Petrol S MT||Rs. 1,119,000||Rs. 5,03,550||Rs. 6,294||Rs. 4585 onwards|
|1.5l Petrol SE MT||Rs. 1,069,000||Rs. 4,81,950||Rs. 6,024||Rs. 4526 onwards|
|1.5l Petrol Titanium Plus AT||Rs. 1,139,000||Rs. 5,09,850||Rs. 5,353||Rs. 4326 onwards|
|1.5l Diesel S MT||Rs. 1,169,000||Rs. 5,26,500||Rs. 6,581||Rs. 4647 onwards|
|1.5l Diesel SE MT||Rs. 1,119,000||Rs. 5,04,450||Rs. 6,306||Rs. 4587 onwards|
|1.5l Petrol Titanium MT||Rs. 9,99,000||Rs. 4,98,600||Rs. 6,233||Rs. 4571 onwards|
*Disclaimer: The Ford EcoSport car insurance price for different variants may vary according to various factors such as registration year, No Claim Bonus, claim history, desired coverage, Insured Declared Value of the car, etc.
Ford EcoSport Car Insurance: Inclusions
Having a valid motor insurance policy is mandatory as per the motor laws of India. Therefore, if you are planning to purchase Ford EcoSport, you will be required to at least have a third-party car insurance plan. For extensive coverage, you can also go with a comprehensive motor insurance policy for your four-wheeler.
Below mentioned are some inclusions that your Ford EcoSport motor insurance plan will offer:
- It offers coverage against third party liabilities, such as third party property damage, third-party injury and death.
- Ford EcoSport car insurance offers coverage against damages due to natural calamities like earthquakes, riots, cyclones, etc.
- It also covers damages arising out of car theft, burglary or housebreaking.
- It covers against damages due to fire, explosion or lightning.
- It also covers damages sustained by the insured car due to manmade calamities like riots, strikes, etc.
- It also covers damages sustained due to the accident of the car.
Ford EcoSport Car Insurance: Exclusions
Ford EcoSport car insurance policy excludes the following risks:
- Damages sustained by the insured car due to regular wear and tear.
- Damages due to mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- Ford car insurance will not cover damages sustained by a car due to drunk driving.
- Damages sustained while driving without a driving license or expired insurance policy.
- It also excludes expenses incurred in replacing or repairing consumables.
- The Ford EcoSport motor insurance does not cover damages arising from civil war, nuclear peril or terrorist attack.
Ford EcoSport Car Insurance: Add-ons
Ford EcoSport motor insurance offers the following add-ons that can be purchased:
- No Claim Bonus Protection Cover
- Engine Protection Cover
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Consumables Cover
- Key Protection Cover
- Daily Allowance Benefit
- Personal Accident Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Tyre Protection Cover
- Personal Belongings Cover
Add-ons for your car insurance
Bumper to Bumper Insurance
Car Accessories Cover
Compulsory Personal Accident Cover
Daily Allowance Cover
Engine Protection Cover
Key Replacement Cover
Multi-Year Car Insurance
No Claim Bonus (NCB) in Car Insurance
Personal Possessions Cover
Return To Invoice
Rim Damage Cover
Tyre Protector Cover
Voluntary Deductible in Car Insurance
Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
How to Buy Ford EcoSport Car Insurance Online?
Follow these steps to buy car insurance policy for your Ford EcoSport car:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited and select ‘Car Insurance’ from the Insurance Products dropdown.
Step 2: Select the option to “Proceed without car number’ or with the Brand new car option.
Step 3: Select city, RTO, car brand, model, and the variant of your Ford EcoSport car.
Step 4: Fill in the required details and select view prices.
Step 5: From the mentioned motor insurance plans, find the one that suits your budget.
Step 6: Select add-on covers with your plan and confirms other details
Step 7: Select the option “Pay Securely”
Step 8: Make the payment using your preferred payment mode.
Step 9: Once the payment is done, your policy documents will be issued and sent to your email address.
How to Renew Ford EcoSport Car Insurance Online?
In case you are driving with an expired vehicle insurance policy, you may have to pay heavy traffic fines and your claim may also get rejected due to a lapsed policy. Therefore, follow these steps to renew Ford EcoSport car insurance online:
- Visit Policybazaar.com and go to the car insurance page.
- In the form given, mention your car number and proceed with viewing instant quotes.
- Enter details like name, mobile number & email address and view prices.
- Enter the policy expiry date and whether you made a claim or not.
- From the mentioned plans, find the one you want to renew for your Ford Ecosport.
- Select add-on covers with your plan.
- Enter No Claim Bonus discount of your existing policy.
- Pay your premium amount once it has been verified by the insurance company.
After successful payment, your Ford car insurance renewal will be complete and the renewal papers will be sent to you via mail.
Ans. Yes, as per the motor laws of India, having car insurance is mandatory for every car owner to ply on the roads of India.
Ans. There are three types of car insurance plans – third party insurance, own damage insurance and comprehensive insurance. You can buy a third party car insurance plan to only cover third party liabilities, or an own damage insurance plan to cover third party liabilities along with damages incurred by the insured car. You can also buy a comprehensive car insurance policy to cover both third-party liabilities and damages sustained by the insured car.
Ans. Your claim may get rejected if your Ford car insurance policy is expired. Also, you will have to pay traffic fines if caught driving with an expired motor insurance policy.
Ans. Multiple factors are taken into consideration to calculate the premium of your four-wheeler insurance policy. These are the type of policy coverage, RTO, claim history, IDV of the car, age of the car, location of the car, type of engine and deductibles if any.
Ans. Yes, your existing NCB will be transferred when you will renew your Ford motor insurance policy. You can also transfer your NCB in case you are changing your insurance provider at the time of policy renewal.
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.
Car insurance articles
19 May 2022When you buy a car, you get a temporary vehicle registration...
17 May 2022KP in car insurance refers to the Key Protect add-on cover that...
12 May 2022When it comes to transmission systems in cars, there are two...
09 May 2022A car insurance policy is not just a mandatory requirement but...
06 May 2022If you are planning to get a CNG kit fitted in your car or...