Hyundai i20 Car Insurance
Hyundai i20 is a premium hatchback car that offers intuitive features along with enhanced comfort and convenience to drive on Indian roads. It has also won the 2021 ‘Hot Hatch of the Year’ award by Auto Express New Car Awards, UK. Read below to know more about the car’s features, specifications, and Hyundai i20 car insurance price.
Features of Hyundai i20
The Hyundai i20 is a 5 seater luxurious looking hatchback by Hyundai Motors India. The car comes in a petrol and diesel engine with manual and automatic transmission. With unmatched interiors and exteriors, the Hyundai i20 offers world-class performance and safety. When it comes to its variants, the Hyundai i20 comes in 24 variants and 10 stunning colours to choose from. With safety features like airbags, ABS, parking assist, ESS, the car gives due importance to the safety of both driver and passengers.
- The interiors of the Hyundai i20 are exquisite with sporty black interiors and colour inserts.
- The digital cluster of the car comes with a TFT multi-information display along with blue-coloured ambient light.
- For enhanced comfort of driver and passengers, the Hyundai i20 car comes with superior legroom and thigh support.
- The gear knob and steering wheel are wrapped with superior leather giving the interiors a premium look and feel.
- The availability of a rear smartphone pocket for the convenience of rear passengers is also present.
- Hyundai i20 car offers bold exteriors with a stunning sporty design.
- The car comes with LED projector headlamps and LED DRLs to make the exterior look more appealing.
- The front grille of the Hyundai i20 is a parametric jewel pattern grille offering a dynamic front look to the car.
- It also includes puddle lamps with the welcome function for more visibility during the night.
- The car also comes with turn indicators on outside mirrors to ensure that other drivers can see it while turning.
Specifications of Hyundai i20
|Engine Displacement (cc)||Petrol: 1197 GDi
Petrol: 998 Diesel: 1493
|Maximum power (kW [PS] @rpm)||Petrol: 83(MT) @6000, 88(IVT) @6000
Diesel: 100 @4000
GDi Petrol: 120(DCT, iMT) @6000
|Maximum torque (Nm @rpm)||Petrol: 11.7 @4200
Diesel: 24.5 @1500~2750
GDi Petrol: 17.5 @1500~4000
|Transmission mode||Manual and Automatic|
|Emission norm compliance||BS-VI|
|Fuel type||Petrol and Diesel|
|Fuel tank capacity||37 litres|
Hyundai i20 Car Model Variants with Insurance Price
|Hyundai i20 Car Model Variants||Ex-showroom Prices||Declared Value* (IDV)||Zero Depreciation* (Add-on Cover)||Estimated Hyundai i20 Car Insurance Price* (Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy)|
|Magna||Rs. 6,98,000||Rs. 2,12,889||Rs. 1,677||Rs. 3,948 onwards|
|Sportz||Rs. 7,82,000||Rs. 2,46,208||Rs. 1,940||Rs. 4,062 onwards|
|Sportz DT||Rs. 7,97,000||Rs. 3,48,750||Rs. 2,748||Rs. 4,412 onwards|
|Sportz IVT||Rs. 8,84,000||Rs. 3,87,000||Rs.3,049||Rs. 4,542 onwards|
|Sportz iMT||Rs. 8,88,600||Rs. 3,96,000||Rs. 2,972||Rs. 3,360 onwards|
|Asta||Rs. 8,93,000||Rs. 2,65,803||Rs. 2,094||Rs. 4,129 onwards|
|Sportz iVT DT||Rs. 8,99,000||Rs. 4,43,250||Rs. 3,492||Rs. 4,734 onwards|
|Sportz iMT DT||Rs. 9,03,600||Rs. 4,47,750||Rs. 3,360||Rs. 3,528 onwards|
|Asta DT||Rs. 9,08,000||Rs. 3,98,250||Rs. 3,138||Rs. 4,581 onwards|
|Asta(O)||Rs. 9,48,000||Rs. 2,61,450||Rs. 2,060||Rs. 4,114 onwards|
|Asta(O) DT||Rs. 9,63,000||Rs. 4,20,750||Rs. 3,315||Rs. 4,658 onwards|
|Asta iVT||Rs. 9,95,000||Rs. 4,36,500||Rs. 3,439||Rs. 4,711 onwards|
|Asta iMT||Rs. 9,98,600||Rs. 4,45,500||Rs. 5,569||Rs. 3,744 onwards|
|Asta iVT DT||Rs. 10,10,000||Rs. 4,43,250||Rs. 3,492||Rs. 4,734 onwards|
|Asta iMT DT||Rs.10,13,600||Rs. 4,52,250||Rs. 5,653||Rs. 3,769 onwards|
|Asta DCT||Rs. 10,81,000||Rs. 4,80,150||Rs. 6,002||Rs. 3,874 onwards|
|Asta DCT DT||Rs. 10,96,000||Rs. 4,86,900||Rs. 6,086||Rs. 3,899 onwards|
|Asta(O) DCT||Rs. 11,32,000||Rs. 5,03,100||Rs. 6,289||Rs. 3,960 onwards|
|Asta(O) DCT DT||Rs. 11,47,000||Rs. 5,09,850||Rs. 6,373||Rs. 3,985 onwards|
|DSL Magna||Rs. 8,28,600||Rs. 3,69,000||Rs. 4,613||Rs. 4,675 onwards|
|DSL Sportz||Rs. 9,08,600||Rs. 4,05,000||Rs. 5,063||Rs. 4,817 onwards|
|DSL Sportz DT||Rs. 9,23,600||Rs. 4,11,750||Rs. 5,147||Rs. 4,843 onwards|
|DSL Asta(O)||Rs. 10,68,600||Rs. 4,77,000||Rs. 5,963||Rs. 5,100 onwards|
|DSL Asta(O) DT||Rs. 10,83,600||Rs. 4,83,750||Rs. 6,047||Rs. 5,127 onwards|
Disclaimer: The Hyundai i20 car insurance price for different variants may change depending on multiple factors like add-on covers, IDV, NCB discount, registration year, etc.
Hyundai i20 Car Insurance: Inclusions
The Hyundai i20 four-wheeler insurance policy offers coverage against the following damages:
- Accidental damages to the insured car
- Damages to the insured car due to natural disasters like cyclones, earthquakes, hurricanes, landslides, etc.
- Any loss or damage sustained by the insured car due to fire, self-ignition, or explosion
- Damages to the insured car due to manmade acts like riots, strikes, and terrorist acts
- Losses due to theft, burglary, or housebreaking of the insured car
- Third-party property damage or death and injury to the third party during an accident
- Damages sustained while the car was in transit via railways, roads, waterways, elevators, or airways
Hyundai i20 Car Insurance: Exclusions
- Damages or risks that are not covered under the Hyundai i20 motor insurance policy are:
- Damages sustained by the insured car when the driver was without a valid driving license
- Any loss or damage sustained if the insured car is outside the geographical limits of the motor insurance policy
- Damages to the insured car when the driver was drunk or under the influence of drugs
- Losses or damages arising due to civil war, or nuclear peril
- Damages sustained if a private car is being driven for commercial purposes
- Loss or damage to the insured car due to general ageing, wear and tear
Hyundai i20 Car Insurance: Add-ons
You can also enhance the coverage of your Hyundai car insurance policy by purchasing additional add-on covers. These add-ons are:
- Tyre Protect Cover
- Key Replacement Cover
- Engine Protect Cover
- NCB Protect Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Consumables Cover
Add-ons for your car insurance
Bumper to Bumper Insurance
Car Accessories Cover
Compulsory Personal Accident Cover
Daily Allowance Cover
Engine Protection Cover
Key Replacement Cover
Multi-Year Car Insurance
No Claim Bonus (NCB) in Car Insurance
Personal Possessions Cover
Return To Invoice
Rim Damage Cover
Tyre Protector Cover
Voluntary Deductible in Car Insurance
Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
How to Buy Hyundai i20 Car Insurance Online?
To buy a Hyundai i20 motor insurance policy online, you can visit Policybazaar.com and follow these steps:
- Head to the ‘Insurance Products’ dropdown and visit the ‘Car Insurance’ page
- Select the option of ‘Brand New Car’ and proceed forward
- Enter car details like RTO, car variant, fuel type, and registration year
- Fill out the given form and proceed with ‘View Prices’
- Select your desired Hyundai i20 motor insurance plan along with add-ons that you wish to add
- Fill out the proposal form and proceed with ‘Secure Payment’
- Pay the Hyundai i20 four-wheeler insurance premium via bank cards, UPI, or net banking method
- Fill in the required details to receive your Hyundai i20 insurance policy papers and confirmation at your email address
How to Renew Hyundai i20 Car Insurance Online?
You can also renew your Hyundai i20 car insurance policy online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the ‘Car Insurance’ page from the ‘Insurance Products’ dropdown on Policybazaar.com.
- Enter your Hyundai i20 car number and proceed to view renewal quotes
- Select your existing motor policy expiry date and whether you have made a claim or not
- Now find the Hyundai i20 car insurance renewal plan from the given plans
- Select the add-on covers you wish to add to your four-wheeler policy
- Enter the NCB discount that you have received on the existing Hyundai i20 insurance policy
- Proceed with ‘Summary and Payment’ after filling in and verifying your details.
- Pay the car insurance renewal premium using your preferred payment method
- Once you have paid the premium, you will receive your Hyundai i20 insurance policy renewal papers at your email id.
Ans. As per the motor laws of India, at least a third-party motor insurance policy is a legal requirement for every car to ply on the roads of India.
Ans. Damages to the engine that are not due to an accident will not be covered under the Hyundai i20 motor policy. However, you can purchase an Engine Protect add-on cover to get damages sustained by your car’s engine covered
Ans. You can purchase a motor insurance policy for your Hyundai i20 car from insurance broker websites like Policybazaar.com. You can also compare car plans of multiple insurance companies and choose the one that suits your budget.
Ans. Insured Declared Value (IDV) refers to the market value of the car that you will receive during complete loss or theft of the insured car. IDV of a car is calculated by deducting the depreciation borne by the car from its current market value.
Ans. No, you will not require any document for Hyundai i20 car insurance renewal online from Policybazaar.com.
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.
Car insurance articles
19 May 2022When you buy a car, you get a temporary vehicle registration...
17 May 2022KP in car insurance refers to the Key Protect add-on cover that...
12 May 2022When it comes to transmission systems in cars, there are two...
09 May 2022A car insurance policy is not just a mandatory requirement but...
06 May 2022If you are planning to get a CNG kit fitted in your car or...