Hyundai Verna Car Insurance
If you are looking to buy a sporty and bold car, then Hyundai Verna can be the right choice for you. The car is well equipped with advanced features and offers best in class performance and safety to car owners. Hyundai Verna has also won the ‘Indian Car of the Year’ award in the year 2018. Read further to know more about the car, its features, and Hyundai Verna car insurance price.
Features of Hyundai Verna
Hyundai Verna is a 5-seater sporty sedan offering unmatched features and a super comfortable ride for Indian roads. The car comes in a petrol and diesel engine in both manual and automatic transmission. Hyundai Verna comes in 12 variants and 12 bold colours all of them offering advanced safety features like airbags, the anti-lock braking system, parking assist, burglar alarm, etc. along with comfortable and convenient seating.
- The car offers comfortable interiors with front ventilated seats.
- It also offers a cooling glove box to keep your drinks refreshing in bad weather conditions.
- A smart electric sunroof in the Hyundai Verna keeps the car protected from unwanted sun rays and bad weather.
- To help unload luggage conveniently in the dark, the car also comes with an illuminating luggage lamp.
- The multi-functional steering wheel of the car is ergonomically designed with multiple controls for an easy drive.
- The exteriors of Hyundai Verna are visually appealing with chrome grille, LED lamps and projection headlamps.
- The projector fog lamps on the exterior provide more visibility during foggy weather.
- The rear bumper on the back gives the car a more dynamic and sporty look.
- An emergency stop signal at the back helps in avoiding car collisions due to sudden braking.
- The front and rear skid plates are provided to protect the undercarriage of the car from damage.
Specifications of Hyundai Verna
|Engine displacement in CC||Petrol: 1496
GDi Petrol: 998
|Maximum power (kW [PS] @rpm)||Petrol: 84.4 kW (115 PS) @6300 r/min
Diesel: 84.6 kW (115 PS) @4000 r/min
GDi Petrol: 88.3 kW (120 PS) @6000 r/min
|Maximum torque (Nm @rpm)||Petrol: 143.8 Nm @4500 r/min
Diesel: 250 Nm @1500-2750 r/min
GDi Petrol: 172 Nm @1500-4000 r/min
|Transmission mode||Automatic and Manual|
|Fuel tank capacity||45 litres|
|Fuel type||Petrol and Diesel|
Hyundai Verna Car Model Variants with Insurance Price
|Hyundai Verna Variants (2018 Registration)||Ex-showroom Prices||Insured Declared Value* (IDV)||Zero Depreciation* (Add-on Cover)||Estimated Hyundai Verna Car Insurance Price* (Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy)|
|S+||Rs. 9,73,200||Rs. 4,32,000||Rs. 4,255||Rs. 7,511 onwards|
|E||Rs. 9,32,600||Rs. 4,14,000||Rs. 4,077||Rs. 7,332 onwards|
|SX||Rs. 11,10,990||Rs. 4,81,950||Rs. 3,797||Rs. 7,920 onwards|
|SX IVT||Rs. 12,32,990||Rs. 5,38,200||Rs. 4,241||Rs. 8,469 onwards|
|SX(O)||Rs. 12,97,500||Rs. 5,67,450||Rs. 4,471||Rs. 8,754 onwards|
|SX(O) IVT||Rs. 14,22,500||Rs. 6,23,700||Rs. 4,914||Rs. 9,302 onwards|
|SX(O) Turbo DCT||Rs. 14,27,600||Rs. 6,30,000||Rs. 4,728||Rs.7,923 onwards|
|DSL S+||Rs. 10,92,200||Rs. 4,77,000||Rs. 3,758||Rs. 7,872 onwards|
|DSL SX||Rs. 12,31,990||Rs. 2,97,784||Rs. 2,933||Rs. 6,178 onwards|
|DSL SX AT||Rs. 13,46,990||Rs. 5,94,450||Rs. 4,684||Rs. 9,017 onwards|
|DSL SX(O)||Rs. 14,21,500||Rs. 6,28,200||Rs. 4,950||Rs. 9,346 onwards|
|DSL SX AT||Rs. 15,36,500||Rs. 6,79,500||Rs. 5,354||Rs. 9,846 onwards|
*Disclaimer: The Hyundai Verna car insurance price for different variants may change depending on factors like Insured Declared Value, add-on covers, car registration year, engine capacity, etc.
Hyundai Verna Car Insurance: Inclusions
The Hyundai Verna car insurance offers coverage against the following damages sustained by the insured car:
- Damages due to manmade acts, such as riots, strikes, or terrorist activity.
- Loss due to car theft, housebreaking, or burglary.
- Loss to the insured car due to natural disasters, such as cyclones, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc.
- Damages to the insured car due to fire, explosion, or self-ignition.
- Any third party accidental property damage or injury and death of the third party.
- Damages when the insured car is in-transit via road, rail, water, or air.
- Loss or damages due to an accident of the insured car
Hyundai Verna Car Insurance: Exclusions
The risks that are not covered under Hyundai car insurance are mentioned below:
- Damages to the insured car due to drunk driving or being under the influence of drugs.
- Losses due to regular wear and tear or depreciation over years.
- Damages due to mechanical or electrical failure of the insured car.
- Damages caused when the insured car was being used for purposes other than mentioned in the policy. For e.g., using a private car for commercial purposes.
- Damages to the insured car due to civil war or nuclear attacks.
- Any damage to the insured car when driven outside the specified geographical area.
- Damages sustained by the insured car when it was being driven without a valid driving license.
Hyundai Verna Car Insurance: Add-ons
The coverage of a Hyundai Verna motor insurance policy can be enhanced by purchasing add-on covers at an additional premium. These add-on covers are:
- Nil Depreciation Cover
- Engine Protect Cover
- Tyre Protect Cover
- Personal Baggage Cover
- Consumables Cover
- NCB Protect Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
Explore add-ons for your car insurance
How to Buy Hyundai Verna Car Insurance Online?
To purchase a Hyundai car insurance policy online, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited
- From the Insurance Products dropdown, select the ‘Car Insurance’ page.
- Select the option of ‘Proceed without a car number’ or with ‘Brand New Car’
- Enter your RTO, car model, car registration year, etc. and proceed forward
- Enter your personal details like name, email, and mobile number
- From the given Hyundai Verna insurance plans, find the plan as per your requirements.
- Select any add-on cover that you wish to have in your car insurance policy
- Now proceed with filling out the proposal form
- Select the ‘Pay Securely’ option
- Once the premium has been verified, you can pay the premium amount.
- After payment completion, fill in the required details to receive your Hyundai Verna motor insurance policy papers along with the purchase confirmation at your email id.
How to Renew Hyundai Verna Car Insurance Online?
For Hyundai Verna insurance renewal online, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- On Policybazaar.com, visit the ‘Car Insurance’ page from the ‘Insurance Products’ menu.
- In the given form, enter your car number and view renewal quotes.
- Fill in the given form and proceed forward
- Select your existing policy expiry date and previous claim details
- Find Hyundai Verna car insurance renewal plans from the mentioned plans
- Select add-ons at an additional premium amount
- Select the NCB reward of your existing car policy
- Proceed with the premium payment process
- Once the premium has been verified, you can make the payment via the preferred payment mode.
- After payment completion, your Hyundai Verna insurance renewal will be complete. You will receive your renewal policy papers at your registered mail address.
Q1. I have a second-hand Hyundai Verna car. Will I still need car insurance?
Ans. Yes, you will be required to have at least a third-party liability-only car insurance policy for your second-hand car. Whether your Hyundai Verna is brand new or second-hand, it is mandatory to have a motor insurance policy as per the motor laws of India.
Q2. Can I reduce the premium of my Hyundai car insurance?
Ans. Yes, you can reduce the premium of your Hyundai Verna motor insurance policy by:
- Retaining your NCB
- Not buying unnecessary add-ons
- Opting for voluntary deductibles
- Installing anti-theft devices
- Comparing car insurance policy online on websites like Policybazaar.com
- Becoming a member of the Automobile Association of India.
Q3. Do I need any documents to claim my Hyundai car insurance?
Ans. Yes, you will require the following documents to make a claim under Hyundai Verna motor insurance:
- Copy of car insurance papers
- Copy of valid driving license
- Copy of car Registration Certificate
- Estimates of repairs
- Repair bills
- Copy of Police FIR
Q4. Can I renew my Hyundai Verna car insurance policy online as well?
Ans. Yes, you can renew your Hyundai motor insurance policy online on Policybazaar.com. You can also compare plans from different insurers on Policybazaar.com before buying.
Q5. How does the No Claim Bonus work for my Hyundai car insurance?
Ans. No Claim Bonus is a discount given when you renew your car insurance policy if you have not made a claim in the previous policy year. You can earn up to a 50% NCB discount on policy renewal for 5 consecutive claim-free years.
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Car insurance articles
30 Mar 2023Car insurance is a mandatory requirement for all cars plying on
22 Mar 2023When an unanticipated road accident occurs, filing a car insurance
20 Mar 2023A car's ownership is usually transferred if the car is sold to a
16 Mar 2023Due to their diverse benefits such as lower fuel economy and low
15 Mar 2023With an aim to phase out unfit and polluting vehicles, the