Mahindra Thar Variants with Car Insurance Price
Find below the different variants of Mahindra Thar and their motor insurance prices:
|Mahindra Thar Variants
|Ex-Showroom Prices||Insured Declared Value*
|Zero Depreciation Price*
|Estimated Mahindra Thar Insurance Price*
(3 TP+ 1 OD car insurance)
|AX RWD Diesel||Rs. 10,54,500||Rs. 10,01,775||Rs. 3,289||Rs. 17,213 onwards|
|AX 4WD Petrol||Rs. 13,87,800||Rs. 13,18,410||Rs. 4,535||Rs. 42,402 onwards|
|AX Diesel 4WD||Rs. 14,49,001||Rs. 13,76,551||Rs. 4,735||Rs. 42,992 onwards|
|LX Diesel RWD||Rs. 12,04,500||Rs. 11,44,275||Rs. 3,757||Rs. 23,638 onwards|
|LX Petrol RWD||Rs. 13,49,000||Rs. 12,81,550||Rs. 4,409||Rs. 42,029 onwards|
|LX Petrol 4WD||Rs. 14,56,301||Rs. 13,83,486||Rs. 4,759||Rs. 43,063 onwards|
*Disclaimer: The Mahindra Thar insurance cost for different variants may vary per the registration year, make, model, claim history, coverage type, etc. The quotes mentioned above are for a 2023 car registered under DL1 RTO.
Features of Mahindra Thar
With an attention-grabbing design language that boasts an aggressive road presence, the Mahindra Thar is a complete head-turner. It is the only car in its segment to feature an option to choose between hard/soft/convertible rooftop.
Following are some of the salient highlights of the car:
- The interiors of Mahindra Thar are very luxurious and comfortable.
- The car comes with sporty front seats, reclinable rear seats, and roof-mounted speakers.
- To help you stay connected with the outdoors, the car comes with a Touchscreen, Tyretronic and many other connectivity features.
- Some of the safety features of the car include ESP and ABS, built-in interior roll cage, dual front airbags and much more.
- The Mahindra Thar has received a 4-star Global NCAP rating in adult and child safety.
- The SUV comes with a new distinctive front grille featuring classic round headlamps.
- The SUV offers great style with its Sinister Silver 45.72 cm R18 alloy wheels.
- The Mahindra Thar has also been rated 4 stars for adult and child safety by the Global NCAP ratings
Specifications of Mahindra Thar Car
|Engine type||mHawk, D117 CRDe, mStallion 150 TGDi|
|Displacement (CC)||2184, 1497, 1997|
|Max power (kW @ r/min)||97@3750|
|Max torque (Nm@rpm)||300@1600-2800|
|Transmission type||Manual 6-speed + AMT 6-speed|
|Fuel tank capacity (L)||57|
Mahindra Thar Car Insurance Policy: Inclusions
Your insurer will provide coverage with the Mahindra Thar car insurance under the following circumstances:
- Bodily damage or injuries sustained by a third party in the damage
- Damage inflicted by a third party’s vehicle or property by the insured vehicle
- Death or permanent disability of the third person
- Total loss of the insured vehicle in an accident or due to theft or burglary
- Total damage or loss sustained by your car in a road accident or collision
- Total loss of insured car due to fire, explosion
- Damage caused to the insured vehicle due to cyclones, storms, earthquakes, floods, etc.
- Man Made damage due to vandalism, fire, strikes, riots, etc.
Mahindra Thar Car Insurance Policy: Exclusions
The following circumstances are not covered under a Mahindra Thar car insurance policy:
- Driving while under the influence of drugs, alcohol, and other intoxicants
- Damages to the insured SUV when driving without a valid driving license
- Damage sustained by car due to war or nuclear activities
- Damage sustained by the insured vehicle outside the specified geographical location
- Depreciation of the car’s parts
- Regular wear and tear of the car
- Mechanical/electrical breakdown of the insured four-wheeler
- Fraudulent claim filing using staged accidents
Mahindra Thar Car Insurance Policy: Add-Ons
Add-on covers extend the overall protection of a comprehensive car insurance plan by providing enhanced coverage. You can opt for add-on covers during purchase or car insurance renewal.
The following are the most commonly purchased add-on covers for the Mahindra car insurance policy:
- Nil/Zero-Depreciation Cover
- Engine and Gearbox Protection Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- NCB Protect Cover
- Tyre Protection Cover
- Passenger Cover
- Key Replacement Cover
Explore add-ons for your car insurance
How to Buy/Renew Mahindra Thar Car Insurance Policy Online?
Follow the steps mentioned below to conveniently buy Mahindra Thar car insurance online from Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited:
- Visit the official website of Policybazaar.com and select “Car Insurance” from the homepage
- Provide your car number in the form, or proceed without the car number
- Enter the car’s details, such as RTO location, registration year, and fuel type.
- Fill in the given registration form.
- Choose the type of Mahindra Thar car insurance plan you prefer to buy, along with additional covers
- Pay the premium via online payment modes.
Once successful, your insurer will share the car insurance policy documents on the provided email ID.
Mahindra Thar Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: The best way to buy the best car insurance for Mahindra Thar is to compare several plans online before you buy car insurance. You can conveniently compare car insurance online from Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited by simply visiting our official website.
Ans: It is always advised to buy comprehensive car insurance for a new vehicle as it provides multiple benefits under a single plan. Comprehensive car insurance not only helps you drive your car legally but also provides extensive coverage against the damages caused to a third party, your car, and you as well.
Q3. Can I switch from third-party car insurance to comprehensive car insurance at the time of renewal of Mahindra car insurance?
Ans: Yes, it is possible to upgrade your car insurance plan from a third-party to comprehensive at the time of car insurance renewal.
Ans: Yes, any type of car insurance policy that is purchased from an IRDAI-registered insurance company, whether issued online or offline, is considered valid and legal as long as the plan has not expired.
Ans: Yes, according to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, every owner-driver in India is compulsorily required to carry a valid car insurance policy while driving on the road.
Ans: No, it is not required to buy a new motor insurance plan if a used car already has an unexpired car insurance plan.
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Car insurance articles
05 Dec 2023Investing in a hatchback can be a great option if you are looking
29 Nov 2023Considering the population of rats in our country, it is common to
29 Sep 2023The concept of Own Damage(OD) is not a new one. For those of us
29 Sep 2023Filing a motor insurance claim can be a complex process, and
29 Sep 2023To continue receiving coverage benefits, it's necessary to renew
Explore more Mahindra models
- Mahindra Scorpio Car Insurance
- Mahindra Bolero Car Insurance
- Mahindra XUV300 Car Insurance
- Mahindra XUV700 Car Insurance
- Mahindra XUV500 Car Insurance
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT Car Insurance
- Mahindra Marazzo Car Insurance
- Mahindra Verito Car Insurance
- Mahindra Alturas G4 Car Insurance
- Mahindra Xylo Car Insurance
- Mahindra TUV Car Insurance