The Transport Department of Cuttack or RTO Cuttack was formed to carry out the provisions of the Indian Motor Vehicles Act 1988. The department ensures successful implementation of road safety measures and laws laid down in the Act, which is the supreme authority when it comes to transportation. RTO Cuttack functions under the jurisdiction of Odisha Transport Department. With nearly around 50 lakh registered vehicles in the state, managing the administrative machinery requires a multidisciplinary approach. In this regard, the various RTOs spread over the various parts of the state perform their fair set of responsibilities to ensure optimum facility to the people. RTO Cuttack is also contributing its share of responsibility incidentally.
Functioning of RTO Cuttack
The various responsibilities of RTO Cuttack include:
- Issuing driving license to learners
- Issuing permanent license
- Issuing temporary registration number
- Issuing permanent registration number
- Collection of all types of road tax and penalties
- Issuing NOC in case of inter-state vehicle delivery
- Issuance of national permits to commercial vehicles
- Issuance of stage carriage permit
- Other applicable fees for applying for DL, RC, change of address in RC, vehicle ownership transfer etc.
RTO Cuttack Details
The details of RTO Cuttack is as follows:
Types of Vehicle Registration in Cuttack
Similar to other cities in Odisha, there are two types of vehicle registration process to be followed in Cuttack; Temporary and Permanent Registration.
Temporary Registration: Temporary registration is a type of registration that is offered for a limited period. The vehicle owner can use this number for 7 days or a maximum of one month. However, this requires an approval. Temporary registration number can be availed at the time of buying a two wheeler or four wheeler where the dealer completes all the formalities. Starting from collecting the documents to submitting these to the RTO office, everything is done through the dealer. However, one has to apply for the permanent RC before the temporary RC expires.
Permanent Registration: As temporary registration is a deal for a limited period, one has to apply for register his/her vehicle permanently and collect the permanent RC. This can be done by approaching the concerned RTO officer. The vehicles plying on the roads of Cuttack has to be registered with permanent registration process by applying on a form and submitting with the relevant documents. The concerned officer will inspect the vehicle and verify the documents before issuing the registration number.
How to Register a Vehicle in Cuttack?
Getting registered one’s vehicle is easy in Cuttack. The supreme authority to be approached is RTO Cuttack who further initiates the registration process. An application shall be made to register the vehicle and submit along with the following documents. The vehicle has to be taken for an inspection as well.
How to Renew Registration Certificate in Aurangabad?
Every registration certificate needs a timely renewal one it is expired. Usually, RC is valid for 15 years only. Once the registration card is expired, the vehicle owner is no more authorised to use this card. If he/she is caught driving a vehicle without a valid RC, there is no way out but paying a huge penalty. So, timely renewal of RC is essential to avoid those unnecessary fines. To renew an RC, an application should be made by approaching the RTO Aurangabad. A vehicle inspection will be done at RTO point and after verifying everything, the concerned officer will renew the RC.
Documents Required for Registering a Vehicle with RTO Cuttack
The vehicle owner will need the below documents, dully attached with the application form:
- Application in Form 20
- Form 21/Sales Certificate from the dealer
- Form 22/road worthiness certificate from the manufacturer stating that the vehicle is in condition to be driven on the roads
- Form 34/for loan hypothecation
- Vehicle insurance certificate
- STA approval on the vehicle design will be required if it is a semi-trailer or trailer vehicle
- Age and address proof documents of the owner
- Applicable application fee
- Proof of paid road tax
- Customs clearance certificate in case of imported vehicle
- Passport size photographs of the applicant
The above-mentioned documentation is somehow essential to get a vehicle registered with RTO Cuttack. One can avail the desired registration number only after successful submission of these documents and of course after proper inspection of the vehicle. These documents may vary from state to state or the Registering Authority may ask for additional documents. One can make the application online as well by visiting the official website or can download the application form online and submit to the RTO office. The registration number will be issued after verifying the received documents. The permanent registration card will be sent via post to the registered mailing address of the owner.
Renewal of Registration Certificate in Cuttack
A registration card needs to be renewed in every 15 years, as one can’t use this card not more than this with first-time registration. The renewal should be done at least 60 days prior to the date of actual expiry. An application should be made in the Form no 25 and submitted to the RTO Cuttack
Documents Required for Renewal of RC in Cuttack
- Form 25/application form
- PUC certificate
- NOC obtained from the financer in case of loan hypothecation
- Age and address proof of the vehicle owner
- Insurance document of the vehicle
- Passport size photographs of the owner
Transfer of Ownership in Cuttack
Change of ownership is essential in case of inter-state vehicle transfer or if it is sold to someone else. In order to transfer vehicle ownership, an application shall be made in Form 29 along with a NOC from the state authority in case of inter-state transfer
Documents Required for RC Ownership Transfer in Cuttack
- Form No. 29 and 30
- Registration Certificate
- Proof of address of the owner
- No Objection Certificate (NOC)
- Insurance document of the vehicle
- Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUC)
- Tax payment receipt
- Applicable fee
Availing Duplicate RC in Cuttack
Availing duplicate RC is essential in case of damage or loss of the original one. To avail a duplicate RC, the vehicle owner has to apply in an application and submit along with the following documents:
Documents Required for availing Duplicate RC in Cuttack
- Form no 26
- Original Police FIR in case of loss
- Valid insurance policy (attested copy)
- Pollution under Control Certificate (attested copy)
- Address proof of the owner (attested copy)
- Challan clearance slip from the traffic police
- Enforcement wing Transport Department in case of commercial vehicles
- Proof of paid tax (in case of commercial vehicle)
- Copy of PAN Card or Form 60 & 61(attested copy)
Updating a New Address in RC in Cuttack
When a vehicle owner changes his residential address, the same has to be updated in the registration certificate as well. The process can be done by applying to the RTO Cuttack with required documents:
Documents Required to Make a Change in Address to RC
- Filled application Form 33
- Original Registration Certificate
- Address proof of the applicant
- Aadhaar Card
How to Avail Vehicle Insurance in Cuttack?
Insuring one’s vehicle is as important as registering a vehicle. When it comes to buying insurance in Cuttack, the state offers a handful of insurance companies with exciting plans. The best part is that all the insurance companies have made their services available online where one can check the plans and compare as per the requirement. Online insurance helps the insurance seekers to buy after thorough research of a particular insurance company.
This is the easiest way to get a plan where one can buy even lying on the bed or seating in office. The post-sale services are also obtainable online, availing which is just a matter of a few clicks. So, one can approach the various insurance companies in Cuttack either online or offline and secure his/her prize possession against an unfortunate event.