The regional transport office of Gandhinagar or RTO Gandhinagar was established to carrying out the provisions laid down in the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The main responsibility of the department is to ensure efficient transport facility for the common people. It functions under the jurisdiction of Gujarat Transport Department and headed by the Transport Commissioner. Among the various undertakings, registering every vehicle plying on the roads of the city is the foremost task of RTO Gandhinagar.
Functions of RTO Gandhinagar
The various functions of RTO Gandhinagar include:
- Issuance of learners DL
- Issuance and renewal of permanent DL
- Issuance and renewal of registration certificate
- Issuance of duplicate RC
- Transfer of vehicle ownership
- Updating a new address to the RC
- Issuance of national permits
- Collection of IMV fees and road taxes
- Issue vehicle fitness certificate to commercial vehicles
- Ensure road safety measures
- Issuance no objection certificate for transfer of vehicle ownership
RTO Gandhinagar Details:
The details of Gandhinagar RTO is as mentioned below:
|RTO Name||RTO Code||RTO Address||RTO Contact Details|
|RTO Gandhinagar||GJ-18||The Regional Transport Officer ( ARTO ), Sec-3A, Near G0 Circle, Gandhinagar, Gujarat – 382421||91-79232-40954/61976|
How to Register a Vehicle in Gandhinagar?
Carrying a Registration Certificate is compulsory in India while driving. RC is an essential document that indicates that a vehicle is registered with the concerned RTO, against which a Smart Card is allotted to the vehicle owner. This card contains the below information
- Vehicle Registration Number
- Date of Registration
- Vehicle Engine Number
- Vehicle Chassis Number
- Vehicle colour
- Model of the vehicle
- Seating Capacity
- Model Number
This means it is impossible to fool a cop. So, it is better having a registered vehicle.
The process of getting permanent RC copy
In order to avail a permanent RC, the following steps are to be followed:
- A proper application in Form 20 shall be made and submit to the RTO Gandhinagar
- If the vehicle is registered temporarily, the permanent RC has to be obtained before the Temporary RC expires.
- In case the vehicle is bought on loan, the owner needs to furnish required documents in support of the same
- The next step is to select the RC number and pay the registration fee as per the Rule 81 of the MV Act
- Moreover, a vehicle inspection will be done by the RTO officer at the time of allotting the RC number.
Documents Required to Avail Permanent RC Book
The documents to be produced are:
- Form 20/application for permanent registration
- Form 21/Sales Certificate from the dealer stating about the purchase
- Form 22/Roadworthiness Certificate from the manufacturer
- In case the vehicle body is fabricated, the owner needs to furnish form 22 A.
- Address proof of the vehicle owner
- In case of a trailer or semi-trailer vehicles, the owner needs to submit a copy of design approved from the STA
- If the vehicle is used in the army earlier, the Sales Certificate needs to be submitted to the RTO Gujarat.
Process of Getting Temporary RC in Gandhinagar
A temporary RC can be availed at the time of buying a vehicle. The application process can be done with the dealer itself through Dealer’s Point Registration. Temporary RC is given for a limited period within which the owner has to apply for the permanent one.
How to Renew Registration Certificate in Gandhinagar?
In order to remain in the good book of the traffic police or avoid penalties, one has to renew the RC on time. As per the rule of Motor Vehicles Act, no one can drive a vehicle with an expired RC. To renew a registration certificate, an application shall be made in Form no 25 and submit to the RTO Gandhinagar with the following documents:
- Form No. 25/application for renewal of RC
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle
- Insurance document
- Pollution under Control (PUC) Certificate
- Road tax receipt
- Any address proof of vehicle owner
- An inspection of the vehicle will also be done
How to Get a Duplicate Registration Certificate in Gandhinagar
A vehicle owner can obtain a duplicate copy of RC Book if the original copy has been lost. To apply for a duplicate RC Book, the owner needs to fill the Form 26 and submit the below documents to the RTO Gandhinagar:
- Police report
- No Objection Certificate obtained from the financer
- Address proof, Insurance Certificate, and PUC Certificate if the vehicle is purchased through a loan
- The applicant needs to pay a fee of Rs. 30 for bike and Rs. 100 for car
Transferring of Ownership in Gandhinagar
Transfer of vehicle ownership is called as RC Transfer, which is necessary if a vehicle is bought from a state other than Gujarat. The process of transfer should be initiated within 14 days of vehicle delivery by directly approaching the RTO Gandhinagar. A proper application form is required to be submitted along with the relevant documents:
- Form 19 and 30 with a print of chassis number with a pencil
- Form 31 in case of inheritance change
- Form 32 in case of auction
- Original Registration Certificate
- Pollution Under Control Certificate
- Along with the application form, one needs to submit original RC Book, PUC certificate, vehicle insurance copy, address and identity proof
- The applicant needs to pay a fee of Rs. 30 for bike and Rs. 100 for cars as a transfer fee.
- Transfer tax applicable at 15% of original lump sum tax. In case the vehicle is more than 8 years old, tax at 1% or Rs. 100 whichever is higher.
How to Change Address in RC Book
Reasons for changing an address can be manifold. However, the new address needs to be updated in the RC Book as well. To update a new address in the RC book the below documents are required:
- Form 33 along with chassis print
- NOC from the financer in case of loan hypothecation
- Original RC Book
- Vehicle insurance copy
- PUC Certificate
- Address proof
- Applicable fee for change of address
How to Get Vehicle Insurance in Gandhinagar
Being a commercial and industrial hub, the state of Gujarat has left no stone unturned when it comes to follow the rules and regulations. If talking about vehicles rules, having insurance for the vehicle is mandatory and the state has made every possible measure to ensure that maximum of vehicle has been insured. Availing vehicle insurance is not difficult in the various city of Gujarat. When the economy of the state is growing and due to the upshot of liberalization, this place is home to many top industries. When in Gandhinagar, there are a number of insurance companies offering their services actively. One can approach these companies by visiting the official website or by visiting the nearest branch and inquire about the insurance plans. However, online insurance will benefits with the comparison option, where one can buy after being fully informed about the company and a plan.