Regional Transport Office of Ghaziabad or RTO Ghaziabad was founded with the aim of ensuring efficient transport facility to the city. This performs under the provisions of Section 213(1) of the Indian Motor Vehicles Act 1988. The department is headed by the Transport Commissioner. The department aims at building efficient, safe and affordable road transport facility. Among the various responsibilities- registering the vehicles, issuance of driving licenses and permits, collection of road taxes etc. to name a few.
Functions of Ghaziabad RTO
RTO Ghaziabad performs the below tasks:
- Issue learner/permanent/duplicate driving license
- Conducting driving tests
- Issuance and renewal of an the international driving license
- Issuance of national permits
- Issue of vehicle fitness certificate
- Renewal or issuance of radio cab vehicle registration
- Permits for goods carriage
- Inspect vehicles at the check post
- Ensure road safety measures
- Collection of road taxes and penalties
Ghaziabad RTO Details
|RTO Name||RTO Code||RTO Address||RTO Contact Details|
|RTO Ghaziabad||UP 14||B35, Block B, Industrial Area, Bulandshahr Road Industrial Area, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh 201001||0120 270 3888|
How to Register a Vehicle with RTO Ghaziabad?
In order to ensure a smooth and safe drive, one must obey the rules laid down in the Motor Vehicles Act, which are further implemented by the Transport Department of every state. The UP Transport Department entrusts its RTOs the responsibility of ensuring efficient transport facility to the common people. Registering every vehicle to the concerned RTO is compulsory for every vehicle owner. An owner can get his/her vehicle registered with temporary or permanent registration. The temporary registration is legitimate for a limited period or a maximum of one month. One can avail temporary registration from the dealer at the time of buying a vehicle. The documentation will be initiated by the dealer and completed with the RTO Ghaziabad.
Documents Required for Temporary Vehicle Registration
- Form-20/ application for registration the vehicle
- Form-21/Sales Certificate
- Form 22/Road worthiness of the vehicle by the Manufacturer
- PAN Card details
- Address proof of the owner
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- Passport photographs
Permanent Vehicle Registration Process in Uttar Pradesh
As one can pursue with a temporary registration for lifetime, registering a vehicle for a permanent RC is mandatory. The process can be initiated before the temporary RC expires by applying in a form and submit to the RTO Ghaziabad, with the below documents:
- Form no. 20/application form. It can be downloaded from the official website of UP Transport Department or from the RTO Office
- Form 21/Sales Certificate from the dealer stating about the purchase
- Form 22/Road worthiness Certificate from the manufacturer stating that the vehicle is at per with the road safety rules and worthiness
- Form 34/ signed by the financer in case the vehicle is bought on loan
- Temporary RC, if it is registered already
- Applicable registration fee
The vehicle will have to produce to the RTO office for inspection. After verifying the documents and assessing the vehicle, the Registering Authority will distribute the registration number.
Renewal of Vehicle Registration in Ghaziabad
Following 15 years from the date of first registration, the vehicle owner must re-register his/her prized possession with the concerned RTO. The UP Transport Department also makes it mandatory for every vehicle plying on the roads of Ghaziabad city to be re-registered once the actual RC expires. The process will take a simple application in the Form no 25 and submitting the same to the RTO Ghaziabad. the below is the rundown of documents to be submitted along with the application form:
- Duly filled application form no. 25
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- PUC Certificate
- Applicable fee
Process of Issuing Duplicate RC in Ghaziabad
As one must not dare to drive a vehicle without a valid RC, in case of a loss of the original one, the owner can apply for duplicate RC. The application for issuing a duplicate RC can be filled and submitted to the RTO Ghaziabad, along with the supporting documents. The entire process may takes 5 working days and duplicate RC will be allotted after verifying the documents and paying the required fee.
Documents Required for Duplicate RC
- Form No. 26/application for duplicate RC
- Police FIR in case of loss
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the financer in case the vehicle is purchased on loan
- Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate
Transfer of Vehicle Ownership
If someone wishes to sale a vehicle, the ownership of the Registration Card has to be transferred to the buyer as well. This can be initiated by filling an application with the RTO Ghaziabad. The required Form No. 29 can be downloaded from the official website of the UP Transport Department, fill and submit to the concerned RTO, accompanying with the below documents:
- Form 29/Application for initiating RC Transfer (in copy)
- Properly filled Form-30 if the vehicle is hypothecated
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Vehicle Insurance Document
- Any of the address proof such as Voter ID< Ration Card, Utility bill, LIC document, Passport etc.
- Passport sized photographs of the owner
- NOC from the financer in case the vehicle is bought on loan
- Paid road tax receipt
How to Avail Vehicle Insurance in Ghaziabad?
As per the recent data of UP Transport Department, approx 23,80,935 vehicles were registered in the year 2017. Saying that we believe most of them are insured as well. Vehicle insurance is important as it mitigates the financial burden in case of an emergency that could bring a big hole in someone’s pocket. With an insurance, the repair expenses will be on the insurance company. One can avail cashless services at the network garages where the services are to be offered free of cost or the repair expenses are directly settled by the insurance company. As the city is growing day by day in terms of infrastructure and technology, finding vehicle insurance in Ghaziabad might not be difficult. One can approach the various insurance companies actively functional in the city. In this regard, online insurance can be the best beat. It helps the insurance seekers to have a quick view of the insurers, compare the plans and buy. One an save time and money by purchaisng online.