RTO Gurgaon operates under The Transport Department of Haryana, founded under Sec. 213 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
The major role is to maintain an environment friendly and effective transport system in the state. Moreover, it ensures swift implementation of all the rules and regulations as per the Motor Vehicles Act.
Key services provided by RTO Gurgaon are- vehicle registration in the city, issuance of the driving license, implementation of road safety rules and regulations. The functions of the RTO are mentioned in detail below-
Functions of RTO Gurgaon
- Issuance of fitness certificate for transport vehicles
- Moto vehicle registration
- Renewal/grant of permits to transport vehicles
- Issuance of driving license
- Issuance of conductor licenses
- Issuing driving license for driving schools
- Pollution check
- Introducing stage carriage schemes
- Collection of fees and taxes
- Road safety promotion
- Enforcement of the provisions as per motor vehicles act
Contact Details of RTO Gurgaon
|RTO||Code||RTO Office Address||Phone||Timing|
|Gurgaon||HR-55||RTO, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122001||91-124-222 4444||9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (Monday to Friday)|
|North Gurgaon||HR-26||RTO, SDM (North) Gurgaon, Ground Floor Mini Secretariat, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122018||91-124-2321808 / 2224444||9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (Monday to Friday)|
|South Gurgaon||HR 72||The Regional Transport Office, SDM Gurgaon, Vikas Sadan, Opposite Mini Secretariat, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122018||+91-124-222 5042||9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (Monday to Friday)|
Types of Vehicle Registration in Gurgaon
There are two types of vehicle registration that are available-
1. Temporary Vehicle Registration – Temporary vehicle registration is granted to vehicles that need to be transported to another state. It is issued within 3 days approx. after examining the vehicle and is valid only for a period of one month.
2. Permanent Vehicle Registration - It is mandatory to get your vehicle permanently registered per the Sec. 39 of the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. To be able to drive it on the roads, it is recommended that you submit your application in the nearest RTO office within 7 days of the purchase.
Documents Required for a Temporary RC from the Gurgaon Transport Department -
Following documents need to be submitted to get a temporary RC:
- Application Form 20 (extra copy in case of hypothecation)
- Form21 for Sales declaration
- Form-60/61 from the Income Tax Dpt. Or PAN card
- Form 22 from the manufacturer - Pollution Under Control and Declaration of Roadworthiness
- Address Proof - Ration Card/ Voter ID/
- Applicant Declaration that is checked by a First Class Judicial Magistrate or Notary, Executive
- Motor Insurance Certificate
- Passport size photographs
Documents required for a Permanent RC from the Gurgaon Transport Department
Following documents need to be submitted at the nearest RTO Office to get a permanent RC:
- Form 21 for Sales confirmation
- Certificate of Motor Insurance
- Lifetime charges apply to non-transport vehicles
- Pan card or Form 60/61 from the Income Tax (IT) Department
- Form 22 from the maker, and certificate of roadworthiness and pollution control
- Address proof with voter id/ ration card/LIC policy/ Temporary RC/ Notary approved declaration/
- Application Form 20 (an extra copy in case the vehicle is with hypothecation)
How to Register a Motor Vehicle in Gurgaon?
The process and documents required vary based on the registration requirement. The process to register a vehicle in Gurgaon under different scenarios is described below-
Process for Vehicle Registration in Gurgaon
The process to register your vehicle goes as follows-
1. File Preparation – Once you get the fitness certificate form, fill all the forms after downloading them online from the Haryana Transport Department website and pay the fees. Then you can submit all the duly filled forms and documents at the nearest Gurgaon RTO Office.
If not online, you can visit their office and get it filled by an operator for you and then submit it at the counter.
2. File verification – All your forms and documents will be verified at the RTA office. In case the file is rejected, you will be a given a deficiency slip with the reasons for denial and corrective measures.
3. File submission - The file needs to be submitted at the counter and then you can pay tax and fees.
4. Document delivery - RC along with fitness Certificate will be delivered to you by post.
Documents Required for Registering a New Motor Vehicle in RTO Gurgaon
The forms and documents required to apply the registration are as follows:-
- Certificate of Motor Insurance
- Address/Business Proof
- Citizenship Proof
- Vehicle Invoice
- PAN Card/Form 60
- Customs clearance certificate for imported vehicles
- NOC from Taxation Department & Excise for vehicles purchased from other States
- Form 20/ application form
- Form 21/ sale certificate
- Form 22 / roadworthiness certificate
- Form 22A ( if the vehicle is fabricated after purchase
- Form 34 (in case of lease/hire/hypothecation
- Form 28 (for re-registration of the vehicle from another State).
- Temporary RC (if any)
How to Renew Vehicle Registration Certificate?
The registration of a private vehicle is valid for 15 years and after that, it needs to be renewed. The application of renewal should be sent to the Regional Transport Officer before 60 days of the date of its expiry. A physical evaluation of the vehicle is required before the renewal.
Here’s a list of documents that you will need to renew your vehicle RC -
- Vehicle RC
- Duly filled form 25
- PUC Certificate
- Certificate of Vehicle Insurance
- Charge receipt
How to Get a Duplicate Registration Certificate?
In case your original RC is lost or damaged, you can apply for a duplicate RC after submitting the following documents to RTO Gurgaon:
- Form 26/ Application (in duplicate and one duly attested copy and one duplicate copy along with an endorsement from the financier)
- Attested copy of your motor insurance policy
- FIR ( Original copy)
- Attested copy of pollution check certificate
- Address proof ( attested copy)
- Tax clearance certificate ( in case of commercial vehicles)
- Challan clearance ( in case of commercial vehicles)
- PAN Card or Form 60 & Form 61 (as applicable)
*You can get your copies attested by notary public MLA/ or a Gazetted officer
How to Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Gurgaon?
As per the Right to Service Commission of Haryana, vehicle ownership can be transferred within 7 days. Steps to transfer the vehicle ownership are as follows-
- File Preparation - Either you can visit the nearest RTO Gurgaon office, where an operator can fill the forms online for you. And then you can attach all the documents along with the filled form. Or you can fill the form online and make the payment on their online portal. Take a print out of the filled forms and submit it along with all the documents.
- File Verification - An RLA clerk will physically verify your files. If the file is rejected, a deficiency slip will be given to you along with the reason of rejection and corrective measures.
- File Submission - Submit your file along with the fees at the counter. An on-the-spot photo will also be clicked for this purpose.
- Document Delivery - You will receive your registration certificate via speed post.
Documents Required To Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Gurgaon
For transferring the vehicle ownership within the same State, the following documents are required-
- The transferee to file an application in Form 30
- Address proof
- Ownership transfer notice by the transferor in Form 29
- Insurance certificate
- Registration certificate
- Consent of the financier ( in case of lease/hire/purchase/ hypothecation agreement)
- Fees as mentioned as per the rule 81 Central Motor Vehicles Rules
Additional documents required for transferring the ownership of a motor vehicle registered outside the State-
Apart from the above-mentioned documents, the following documents are also required in this case:
- Declaration u/s 50(1) of the MV Act, 1988 or a No Objection Certificate from the registering authority in Form 28
- Receipt is given by the registering authority u/s 48(2)
How to Update Address on Registration Certificate with RTO Gurgaon?
A change in the address of the vehicle owner should be updated in the RC. For this purpose, an application needs to be sent to a Motor Vehicle Inspector Grade I or a Regional Transport officer.
Following documents are required to change your address in-vehicle RC-
- Original RC
- Form 33
- Registered owner’s address proof ( attested copy)
- Valid vehicle insurance copy ( attested copy)
- Form 60-61 or Pan Card ( attested copy)
- PUC certificate ( attested copy)
If hypothecation of the vehicle is endorsed in the RC, a NOC from the financer is required for a change of address in the RC.
Registration for Private vehicles (Non-Transport vehicles)
Any vehicle that is from a dealer is eligible for registration. Usually, the RC is prepared within 7 days of the request.
The detailed procedure is as follows-
- The dealer will ask for all the documents from you as listed under rule 4 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989.
- On your behalf, the dealer will submit Form 20/ Registration Application online to the concerned registration authority.
- The dealer will deposit the fees (as applicable) and then a permanent registration number will be allotted to the Motor vehicle.
- The registration fee will be charged by the dealer as per rule 81 of Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989.
- Taxes Dealer will be charged by the dealer as per the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 and as per the amendments in the Haryana MV Taxation Act.
- The owner of the vehicle needs to deposit the application fee along with receipts for affixation of High-Security Registration Plates with the dealer.
- The dealer will take care of the file work and submit the hard copy to the Registration Authority
- Once permanent registration number is allotted from the VAHAN software, the dealer will make the payment to the HSRP Vendor.
- Furthermore, the dealer will confirm the affixation of High-security number plates (HSRP) in the software provided by the HSRP Vendor’s software. Further, it will get in sync with VAHAN (NIC server). Only then the RC will be issued to the dealer.
Government of Haryana Transport Department Portal:
To avail driving license and learning license related online services, vehicle registration related, and motor vehicle tax-related online services you can visit their site. To avail services related to RTO online click on this link haryanatransport[dot]gov[dot]in
You can also check the RTO vehicle information on their site.
How to Get Vehicle Insurance in Gurgaon?
Being a corporate hub, the traffic in Gurgaon is increasing day by day. Therefore it is imperative to buy an accurate vehicle insurance policy to secure your vehicle in a comprehensive manner. Usually, the motor insurance policy includes-
- Third Party cover that offers protection against third-party death, injuries and property damage
- Own Damage Cover in case of an accident or collision
- Personal Accident cover
Vehicle Insurance premium is decided on the basis of the following factors-
- Geographical Location- The premium is on a higher side in metro cities such as Delhi, Chennai, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Ahmedabad). Premium in Gurgaon is comparatively lower.
- Engine Cubic Capacity - Vehicle insurance premium varies on the basis of the engine’s cubic capacity. The premium for vehicles less than 1000 cc is lower as compared to 1500 engine and more than 1500 cc.
- No-claim-bonus – You can earn No claim discount if you have a safe driving record and have not made any claim during the policy term. If no claims are made, you can earn up to 50% of NCB.
- Vehicle Age- The insurance premium also varies with the age of the car. The older the car, the lesser is the premium.
After comparing the benefits and features of vehicle insurance online, you can choose the best vehicle insurance policy that meets most of your needs.
For how many years a non-transport vehicle is registered?
If my vehicle is registered in a different city for how long can I keep it in another state?
For how long is the certificate of fitness of a transport vehicle is valid?
Where should I pay the Road Tax?
Where should I go to register my vehicle?
In Haryana, the Registering Authority for all the vehicles is the SDO(C), except the transport vehicles, and vehicles having a seating capacity of more than 6 people.
The allocation of registration marks between 1 and 100 is carried out at the office of Transport Commissioner, Haryana.