Maruti Suzuki Ignis Car Insurance
A compact urban SUV, Maruti Suzuki Ignis is an economical car by Maruti Suzuki India.The car is a great combination of eye-catchy design and incredible performance. It has also won the ‘Hatchback of the Year’ award at the NDTV Car Awards 2018. Read below to know about the car's specifications, features, and Maruti Suzuki Ignis car insurance price.
Features of Maruti Suzuki Ignis
Maruti Suzuki Ignis is a popular hatchback that comes in a petrol engine offering both automatic and manual transmission. The car has 7 variants and is available in 9 bold colours. Some of its many features include Suzuki TECT body, anti-lock braking system, Smartplay studio, vibrant interiors, etc. The car has been specifically built to offer smooth drive on the busy roads of India and is considered a tough urban hatchback.
- The interiors of Maruti Suzuki Ignis are vibrant, spacious, and comfortable enough for a relaxed drive.
- The Smartplay studio in the car lets you communicate and navigate using steering mounting and voice controls.
- To help drivers easily park the car in the toughest spots, the car comes with a rear camera parking feed.
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis is also equipped with an Auto Gear Shift (AGS) for a more comfortable ride.
- Safety features like ABS, dual front airbags, seatbelt pre-tensioners with force limiters offer enhanced safety to the driver and passengers.
- For an enhanced sporty look, the car is equipped with a striking rear roof spoiler and roof rails.
- The toughness of the car increases with 15” all-black alloy wheels and sturdy front & rear skid plates.
- For better visibility, the Maruti Suzuki Ignis comes with LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs.
- The car also comes with fog lamps to help drivers see clearly during foggy weather.
Specifications of Maruti Suzuki Ignis
|Engine displacement (cc)||1197|
|Maximum power (kW@rpm)||61@ 6000|
|Maximum torque (Nm@rpm)||113@ 4200|
|Number of cylinders||4|
|Transmission mode||Automatic and Manual|
|Emission norm compliance||BS-VI|
|Fuel tank capacity||32 litres|
|Fuel efficiency (km/l)||20.89|
Maruti Suzuki Ignis Car Insurance Price
|Maruti Suzuki Ignis Variants (2018 Registration)||Ex-showroom Prices||Insured Declared Value* (IDV)||Zero Depreciation* (Add-on Cover)||Estimated Maruti Suzuki Ignis Car Insurance Price* (Comprehensive car insurance policy)|
|Sigma||Rs. 5,25,000||Rs. 2,06,550||Rs. 1,627||Rs. 4,862 onwards|
|Delta||Rs. 5,96,000||Rs. 2,33,550||Rs. 1,840||Rs. 5,077 onwards|
|Zeta||Rs. 6,37,000||Rs. 2,58,750||Rs. 2,039||Rs. 5,277 onwards|
|AMT Delta||Rs. 6,46,000||Rs. 2,76,300||Rs. 2,177||Rs. 5,416 onwards|
|AMT Zeta||Rs. 6,87,000||Rs. 2,86,200||Rs. 2,255||Rs. 5,495 onwards|
|Alpha||Rs. 7,12,000||Rs. 3,01,050||Rs. 2,372||Rs. 5,613 onwards|
|AMT Alpha||Rs. 7,62,000||Rs. 3,24,000||Rs. 2,553||Rs. 5,795 onwards|
Maruti Suzuki Ignis Car Insurance: Inclusions
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis motor insurance policy covers expenses arising out of the following damages:
- Accidental damages to the third party, such as third-party demise, bodily injury, or property damages.
- Damages to the insured Maruti Suzuki Ignis car due to manmade acts like riots, strikes, terrorist acts, etc.
- Loss or damage to the insured vehicle due to fire, and self-ignition or lighting.
- Damages or losses that arise due to theft, housebreaking, or burglary of the insured car.
- Damages due to natural calamities like cyclones, hurricanes, earthquakes, slides, etc.
- Any external accidental damage, such as a road accident.
Maruti Suzuki Ignis Car Insurance: Exclusions
Risks that are not covered under the Maruti Suzuki Ignis motor insurance policy include:
- Damages sustained by the insured car if it's being used beyond specified geographical limits.
- Loss or damage arising as a result of civil war or nuclear attacks.
- Damages caused to the insured Maruti Suzuki Ignis when the driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Damages sustained by the insured car when the driver was driving without a driving license.
- Damages caused due to electrical or mechanical failure of the car.
- Any contractual liability of the policyholder towards the car.
- Damages sustained when the private car was being used for commercial purposes.
Maruti Suzuki Ignis Car Insurance: Add-ons
The coverage of a Maruti Suzuki Ignis four-wheeler insurance policy can also be enhanced by purchasing additional covers on payment of an extra premium amount. These add-ons include:
- Nil Depreciation Cover
- NCB Protect Cover
- Engine Protect Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Consumable Cover
- Tyre Protect Cover
- Key Replacement Cover
- Personal Belongings Cover
Add-ons for your car insurance
How to Buy Maruti Suzuki Ignis Car Insurance Online?
To buy Maruti Suzuki car insurance online, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- From Policybazaar.com, go to the ‘Car Insurance’ page from the ‘Insurance Products’ dropdown.
- On the form, select ‘Proceed without a car number or “Brand New Car’.
- Enter your car details like model, RTO, fuel type, registration year, etc.
- Fill in the required information and proceed with prices
- Choose the suitable Maruti Suzuki Ignis four-wheeler insurance plan along with required add-on covers
- Fill in the proposal form and proceed with premium payment
- Pay the premium via bank cards, net banking, UPI, etc.
- After the payment is complete, you will be required to fill in some details to receive your motor insurance document papers.
Your Maruti Suzuki Ignis car insurance confirmation and policy papers will be sent to your email address.
How to Renew Maruti Suzuki Ignis Car Insurance Online?
Follow the steps mentioned below for car insurance renewal online:
- Visit the official website of Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited and go to ‘Car Insurance’ from the ‘Insurance Products’ menu
- Enter your car number in the given and view prices
- Now fill in your details and proceed
- Select your existing policy expiry date and whether you have made a claim or not
- Find the Maruti Suzuki Ignis car insurance renewal quotes from the mentioned motor insurance renewal quotes
- Add the required add-on covers to your selected plan
- Select the No Claim Bonus per cent of your existing four-wheeler insurance policy
- Proceed with ‘Secure Payment’
- After the premium verification, you can make the payment via your preferred payment method.
- Your Maruti Suzuki Ignis car insurance plan will be renewed after successful payment.
- You will receive your renewal policy papers at your registered mail address.
Maruti Suzuki Ignis Insurance: FAQs
Ans: Yes. As per the motor laws of India, it is mandatory for every car owner in India to have a third-party liability motor policy. Therefore, you need to buy car insurance for your Maruti Suzuki Ignis car.
Ans: Yes, you can transfer your existing NCB discount when you renew your car insurance from any other insurer.
Ans: You can compare Maruti Suzuki Ignis insurance plans from multiple insurance companies on Policybazaar.com and choose the one that suits your requirements.
Ans: Yes, you will need the following documents to register a claim under the Maruti Suzuki Ignis motor insurance policy:
- A copy of the valid driving license
- A copy of the car’s Registration Certificate
- Copy of four-wheeler insurance papers
- A copy of the Police FIR
- Repair estimates and bills
- Duly signed claim form
Ans: The motor insurance premium of your Maruti Suzuki Ignis car will depend on factors like:
- The registration year of the car
- The model variant of the car
- IDV of the car
- Type of car insurance
- Fuel type
- Engine capacity
- Geographical location
- No Claim Bonus
- Discounts offered on premium
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.
Car insurance articles
21 Sep 2022Are you also worried about high motor insurance premium rates?...
12 Sep 2022As per the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, every car owner must possess...
24 Aug 2022Buying a car insurance policy is one of the best ways to protect...
23 Aug 2022Electric cars are known as the future of the automotive industry....
05 Aug 2022In India, car enthusiasts love to modify their cars with...