Maruti Alto K10 Car Insurance
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 is a popular budget car preferred by first-time car buyers in India. It is a hatchback car with a sporty stance that was first launched in the year 2010. It gradually went on to become one of India’s best mileage cars under Rs 5 lakh. With a basic 1.0 litre K10B engine, the car is high on pride and is available in both petrol and CNG fuel type. However, Maruti Suzuki had stopped the production of Alto K10 in April 2020. The car can still be purchased at resellers. If you want to buy a Maruti Alto K10, you can go through its features and specifications along with the coverage and procedure to buy Maruti Alto K10 car insurance.
Maruti Alto K10 Features
Maruti Alto K10 comes with several attractive features that make it favourable for people looking for budget cars. Take a look at some of the most lucrative features below:
- It comes in an attractive dual-tone interiors
- It is equipped with ABS with EBD and an in-built speed alert system
- The car comes with a standard airbag for the driver
- It has a dial-type climate control system
- It is equipped with smart reverse parking sensors
- It comes with a seat belt reminder and full wheel cover
- It also comes with an option of smart alloy wheels
- Few variants of Alto K10 come with keyless entry and front fog lamp
Specifications of Maruti Alto K10
The Maruti Alto K10 comes with the following specifications:
|Engine/ Displacement||998 CC|
|Maximum Power||67.1 bhp @6000rpm|
|Maximum Torque||90Nm @3500rpm|
|Mileage||Up to 24.07 Kmpl|
|Suspension||Front: MacPherson StrutRear: 3 Link Rigid|
|Fuel Variant||Petrol/ CNG|
|Emission Norm Compliance||BS IV|
|Fuel Tank||35 Litres|
|Boot Space||177 Litres|
Maruti Alto K10 Variants with Price
Check out the variants of Maruti Alto K10 along with its ex-showroom price and insurance price:
|Maruti Alto K10 Variants||Ex-Showroom Prices (in Rs)||Estimated Maruti Alto K10 Insurance Price*(1-year Comprehensive Car Insurance)|
|K10 LX||3,65,843||Rs 3,591 onwards|
|K10 LXI||3,82,588||Rs 3,601 onwards|
|K10 VXI||3,99,036||Rs 3,534 onwards|
|K10 VXI (O)||4,12,238||Rs 3,582 onwards|
|K10 VXI AMT (O)||4,43,559||Rs 3,813 onwards|
|K10 LXI CNG||4,44,777||Rs 4,579 onwards|
*Disclaimer: The above Maruti Alto K10 insurance price is for cars registered in 2019. The Alto K10 insurance price will vary as per the RTO, year of registration, fuel type, coverage and other factors.
Types of Maruti Alto K10 Car Insurance
Maruti Suzuki insurance for Alto K10 is available in two types –
This Maruti car insurance provides coverage for third party accidental liabilities of the car owner in case his Alto K10 has caused bodily injuries/ death or property damage to a third party. Possessing a valid third party cover is mandatory for all car owners in India.
This Maruti Suzuki insurance provides both third party liability coverage as well as own damage coverage to the Alto K10 car. Own damage cover includes protection from fire, vandalism, theft, natural calamities, accidents, etc.
Maruti Alto K10 Car Insurance Policy Inclusions
Here is a list of coverage offered by a Maruti Suzuki insurance policy for Alto K10 car:
- It covers any loss or damages caused to the Alto K10 car due to exigencies, such as:
- Natural disasters, such as earthquakes, cyclones, landslides, etc.
- Manmade hazards, such as strike, terrorist strike, etc.
- In-transit damages while transporting on land, water, air or rail
- It covers any third party losses resulting out of causing property damages or bodily injuries to the third party
- It covers the owner-driver of the Maruti Alto K10 for any accidental injuries caused while driving the car
- It also provides additional coverage for electrical/ non-electrical accessories and bi-fuel kits
Add On Covers Under Maruti Alto K10 Insurance Policy
Maruti car insurance offers several add-on covers that can be purchased on paying a higher premium amount to expand the policy coverage level. Take a look at the various add-ons offered under Maruti Alto K10 car insurance:
- Road Assistance Cover – Several services, such as tyre change, car towing, car keys arrangement, etc are provided if the Alto K10 car breakdowns in the middle of the road.
- Daily Conveyance Benefit – In case the Alto K10 car is at a garage for repairs, the insurance company provides daily conveyance allowance to the car owner for commuting through other transport.
- Tyre Protector – It covers any loss or damage to the tyres of the car even if does not result out of an accident.
- Engine Protection – It ensures that any non-accidental damages to the engine of the Alto K10 car are covered.
- Zero Depreciation Cover – It provides the Alto K10 car owner with an IDV equal to the market value of the car without deducting its depreciating value.
- Return to Invoice – It pays a claim amount equal to the invoice value of the car instead of the current market value in case of total loss claims.
- No Claim Bonus Protection – It protects the No Claim Bonus of the car owner irrespective of whether or not he makes a claim during the policy term.
- Consumables Cover – It pays for the cost of consumables used in the Alto K10 car, such as coolant, engine oil, screws, washer, etc.
- Key Replacement Cover – It provides the replacement key of the Alto K10 car if the owner loses the key or gets locked out of the car.
- Passenger Cover – It provides personal accident coverage to all passengers riding in the Alto K10 car along with the driver.
Maruti Alto K10 Car Insurance Policy Exclusions
Maruti car insurance policy for Alto K10 does not cover the following adversities:
- It does not cover any expenses arising out of the mechanical or electrical breakdown of the Alto K10 car.
- It does not entertain any claims arising out of using the car for racing or commercial purposes.
- It will not entertain any accidental claims if the driver if found driving the Alto K10 car without a valid driving license.
- It does not cover any damages or losses incurred on the car accessories unless the accessories cover has been taken.
- It does not cover the losses incurred due to the general wear and tear of the Alto K10.
- It will not entertain any accidental claims if the driver of the car is found under the influence of alcohol.
- It does not cover any damages to your car’s tyres that are not a direct result of an accident unless the tyre protect cover has been bought.
- It will not cover any loss or damages caused to the Alto K10 car in case of a war, nuclear explosion and related perils.
- It will not entertain any claims if the car is being used for illegal purposes.
How to Buy Maruti Alto K10 Car Insurance?
Anybody can easily buy Maruti car insurance online for his Alto K10 car. The process to purchase Maruti Suzuki online insurance is quite simple. Follow the steps given below to buy Maruti Alto K10 insurance online:
- Go to the car insurance page on the website
- Click on the option of buying car insurance online
- A proposal form will appear that needs to be filled with the details of the Alto K10 car, such as RTO, model variant, fuel type, coverage type, year of registration, etc.
- Fill up the personal contact details, such as email id and phone number
- A list of all Maruti car insurance plans will be displayed
- Select the plan to be purchased for the Alto car
- Choose the add-on covers to be bought
- The final Maruti car insurance price will be shown
- Make Maruti car insurance online payment
- The Alto K10 insurance policy will be issued after payment
How to Renew Maruti Alto K10 Car Insurance?
The Maruti car insurance renewal can be easily done online. This is because the process of Maruti car insurance renewal online is very simple. Car owners must follow the Maruti car insurance renewal online procedure given below to renew their Maruti Alto K10 car insurance policy:
- Go to the car insurance policy renewal page
- A renewal form will have to be filled with details of the previous Maruti Suzuki insurance policy, such as policy number, phone number, etc.
- Confirm to renew the same plan or choose a new Maruti Suzuki insurance plan
- Check the details and the insurance price
- Make Maruti car insurance online payment
- The Maruti car insurance policy renewal will be made
Maruti Alto K10 Car Insurance FAQs
Q: If my Alto K10 car’s windshield gets shattered in an accident, will it be covered under my car insurance?Ans: Yes. Since the windshield was damaged as a direct result of an accident, therefore, its replacement cost will be paid by your insurance company. Moreover, few motor insurers also provide windshield glass protection as an add-on cover that also provides coverage for any non-accidental damages to the car’s windshield.
Ans: Yes. The CNG kit in your car was fitted by the manufacturer and thus, any loss or damage to the kit will be covered under the Maruti car insurance policy.
Ans: If your Alto K10 car gets stolen, then you will receive a claim amount equal to the IDV or insured declared value of the car. The IDV refers to the current market value of Alto K10 minus its value of depreciation. But if you own return to invoice cover, you will be able to get the invoice value of your car as claim amount.
Ans: The Maruti car insurance price for Alto K10 depends on the following factors:
- Age of the car
- City of Registration
- Model Variant
- Type of coverage
- No Claim Bonus
- Add-On Covers
Ans: You should buy Maruti car insurance for your Alto K10 car because of the following reasons:
- It is mandatory by law to have at least third party insurance for a car
- It enables you to get cashless repairs done
- It protects your Alto K10 car from any unforeseen loss or damages
- It helps you to drive your Alto K10 car without any stress
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More