Maruti Suzuki Alto Car Insurance
Buying a Maruti Alto car is a matter of necessity for some, while for some it's a matter of pride. Therefore, it's also important to cover your four-wheeler from own damages as well as any third-party liability. For this purpose, you can purchase a Maruti Alto car insurance and cover your car financially as well as legally.
Maruti Alto Car Insurance Price
|Maruti Alto Car Variants (2018 Registration)||Ex-Showroom Price||Insured Declared Value (IDV)*||Zero Depreciation Cover*||Maruti Alto Car Insurance Premium* (Comprehensive Car Insurance)|
|STD (O)||Rs. 3,39,000||Rs. 95,291||Rs. 715||Rs. 2,815 onwards|
|LXi (O)||Rs. 4,08,000||Rs. 1,32,629||Rs. 995||Rs. 3,098 onwards|
|VXi||Rs. 4,28,000||Rs. 1,34,340||Rs. 1,058||Rs. 4,483 onwards|
|LXi (O) CNG||Rs. 5,02,000||Rs. 1,37,877||Rs. 1,035||Rs. 3,316 onwards|
*Disclaimer: The Maruti Alto car insurance price for multiple variants depends on factors like IDV of the car, No Claim Bonus, engine displacement, add-ons opted and more.
Features of Maruti Alto Car
Maruti Suzuki Alto is a compact hatchback car manufactured and sold by Maruti Suzuki. The car was first launched in the year 2000 and soon became one of the top-selling city cars in the country. In fact, it was the preferred choice of most middle-class Indian households. Over the last 20 years, the Alto car has been loved for its excellent comfort, fuel efficiency, low maintenance and pocket-friendly cost.
Interiors of Maruti Alto Car
- The interiors of the Maruti Alto car are comfortable with a dual-tone finish.
- The car also has a stylish speedometer which makes the interior look more pleasing
- To add more convenience, the car also comes with front and rear bottle holders.
- For infotainment purposes, the car comes with Smart Play Dock with Bluetooth connectivity.
Exteriors of Maruti Alto Car
- The car has retained its classic appearance but has also added a new front grille that makes it more appealing.
- The headlamps and bumpers have also been redesigned.
- The car comes in six colour options to choose from.
- Some other features of the Maruti Alto car include a reverse parking sensor, seat belt reminder, ABS with EBD and more.
Specifications of Maruti Alto Car
|Engine displacement (cc)||796|
|Maximum power (bhp@rpm)||47@6000|
|Maximum torque (Nm@rpm)||69@|
|Fuel type||Petrol, CNG|
|Fuel tank capacity||35 litres|
Maruti Alto Car Insurance: Inclusions
A Maruti Alto car insurance policy provides coverage for the following damages and losses sustained by the insured car:
- Any third party liabilities such as third party death, injury or property damage
- Damages sustained by the insured Maruti Alto car due to manmade activities like strikes, terrorist acts, riots etc.
- Any damage caused to the insured car due to hurricanes, cyclones, storms and other natural disasters
- Any in-transit damages sustained by the insured four-wheeler are also covered under Maruti car insurance policy
- Damages to the insured car due to fire, explosion or self-ignition are also covered
- Any damages arising out of theft, burglary or housebreaking are also included in the policy coverage
Maruti Alto Car Insurance: Exclusions
Damages or losses that are not covered under the Maruti Alto car insurance policy include:
- Damages arising out of contractual liability of the owner are not covered under the Maruti Alto car insurance policy
- Damages caused to the insured car when the driver was under the influence of alcohol
- Damages sustained by the insured four-wheeler when the driver was not carrying a valid driving license
- Losses arising out of commercial use of private vehicle are also not covered
- Any loss arising out of general wear and tear of the insured Maruti Alto car are also excluded from policy coverage
- Depreciation borne by the insured car over the years is also considered under policy exclusions.
Maruti Alto Car Insurance: Add-ons
To enhance the coverage of his/her car insurance policy, a policyholder can also purchase additional covers by paying an extra premium. These add-ons are:
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Engine Breakdown Cover
- NCB Protect Cover
- Nil Depreciation Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Tyre Protect Cover
Explore add-ons for your car insurance
How to Buy Maruti Alto Car Insurance Online?
To buy Maruti Alto car insurance online, you can visit Policybazaar.com and follow the below-mentioned steps:
- From the ‘Insurance Products’ dropdown, visit the ‘Car Insurance’ page
- Enter your car number or select any of the other two options from ‘brand new car’ or ‘proceed without a car number’
- Now select your car’s RTO, model, variant, fuel type and registration year
- Fill in the required details in the given form and proceed
- From the given Maruti Alto car insurance plans, choose the desired plan
- Select any add-ons you wish to include in your plan from ‘Addons and Accessories’ dropdown
- Fill in the proposal form with rest of your vehicle details
- Select ‘Summary and Payment’ option
- Pay the premium via desired payment mode
- Once you have paid the premium, your Maruti car insurance policy papers will be mailed to you.
How to Renew Maruti Alto Car Insurance?
For a Maruti Alto car insurance renewal, visit the official website of Policybazaar Insurance Brokers and follow these steps:
- Navigate to the ‘Car Insurance’ page from the ‘Insurance Products’ menu
- On the given form, enter your car number and proceed
- Now select your car details such as RTO, model, variant, fuel type, etc
- Fill in the registration form and proceed with car insurance renewal quotes
- From the given Maruti Alto car insurance renewal plans, choose the desired plan and
- Select the desired add-ons from the list of add-ons
- Select NCB discount on previous Maruti Alto car insurance policy
- Pay the premium amount via bank cards, net banking or UPI
- Once the payment is complete, your Maruti Alto car insurance renewal papers will be mailed to you.
Maruti Alto Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: Yes, you can use the Maruti Alto car insurance premium calculator on Policybazaar.com to calculate and compare premium before choosing the right policy for your car.
Ans: Yes, you can easily transfer your NCB discount while changing your insurer or renewing your Alto car insurance policy.
Ans: To reduce your Maruti Alto car insurance price, you can follow these tips:
- Do not make a claim during a policy year
- Install anti-theft devices in your car
- Become a member of the Automobiles Association of India
- Compare car insurance prices online before purchasing
Ans: Yes, you will need these documents to make a Maruti Alto car insurance claim:
- Copy of driving license
- Copy of car insurance policy
- Copy of Registration Certificate
- Police FIR
- Bills of repair and repair estimates
Ans: Your Maruti car insurance premium depends on multiple factors such as:
- Car’s engine displacement
- No Claim Bonus discount
- Make and model of your car
- IDV of the car
- Car’s safety features
- Type of coverage required
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Car insurance articles
09 Jan 2023Yes, your comprehensive car insurance policy may cover the damages
03 Jan 2023As per the IRDAI guidelines, all motor insurance sectors including
09 Dec 2022Roadside Assistance is an add-on cover offered with your
06 Dec 2022No, any damage to the nut bolt or any other consumable of your
05 Dec 2022Third-party car insurance is a mandatory cover as per the motor