RTO Madhya Pradesh
The role of Madhya Pradesh RTO/ MP RTO is to maintain the database of all the drivers and vehicles in Madhya Pradesh. The RTO is responsible to conduct pollution tests of the vehicles and check their vehicle insurance as well. Moreover, it also issues registration certificates, driving licenses and collects the road tax. The department is administered by the Transport Commissioner of the State. Since 10 years, the state has been generating computerized services to issue Registration Certificate and Smart card based driving licenses.
Just like Madhya Pradesh RTO, every state has its own specific RTO where you can go for any vehicle and transportation-related work. You can easily search for MP RTO Vehicle Registration and related Information online.
Functions of MP RTO
- The functions of Madhya Pradesh RTO are defined below-
- Vehicle Registration- Issuance of vehicle RC, issuance of duplicate RC, change of address on RC, transfer of ownership, termination of purchase agreement and endorsement of hire purchase agreement.
- Appointment and Issuance of Driving License (DL) - Providing driving license including - New DL, Learner's License, Permanent DL, Duplicate DL, and Endorsements (if any). Fixing appointments for the application of license in M.P. and backlog entry for the paper license is also done by the MP RTO.
- Vehicle Permit- It is the duty of the Regional transport office to provide permits to all the public/commercial vehicles, including the permit for goods and stage carriage vehicles and taxis, authorization and special permits, duplicate permit, education permanent permit, and cancellation of the permit.
- Online Tax Payment System & Dealer Point Enrollment System - Collection of road taxes and taxes for new vehicles in the state. Madhya Pradesh is the first state to offer value added services such as Online Tax Payment. Moreover, it allows the dealers to register their vehicles online.
- Online Fitness/No-Objection-Certificate – MP RTO transport department also issues duplicate copies of Fitness Certificate/NOC of the vehicles. Renewal of Fitness Certificate for the vehicles is also done by the RTO.
MP RTO Registration Codes with Office Locations
|MP RTO Locations||MP RTO CODE||MP RTO Locations||MP RTO CODE||MP RTO Locations||MP RTO CODE|
Contact Details of MP RTO
For MP RTO Registration Enquiry the contact details are given below-
Address- RTO Bhopal, Locality Number No. 6, Shivaji Nagar, Durga Mandir Road, Bhopal, MP
Pin code – 462016
Contact Number- 080901 03434
Fax Number- 0141 2740177
Types of Vehicle Registration in Madhya Pradesh
Registration of a vehicle is mandatory in every state of India. Not only it is the proof of vehicle ownership but is required while selling the vehicle or while transferring its ownership in someone else's name.
The two types of vehicle registrations are defined below--
- Permanent Registration of the Vehicle - Under the purview of the M.V. Act, you are eligible to drive on the public roads if only you hold a permanent RC of your vehicle. To get your vehicle registration done, you can visit the nearest RTO office of your city/region.
- Temporary Registration of the Vehicle - As per the provisions of the Central Motor Vehicle Act, you can get a temporary RC for your vehicle if you have to take it to another state. Temporary RC or transit registration is only valid for 30 days and it cannot be renewed. Before it is expired, you are required to get a permanent RC for your vehicle.
Vehicle Registration Process in Madhya Pradesh
Under the purview of Rule 80 of the M.V. Act, 1988, an applicant can get the registration number for the vehicle after submitting all the required documents. And a fancy registration number is given through auction. Furthermore, if you want to get a specific number, there are additional charges attached to it.
Documents Required To Register a Motor Vehicle in Madhya Pradesh
Following documents are required to register a vehicle at MP RTO-
- Application to register the vehicle/Form 20
- PUC certificate
- Documents for address and age proof
- Vehicle registration fees ( as applicable)
- Applicable taxes
- Sales certificate (form 22)
- Vehicle insurance papers
- Passport size photo
- To register an imported vehicle, you need to submit the invoice
- Temporary vehicle registration number ( if any)
- Form 34 with details of loan hypothecation
- Manufacturer’s certificate in case of carriage vehicles
- To register a trailer, the design has to be approved by the Transport Commissioner
Documents Required To Get a Permanent RC from the MP RTO
For MP RTO registration an application has to be made in Form 20 to the Registering authorities. The application should be sent within 7 days of the vehicle delivery date (excluding the transit period)
- Sales Certificate/Form 21
- Roadworthiness certificate from the manufacturer/ Form 22
- Motor insurance Certificate
- Address proof (electricity bill or ration card...)
- Pollution Under Control Certificate
- For semi-trailers or trailers design approval copy of STA is required
- For imported vehicles clearance certificate from customs is required
- For ex-army vehicles Sales Certificate ( original) from the concerned authorities is required
- Applicable Fees as per Rule 81 of Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989
- Tax as per the M.V. Taxation Act of Madhya Pradesh
Documents Required To Get a Temporary RC from the MP RTO
In order to get a temporary MP RTO Registration Certificate following documents are required-
- Form 21/Sales Certificate
- Form 22/ Road worthiness certificate from the manufacturers
- Motor Insurance Certificate
- Address Proof (Ration Card or Electricity Bill)
- PUC Certificate
- Design approval copy of STA for semi-trailer or trailer
- In case of an Ex-Army Vehicle you need to submit the or original sales certificate
- Customs Clearance Certificate (if it an imported vehicle)
- Tax as per the M.P Motor Vehicles Taxation Act
- Fees ( as applicable)
How to Renew Registration Certificate?
To renew a vehicle you need to file an application for renewal of RC in Form 25 within 60 of the expiry date. You need to pay the fees as applicable to the concerned RTO under the purview of Rule 81 of the CMV Rules, 1989.
Documents required by MP RTO are as follows-
- Insurance certificate
- Original RC
- Pollution control certificate ( PUC)
How to Get a Duplicate MP RTO Registration Certificate?
An application to issue a duplicate RC is to be made in Form 26. If covered by Hire Purchase/Finance/Lease the sign of the financier is required on Form 26. You also need to pay the fees to the concerned RTO as mentioned in Rule 81 of the CMV Rules.
- Police FIR copy in case the RC is lost
- Original Vehicle Registration if it is damaged
How to Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Madhya Pradesh?
- If you want to transfer the ownership of your vehicle, firstly, you need to file an application for transferring the ownership of your vehicle in Form-29 (in Duplicate).
- Also, Form-30 in duplicate with the signatures of the financer ( if covered by lease/ hire purchase/ finance)
- The fee needs to be paid to the Registering Authority where the vehicle was already registered. The fee applicable is as per the CMV Rules, 1989.
Documents Required To Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Madhya Pradesh
Following documents are required-
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- PUC Certificate
- Certificate of motor insurance
- If the vehicle is from a different state, NOC is required
- Proof of residence
- NOC from the Financier( if applicable)
- Affidavit for the purchase/sale of vehicles from the purchaser/seller
How to update Address on Registration Certificate?
Documents required to apply for a change of address on your RC are as follows-
- Original vehicle registration certificate
- Duly filled form 33
- Vehicle insurance policy ( attested copy)
- Proof of residence of the owner ( attested copy)
- Pollution under Control Certificate (PUC)
- Registration fee
- PAN Card ( attested copy) or Form 60 & 61(as applicable)
- If hypothecation is endorsed in the RC, NOC from the financer is required
MP RTO Registration for Private motor vehicles (Non-Transport vehicles)
The vehicle dealer will provide you with the RC of the vehicle while purchasing it and the process goes as follows-
- The dealer will register your vehicle with MP RTO online, pay the taxes and fees and you will get your vehicle registration number then and there itself.
- He will submit the documents on your behalf to the Regional Transport Office. Once approved, the registration smart card will be delivered to your address.
MP RTO Transport E Sewa Portal
The E-Sewa portal is launched by the Transport Department of Madhya Pradesh to streamline the management of the transport department in the state. It enables the citizens to access the records of all the vehicles through SMS and Internet.
It reduces the chances of fraudulent activities at the end of dealers. Now the citizens can search online all the records related to their vehicle ownership and vehicle registration in an authenticated manner.
It is advisable that you verify online before purchasing a second-hand vehicle. With this initiative, the chances of purchasing a stolen car and forgery have reduced significantly.
How to Get Vehicle Insurance in M.P.?
It is mandatory to have vehicle insurance if you want to drive your automobile in Madhya Pradesh or anywhere in India. Vehicle insurance is of two types- third-party insurance and comprehensive insurance.
Third-party insurance is mandatory to ensure coverage for third-party damages, injuries, and death. And a comprehensive vehicle insurance policy covers both the damages to your own vehicle and another vehicle also. There are various additional benefits like roadside assistance; zero depreciation cover etc. that are available in a comprehensive vehicle insurance policy.